corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hub removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hub removal
myke

User status: Offline
10th Aug 04 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to get the hubs from my cally setup.

at the moment, the struts, uprights, hubs, shafts and cv's are all still attached.
well, i got the shaft and cv's out of one of them, but the rest of it is still together.

once the cv is out of the hub, how do i get the hub out of the upright?
i've tried bashing it out from behind with a 30mm socket and a lump hammer to no avail. there was a massive circlip in there which i took out, but can't see how it did anything anyway.

am i just being a pussy and need to whack it harder or is there a special technique for the removal?

cheers.
mike_1.2LS96

11th Aug 04 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm not sure what you're on about. How did you get the driveshaft out before taking the hub off?

Cavilier?
From memory you have to seperate the lower balljoint and track rod end, remove the driveshaft (with a hammer), after that Im not sure if you take the strut out with the hub or can remove the strut from the hub there.

lee mitchell

11th Aug 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

myke i use a press to punch the old hubs out, that big clip u took off. there will be another on the inside. best to take them to a garage and get them punched out
myke

11th Aug 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

castleated nut comes off (bloody tight) and the shaft knocks out of the hub.
i was then having trouble removing the hub from the strut upright assembly.

i only noticed one circlip, but i was probably being dosy.
i'll take them to a garage to have them pressed out.
cheers lee. i got the shafts from ollie last weekend too. thanks for that.

what dimension does the hub need machining to to get the corsa bearing on? do i go to the exact dimension of the bearing or does it need a bit of play?
i still don't know exactly what goes on in there. i was hoping it would all be a bit clearer once i'd got the hubs off.

ta
ed

11th Aug 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you have to take the brake calipers off? I can't get mine off cos I don't have the right tool to do it - its too dirty to even work out how the buggers are held on down there... Just wondering if I need to do that... Sorry, thread jack
myke

11th Aug 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a 7mm allen key for the calipers.
you can get a draper 'brake key' which is basically just a 7mm allen key with a nice rubber handle on it.
got mine from isaac lords because interpart had sold out. was £4 something.

the bolts are in a small rubber tube with a cap on the end.

New Poll