corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car day...
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 17 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just upgraded the Fiancees trusty and enjoyable Abarth 595 to, well, a better Abarth 595.... :laugh:

2017 Abarth 595 Turismo

1.4 T-Jet - 165PS package (Garrett GT Turbo, BMC Intake, Mapping)
Koni FSD Rear Suspension
Abarth FSD Front Suspension
Drilled Brakes
17" Gran Turismo wheels
LED Front/Rear lamps
7" Multifunction TFT Dashboard system
U-Connect touchscreen DAB/USB/Bluetooth Infotainment System
Full Black Leather Interior
'Corsa' Trim (Alloy Pedals, Gearknob)
Satin Chrome fixings in/out inc Mirror covers
Rear Parking Sensors

Finished in Modena Yellow.

We have also added some non-factory (read: Copy) stripes, carried out by the decal company the Dealership themselves use - who agreed with us that Abarths factory sticker pricing was ridiculous - the bonnet stripe is a custom item, inspired by one we saw on another owners car on social media...

We also had the car registered on her personal plate from the off and we supplied them a shortened front plate to improve the look, so she is happy about that!

IMG_5140 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5142 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5143 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5150 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5151 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5152 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5153 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_5154 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

It drives very nicely, it definitely feels more responsive and quicker than the last 140hp model we've just traded in. It's also a very comfortable place to be and the recent facelift updates inside for the ICE etc is very welcome, as well as the new styling updates adding a bit more over the precious model.

We are actually going to make a few little changes to this one over time too - a few little styling tweaks and maybe some further upgrades which have been suggeted by the Dealers.

Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 17 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Pete_vxl

10th Oct 17 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice and the interior is a much nicer place to be on the revised versions. Was your previous one a Euro 6?

Enjoyed my 2 years in Abarth ownership. Full of character and only ever had good attention. Got a bit fed up with the knocks and rattles however. I sold mine with 33k/5 years old and it had already had several wheel bearings, bushes, the boot solenoid broke, refurbished rear calipers and the door handle had fallen off. Worth it though, imo.
RS6

27th Oct 17 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an Abarth Esseesse 2009 loved it very much, full of character, went really well, in black i added the abarth decals as well as too costly from the dealership, great litte car, it was just the driving position and seats that were uncomfortable after a while, looks like its improving all the time
kz

29th Oct 17 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks great, nice colour! Seems crazy a little ol' 500 has bigger alloys than my car.

Bumpers aren't the prettiest though, seem a bit over engineered just like the latest JCW ones. I do like the rear lights more now, as I hated the facelift ones at first.
Baggies-no1

1st Nov 17 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/abarth/500/highly-modified-abarth-500-250bhp/7914269

Saw this on Pistonheads.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Nov 17 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it - great little motor!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Nov 17 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all.

It's a noticeably better drive than the last one & I'm properly fond of it....

I'm also glad we got the latest (Series 4) model, and this colour. It looks so much better and more of a 'sports' model with the chunky bits, and a less than subtle colour helps with this a lot.

We're now looking at options for getting the roof wrapped in gloss black, and I'm looking at some lighting upgrades too - LED Reg lights, and some brighter headlights too.

Tiger

10th Nov 17 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Cheers all.

It's a noticeably better drive than the last one & I'm properly fond of it....

I'm also glad we got the latest (Series 4) model, and this colour. It looks so much better and more of a 'sports' model with the chunky bits, and a less than subtle colour helps with this a lot.

We're now looking at options for getting the roof wrapped in gloss black, and I'm looking at some lighting upgrades too - LED Reg lights, and some brighter headlights too.

Could you not get the roof properly sprayed? Lasts longer and much better quality having a proper job done.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day... 23 database queries in 0.0096409 seconds