corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe timing tensioner??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe timing tensioner??
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Mar 17 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering if anyone has came across a tensioner that has failed causing the timing to slip and cause a piston to hit the spark plug?

this is what happened to mine and the timing belt is still intact but very very loose so guessing that the tensioner has failed

**MANTZEL INLET MANIFOLD WANTED**

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

(if you can still read this then i'm still looking for them thanks.)
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the tensioner failed or is it another pulley? Should be easy to see if the tensioner is in the right place from the Haynes illustrations.
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i looked at the markings and it was to the left hand side of the v by miles! i have inspected it have the head off and i found that one valve has snapped off and lodged itself into the piston damaging both piston and the cylinder head and spark plug, need to fully inspect the bore, ill upload some pictures

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

31st Mar 17 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So did the tensioner actually fail, or was it just not done up properly?
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

31st Mar 17 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have not been able to get the bottom crank bolt off so i can't remove the cover to get a good look, i'm guessing it failed and threw the timing out but will have a right look when i manage to get that bolt undone

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

7th Apr 17 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tensioner was fine, valve must have just broke, engine away to come out soon.

New Poll