corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2016

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2016
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
16th Apr 16 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to decide to spend some money on a new road bike. Mine is quite a few years old now, nothing wrong with it just fancy one with disc brakes.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Roubaix-SL4-Comp-Disc-2016-Road-Bike_84233.htm?sku=278338&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CJr-q9OBk8wCFSco0wodxjIOOg#

That is what I'm currently looking at. Seems decent spec and they are supposed to be mega comfy.
A1EX

16th Apr 16 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/cannondale/synapse-carbon-105/723/cannondale-synapse-carbon-105-review

i just got this with a few upgrades
Norcy91

16th Apr 16 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any recommendations for front lights without breaking the bank? I've only got a Smart Lunar 10 at the moment, which is OK to make yourself seen, but not very good at helping you see where you're going! Are any of the CREE lights plastered all over eBay any good? There seems to be loads of different ones all under £30 as well.
Nic Barnes

16th Apr 16 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Cree ones are fine.
Dr Pepper

17th Apr 16 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Trying to decide to spend some money on a new road bike. Mine is quite a few years old now, nothing wrong with it just fancy one with disc brakes.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Roubaix-SL4-Comp-Disc-2016-Road-Bike_84233.htm?sku=278338&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CJr-q9OBk8wCFSco0wodxjIOOg#

That is what I'm currently looking at. Seems decent spec and they are supposed to be mega comfy.

Does it have to be carbon?

If you want comfy + sporty...worth considering a titanium or steel number. Would be under 2k and much cooler than a spec.

Those Roubaix bikes are great - but for me, I would want a 2k bike to feel a bit more special to own. My genesis was only £1100 and its spot on for anything from light touring to road racing. The steel frame is so comfy compared to carbon and aluminium bikes I have owned.

For 2k - you could be in budget for Condor, shand, mason, rourke, genesis, van nicolas, enigma ...all of which are amazing, cool bikes.

A rourke custom build comes in about 2k, would be fitted and specd for you and will last a lifetime.

[Edited on 17-04-2016 by Dr Pepper]
Nic Barnes

17th Apr 16 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just be looking at something I can jump on and ride. There really isn't anything wrong with my trek alpha 1.2 I blame the girlfriend as she has just got a ruby 2016 so it's all her fault.

I did see some van Nicholas at a bike show they looked great! I think as I'm in no rush (only been out on roads the last 2 weeks) I could investigate other cooler things.
Cole

17th Apr 16 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

enigma steel bikes are lovely they are built round the corner form my work. Funny enough ive got a MATE that has one barnes. same guy just spent 10k on a pinarello dogma. in the last 3yrs hes spent over 40k on bikes hes only a merc mechanic ffs
Pop

30th Apr 16 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sun's out so it's definitely time I went for an overdue blast. Trying out a rear wheel disc cover, so far so good.

Jimbothebarbarian

30th Apr 16 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you can sit at some epic average speed with that thing, I looks fucking mental.
broster
Premium Member

4th May 16 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats next on my list! looks fast sat there!
Nic Barnes

19th May 16 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After 2 years I've managed to break the first bit in my trek remedy 9.9. Shimano brake lever is dead. Unable to bleed it, everything else is ok so new lever on order. Means I will be riding my cube 29er hardtail this weekend if I head out on the trails.

Might be a sign to get a new mtb ordered up.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ns-bikes-snabb-e-carbon-suspension-bike-2016/rp-prod138372

Still really fancy that. See if it appears in an end of season sale.
Chris C

27th May 16 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm selling my Orange alpine, I've only ridden it twice in a year! Used to be out on it twice a week, don't seem to get much spare time with work.

Here's the link on the off chance one someone might know someone who's after one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-alpine-160-/162083895432?hash=item25bcf3f888:g:-DEAAOSwepZXR1SY
Pop

27th May 16 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
I hope you can sit at some epic average speed with that thing, I looks fucking mental.

I replied to this a while ago, god knows where it went?!

I can comfortably sit around 20mph at cruising. Really need to work on more hill work, it's pretty flat around here.
Pop

27th May 16 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I pull my finger out I can average low to mid 20's
nibnob21
Premium Member

27th May 16 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did my first long weekend ride last weekend. I normally just stick to my commute. Drove down and met up with some friends in London, started in Richmond Park then went out to Leith Hill and Box Hill; about 100kms in all. Arse was a bit sore the next day but all in all it was a doddle.

Also picked up one of these (2016 version) to get into trails at Cannock.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/hardtail/product/review-voodoo-bizango-15-49837/

[Edited on 27-05-2016 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
Jimbothebarbarian

28th May 16 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian

I replied to this a while ago, god knows where it went?!

I can comfortably sit around 20mph at cruising. Really need to work on more hill work, it's pretty flat around here.

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
If I pull my finger out I can average low to mid 20's

Really! I'm shit I struggle to average 14-15 mph.
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th May 16 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I average about 20mph but that's only a 6 1/2 mile commute. My bike doesn't look like it weighs about 10 grams though.

MX5 Project Thread
Nic Barnes

29th May 16 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a new lever on my bake brake and went for a ride out. really enjoyed it, just did a few natural trails then a downhill section but had a great time falling off and hitting trees. really do enjoy mountain biking. its good fun even when you are completely shit at it.
Matt L

31st May 16 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easy is it regrease the bottom bracket / crank?

I took it for a service for the other day where they regreased it for me but after 200 miles its come back but its not on every rotation its like every 3rd rotation, may take it back for them to look at but just wandering if its easy enough to do myself.
Nic Barnes

31st May 16 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://youtu.be/e5fp_Dn8izs

haven't ridden the borrow dale bash in a while, epic weather today. chain came off which was annoying on this section but a great ride out never the less.
Nic Barnes

31st May 16 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bike park lakes was awesome as usual.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Jun 16 at 06:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks awesome nic
Cole

3rd Jun 16 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had to cancel my alps trip in 5 weeks gutted
Gary
Premium Member

4th Jun 16 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turbo trainers with MTB talk to me! Anyone do it? Worth buying an extra back wheel with a road tyre on it?

richardworrall
Premium Member

4th Jun 16 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say so , it would sound horrendous with a knobbly on it

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2016 24 database queries in 0.1958160 seconds