corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X20xev balance shaft removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X20xev balance shaft removal
Gibbo400

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 16 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I've got a x20xev which I've removed the balance shafts , any advice on what to do next before fitting A 8v sump
I.e blanking bits etc ? I'm making a pick up pipe to suit the sump. Probably been mentioned in another topic but haven't
Had any luck finding anything

Cheers in advance
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Mar 16 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you blanked the oil ways in the 2 main bearing caps that feed the balancer shafts?
and you can get an early x20xev oil pick up tube and sump that doesn't have balancer shafts.
also you will need to drill sump and gasket to clear m8 bolts as the earlier ones have m6 bolts.
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Mar 16 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had to grind down the balancer shaft carrier mount point along the inside of the block to clear the baffled sump plate.
bearing caps 2-3 have the oil ways in, I tapped out m8 and used copper washers and thread locker.

[img][/img]
Gibbo400

2nd Mar 16 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate , made a 8v sump plate fit tonight and making some blanking plates at work tomorrow for the
Oil ways . Any idea if there under pressure or was the oil
Going up from the balancer shafts ?
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Mar 16 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they have full oil system pressure as they are the feed to the balancers. plenty of metal there to drill and tap m8.

New Poll