corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Transformer laptops

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transformer laptops
Cavey

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 16 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they any good for extended use? Missus is after a laptop for uni and I quite enjoyed having a play with the Lenovo yoga 510 at pc world the other day. Likes the touchscreen. Seemed response enough and the keyboard was fine.

Also. Am I still best going for Intel over amd processors? I've always disliked amd stuff. But they are generally cheaper.

Should I assume that all i7s are gonna be better than i5s and i5s and i3s respectively? Obviously they still show the processor speed. Would an i5 2.5 be quicker than an i7 2.3 for example?

Been a while since I've had to do this. So a little out of the game on it all
Neo

2nd Sep 16 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't compare i5 to i7 with regards to speed. i7 will be quad core, higher cache etc etc blah blah

I have a Yoga 20CD000MUK for site visits and stuff. Had it about 2 years, no major gripes. Also have a Zbook however I use for actual working as, although the Yoga is great in a meeting for quick notes or scribbles on a photo on site, the keyboard is abit too small for me.

Whats your budget ?
Cavey

2nd Sep 16 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500 or so. Will stretch a bit if needed. I liked the Lenovo thinkpad (or ideapad) 510. Felt quite nice. Fairly thin. Was about the same price as the yoga.
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 16 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look after a school who's headteacher swears by yogapads, and tbh she gives them some abuse and they give her a good 2/3 years service
Cavey

5th Sep 16 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to the wife and she's not sure what she'd ever use the tablet feature. So looks like we'll be going for the ideapad instead. If she could figure out anything to use the tablet then she'd probably go for that
DaveyLC

5th Sep 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Productive windows apps are dog shit through a touch interface so its just a big gimmick
Cavey

5th Sep 16 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my original thought but did enjoy having a play with it.

Tbf she won't be using it for anything major anyway probably mainly word processing, but thought it was a nice touch having the touch ablility, she kinda agrees that it's a bit pointless though, so going for the ideapad instead

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-510s-14-laptop-silver-10146499-pdt.html

OR

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-510-15-6-laptop-white-10146986-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR

She's leaning towards the first, smaller and lighter, also SSD so should be quicker too

[Edited on 05-09-2016 by Cavey]
DaveyLC

5th Sep 16 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Tbf she won't be using it for anything major anyway probably mainly word processing,

In that case a transformer tab would be a complete and utter waste of time
sc0ott

6th Sep 16 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay away from the Decepticon ones as they could kill you

New Poll