corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HELP NEEDED!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP NEEDED!
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jan 16 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it's broked
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jan 16 at 02:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
So why is headgasket still plural?

No plural from me so don't know what you're on about
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jan 16 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understood one head gasket to mean the head gasket has failed by one chamber so one is letting in water but the others are OK and will run the car.

Which is plausible.

[Edited on 20-01-2016 by Ian]
MatthewR

20th Jan 16 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the other gaskets are students of the head gasket!
KaneCrockett

20th Jan 16 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, head gasket I've just got it diagnosed. Could that be why the heaters are not working? Also does anyone know any cheapish mechanics in the Suffolk area?
--ToM--

20th Jan 16 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No such thing as a cheap mechanic, get what you pay for. Take it to the cheapest and get a shit job done.
KaneCrockett

20th Jan 16 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There definitely is, every garage has different prices.
RichRu

20th Jan 16 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to agree pay cheap pay twice is usually the case..unless you know someone then you might get a deal
--ToM--

20th Jan 16 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KaneCrockett
There definitely is, every garage has different prices.

Yeah shit ones are cheap and decent ones with qualified technicians who know what there doing will charge a premium for the job to be done correctly.

You sound like the type of customer I tell to fuck off, want there car fixing ASAP and wanna tell me what your willing to pay.

had a guy before Christmas shit himself when I quoted him to do his head gasket on a jag, "Iv got a mate who's handy with cars" and all this waffle so I sent him on his way, first day back after Christmas he's outside, car barely stars when it does it's hunting missing it's tits off zip ties all over the plate wrong bolts in the wrong holes, wants me to "have a look at it" for him. Told him to take it back to the guy who did it, apparently he has and he doesn't know what's up with it lol.

Hence why I said get what you pay for, "anyone know a cheap mechanic" doesn't bode well when looking for work to be done, "anyone know a decent mechanic" is what you want to be looking for.
KaneCrockett

20th Jan 16 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said cheapish. I've rang up 2 dealerships since and they've both said 50 pound less than the first, "11 hours for a Vauxhall corsa £1100"that's what the first garage said and I thought, jog on you'd get it done in 8 and piss about with it for a few hours just for the income, I'd get it done within my garage that I work for but the master tech is away for a month therefore I'm exploring my options, don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay any less than £700 for it to be done because otherwise it wouldn't be done properly, if you told me that it'd cost £900 for mind to get done your the type of mechanic I'd tell to fuck off, I'm not cheap I want a good job done but my first quote wasn't pleasing hence I asked if any cheapish ones are about in the area
--ToM--

20th Jan 16 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Works in a garage and wants to farm out his own car.

Thinks it requires a master tech to do a head gasket on a corsa.

I hope your not on the spanners in this garage you work in. Scary.

KaneCrockett

20th Jan 16 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a tyre centre dip shit
Tyre fitters don't know how to replace HG's
A master tech in the company needs to be there so I can get discount. Fool.
Joe

20th Jan 16 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom is the best mechanic ever to grace the earth.
--ToM--

20th Jan 16 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People on forums do HGs on there driveway with very little mechanical knowledge, that said tyre fitters bring s new meaning to the word stupid so that's understandable, my bad.

Cheers joe, never once claimed to be or even given the impression that I think that of myself, but it's nice of you to show your internet upset towards my posts in such a graceful manor.
3CorsaMeal

20th Jan 16 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a good story on here about a Norwegian fishermen that settled here.

Got a job in a tyre shop. Not the man fitting the tyres but the man that carried the tyres to the man who fits them.

Cut a long story short, built his own corsa, worked his way up the ladder. Went from a corsa to a BMW and now drives a £90k van and bought a house and a nice mountain bike.

So don't give up.
noshua

20th Jan 16 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
There's a good story on here about a Norwegian fishermen that settled here.

Got a job in a tyre shop. Not the man fitting the tyres but the man that carried the tyres to the man who fits them.

Cut a long story short, built his own corsa, worked his way up the ladder. Went from a corsa to a BMW and now drives a £90k van and bought a house and a nice mountain bike.

So don't give up.

Generation

20th Jan 16 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fpmsl
Nic Barnes

20th Jan 16 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am success.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jan 16 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to pay no less than £700 bring it to me.
Jason x
Premium Member

20th Jan 16 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most places around where I am charge £32.50-£50 an hour labour so it would be like 14-20 hours labour for it to be £700

[Edited on 21-01-2016 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Jan 16 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had mine done for £100
--ToM--

21st Jan 16 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be fitting a new belt / chain and water pump at same time and giving it a service, would probs be around 7-800 mark. Wouldn't be 900 coz I'd get told to fuck off
alan t

21st Jan 16 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few that the timing chain gasket has been burst around the waterpump making the oil and coolant mix, gives all the symptoms of head gasket failure but its not. Worth taking the waterpump off and having a look

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HELP NEEDED! 22 database queries in 0.1046960 seconds