corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kids...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kids...
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
27th Dec 15 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They really dont cost that much, not if your finantially stable BEFORE you have them
Andrew

27th Dec 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Financially we are fine, i earn ok money.

It's things such as her wanting a second cot to go in our room because she doesn't want to put him in his own room yet. Wanting another buggy as her cousin is having a baby and bought the same buggy as we already have (which cost best part of 1k). Today she wants a new sofa and to take the baby to Florida next year for Christmas.

She's not happy i wouldn't buy a sofa (because it was on sale). We don't need one...

[Edited on 27-12-2015 by Andrew]
--ToM--

27th Dec 15 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old is the baby andrew
Andrew

27th Dec 15 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 months
--ToM--

27th Dec 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Florida next year would be a total waste of money imo, my missus wants everything under the son for our lad, told her before Christmas and it took here hundreds of pounds of wasted money on today for her to finally admit on Christmas morning that she didn't realise he would be as dis interested as he was. Be the same with Florida.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 31 and ill do what i can to avoid having kids.. she wants them and is talking about it all the time.. i guess its only a matter of time before she moves out
Andrew

27th Dec 15 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will love all the lights and entertainment but he won't remember any of it. It would be more for us.

I love my son more than anything but women are even more hard work.
Stuart H

27th Dec 15 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with the Mrs 8 years. Bought a house last January , little one was here the following January. I'm 25 now.
taylorboosh

27th Dec 15 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt even be able to enjoy florida with a baby.... Holidays are shit with babies
--ToM--

27th Dec 15 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Wouldnt even be able to enjoy florida with a baby.... Holidays are shit with babies
thomson

27th Dec 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its funny to see what people think who haven't got them, you can only see what it's like when you have your own.
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you can observe your friends and see how fucked it has made them and form an opinion of your own.
Andrew

27th Dec 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:

We have Tenerife booked for March
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my little girl to bits, probably more than I've loved anyone else. But they completely transform your life. I'm 34 at the moment and she will be 11 months in a few days.

It's just a different way of living, but it is great.
taylorboosh

27th Dec 15 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sophie is 3 and has been abroad 3 times, elliot is 4 months and has been once....

I would not be going on a long haul flight, and just be prepared for a holiday where you cant go out and get pissed or spend all day chilled out at the pool
Lee_fr200

27th Dec 15 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my first when I was 29 and had my 2nd 14 weeks ago I'm 32 now!

Everything changes you don't have a lot of time for each other especially in the younger years nappies and milk cost a fortune if the missus doesn't breastfeed and then there's clothes etc etc!

But to me the positives outweigh the negatives I love my boys infact my 1st born has just gone to sleep half n hour ago cos he wasn't tired the little bugger n I'm laid next to him atm. Missus is in our bedroom asleep with the baby in the Moses basket.

We've cut back on our spending as the missus is now a stay at home mum but we still have a big 4 bed detached house and I've just ordered a new car so we aren't doing too bad, haven't been on holiday in 5 yrs though as the whole Madeleine McCann thing has put me off taking very young children abroad
kz

27th Dec 15 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't imagine being old without having my own kids around... would be horrible. Don't understand how anyone can't want that tbh. Maybe it helps that I'm a complete mummy's boy and always have been lol; if my kids love me as much as I love my mum, that'd be just an incredible feeling I think.

Without getting too deep, I do kind of think it's the meaning of being here
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was 21 when my lad was born unplanned in 2009. I hadn't been with my missus for long but we are still together now and getting married in the summer.

Had a crash course in growing up and sold everything to get my deposit to buy my first house.

Had a few good holidays abroad (not lavish expensive things) Spain, Disney Paris, Scotland, Devon/Dorset etc and I'm getting into camping now (cheap and fun!).

We have a great bunch of parent friends we met through the school that he goes to. We meet up every week outside of school at footy training and other clubs, often go round each other's houses. Spending new year with them all too.

I feel quite sad when I see my mates driving around in great performance cars, going on driving holidays, skiing, Vegas, out mountain biking or jet skiing at the weekends. But hey, it's life.

It's hideously expensive from the word go. It really is. But it's all part of it I guess! I've also noticed just how much the world has changed since I was a kid.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ShEp

27th Dec 15 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Financially we are fine, i earn ok money.

It's things such as her wanting a second cot to go in our room because she doesn't want to put him in his own room yet. Wanting another buggy as her cousin is having a baby and bought the same buggy as we already have (which cost best part of 1k). Today she wants a new sofa and to take the baby to Florida next year for Christmas.

She's not happy i wouldn't buy a sofa (because it was on sale). We don't need one...

[Edited on 27-12-2015 by Andrew]

noshua

27th Dec 15 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not willy waving but I've been twice with young kids, a few years ago when we only had my little girl who was 2 ish. And then last year when my lad was about 9 months. Been florida quite a few times tho so did all the rides n slides before kids. Luckily both times we went whilst having kids my parents n bro/sis were there so had people to watch after them why we went on rides
big eck

27th Dec 15 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was 38 when I had my first and only. When people say that theyre not that expensive they're a fucking liar

Fair enough, the first few months ain't bad as you'll get a shed load of gifts from family and friends which ranges from nappies, all the creams etc to clothing. It's when you have to go back to work and pay for childcare that's when it gets mega expensive. We didn't want to rely on family to look after her (that wasn't an option anyways) so looked at nurseries and private child carers. In the end nurseries were the way we decided to go as its brilliant for there development. It's seriously expensive tho. We pay £800 a month mon - fri/8am till 6pm and that's with a discount. That's basically a second mortgage. Fuck knows how people with more than 1 kid can afford it.
big eck

27th Dec 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What a load of bollocks
big eck

27th Dec 15 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I love my little girl to bits, probably more than I've loved anyone else. But they completely transform your life. I'm 34 at the moment and she will be 11 months in a few days.

It's just a different way of living, but it is great.

Totally this
--ToM--

27th Dec 15 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best of "splitting" up with the missus, residing at a different address (parents)? Only on paper obviously still live at home. Then she can get £1500 a month benefits including free childcare and work upto 16 hours a week for more pocket money.

We don't suffer too much with childcare, she's gone back to work 3 days a week, my mum has him one day, nursery another and the 3rd day is a Saturday when I'm off so I have him all day, keeps the cost down, financially not too much of a dent as her wage was shit before we had the baby so dropping two days a week hasn't made it massively shitter.

[Edited on 27-12-2015 by --ToM--]
taylorboosh

28th Dec 15 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

What a load of bollocks

Its not though, 2 weeks in florida with a child still napping/on bottles/in nappies would be a right ball ache...

Having family there to share the burden would help but otherwise it would be a nightmare

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kids... 23 database queries in 0.1907809 seconds