corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New topgear

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New topgear
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
6th Mar 17 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How comes no thread?

I thought it was fantastic, much better than the grand tour
RichR
Premium Member

6th Mar 17 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, really enjoyed it. Chris Harris has really come into his own and is a great lead for the show imo. Didn't even mind the 'Star in a Reasonably Fast Car' format.
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 17 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing which was a bit awkward was the studio segment immediately after the Ferrari segment, Le Blanc and Harris need to work a little bit on how comfortable they seem together.
RichR
Premium Member

6th Mar 17 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think LeBlanc is the issue; very stiff/American. Good in the features but not in the links but that might get better.
taylorboosh

6th Mar 17 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha the crash, total accident

Chris harris looks an awesome driver
p

7th Mar 17 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not watching. Can't stand the black guy, can't stand the yank. Typical BBC.
p

7th Mar 17 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Yep, really enjoyed it. Chris Harris has really come into his own and is a great lead for the show imo. Didn't even mind the 'Star in a Reasonably Fast Car' format.

I'm sure he stated he would never join Top gear because of all the bullshit that goes with it. I'm still confused as to what the fuck the BBC thought last series with the copious amounts of presenters
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Mar 17 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt Leblanc is made of plastic, the guy is cringey as fuck. Also Rory Reid does very annoying hand gestures And Harris is just stuck in the middle I guess
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Mar 17 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook was full of people saying it was great so I watched it - I found it still a bit wooden.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

7th Mar 17 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the BBC have played it fantastically, employ a knobhead and put out a shit series then sack him so people will give it another chance. That way rather than expecting the standards that the 3 stooges were putting out, people are now happy with it being something not great but with potential which is far preferable to having Chris Evans shouting the script that they already had written for Clarkson.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Mar 17 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was good. Need to get Jensen Button involved somehow, now he is at a loose end!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Mar 17 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant stand Rory Reid, comes across as trying too hard to be liked, dont have an issue with Le Blanc, Chris Harris was always a good choice for me, the guy can drive and i always watched his youtube videos before TG
kz

9th Mar 17 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely an improvement but I watched The Grand Tour within a couple of days of it and it just blows it away to be honest. I know Clarkson is knobend but you can't beat him for character. I'll still watch it because you know, I love all things cars.
evilrob
Premium Member

10th Mar 17 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
I love all things cars.

Got you covered when you run out of Grand Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Yj5gCnTv8

taylorboosh

10th Mar 17 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was getting bored towards the end of grand tour.... celebrity bits shit and the fat yank
whitter45

10th Mar 17 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rory reid is shite

and Chris Harris just tries too hard - coming across all aggressive and shouting - I know its the format but they basically fall into Chris Harris being Clarkson and opinionated about everything, Matt Le Blanc and Rory tying to fill the othjer 2

even the way they talk about things on the raodtrips and which guys lead the pack etc

Was an improvement but Chris Harris need to be less aggressive - I know its for show but looks forced

[Edited on 10-03-2017 by whitter45]
kz

11th Mar 17 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. I actually follow Harris on Twitter as find him 'interesting' but he does just come over a dickhead tbh.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Mar 17 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:
Originally posted by kz
I love all things cars.

Got you covered when you run out of Grand Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Yj5gCnTv8

Fucking loved that show as a kid
kennySRi

12th Mar 17 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought last week's episode was ok but tonight's was brilliant. Racing in the snow looked incredible!
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Mar 17 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not seen any of the new series yet, feeling like a catch up tonight I reckon

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Mar 17 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sundays was an excellent episode. I have watched the Giulia QV three times already.

I love it so much!! (The Giulia I mean....)

In regard to the show... I like the fact that every aspect has had an overhaul but it still feels like top gear. For example the opening theme tune doesn't have the silly jokes over the top of it. The stig is there, but isn't a big character. The star in a reasonable priced car is actually interesting (I used to fast forward through it) - Having a half decent RWD car and the Chris Harris mentoring beforehand. Bringing back the top gear track is a masterstroke after that rallycross effort.

I'm impressed, after not watching much of the Chris Evans series and the Grand Tour, it's decent!

[Edited on 13-03-2017 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

14th Mar 17 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the Giulia, however I worry that it would turn the way of my Mito, brilliant car but had niggles and showed it age really quickly.
taylorboosh

16th Mar 17 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure mitos are regarded as brilliant cars?

Also loved sundays ep
GB123
Premium Member

19th Mar 17 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I love the Giulia, however I worry that it would turn the way of my Mito, brilliant car but had niggles and showed it age really quickly.

Comparing a Giulia QV to a mito
pow
Premium Member

20th Mar 17 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Giulia is the same car if it's base spec or not, different interior fixings aren't going to change are they

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New topgear 23 database queries in 0.1763890 seconds