corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVS
XE Col
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Nov 15 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS confirmed 12th June
Tickets on sale
Generation

8th Dec 15 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook groups taking payment already.

Says on sale this friday
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 15 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Race to get space again by the looks of it
Generation

8th Dec 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, can't say it's not expected this time.

So if people on here don't pay up now; they can shove their moaning up their Arse in June
Ian W

8th Dec 15 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you going to try and organise a CS stand again this year?
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 15 at 02:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meeting with Will and the other staff at the weekend to hatch a plan, definitely on the calendar but we'll need to sort our shit out to make sure we're not left in the situation we were in this year.

Basically its going to involve members paying up quickly, loads of rushing around for very little reason, no reason at all why it needs to be a competition for space but hey ho, those are the parameters in which we work now.

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by Ian]
Ian W

9th Dec 15 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll keep an eye out for the thread then I'm up for giving PVS another go next year
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd happily fuck the show off based on dealing with the organisers, however, its not my decision.

All the feedback I heard from clubs/members/vboa was the show was a total sham in 2015.

Also Kelsey publishing's ability to organise things other than shows is considered quite poor, its surprising they manage to get any magezines int shops every month

Obviously these are views of my own
Ian W

9th Dec 15 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get the numbers that want to go to PVS to go to Billing
sxibeast

9th Dec 15 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
All the feedback I heard from clubs/members/vboa was the show was a total sham in 2015.

'Piss up' and 'brewery' spring to mind.

Not to mention some of the staff working there who were just sending all the cars into 1 area

Bellend staff - Yeah your stands over there mate!

Me - Not its not, its over there behind you.

Bellend staff - No, its definitely where i said.

Me - There's a big flag and sign with the group name on behind you. I just need to drive over there (10 metres away).

Bellend staff - You're blocking the road, get out the way. You're not going over there. Find another stand to go on.

Hopefully the staff will be better informed next year. :/

VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was there not a proper stand this year then? What was the fuck up?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The staff who man the event, the ones who direct cars and that are usually a firm that do it as their business and are separate from the organisers that organise the show. They are normally well informed but are working on the information they are given, i.e. the map of the site so not sure what happened this year as I didnt even bother to go (as CS wasnt going obvs)
willay
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Was there not a proper stand this year then? What was the fuck up?

CS didn't go in any official capacity this year, because after I spent all my free time (well some of it...) collecting funds off members, collecting the details to go with the funds and putting into one nice big fat order (as I've been doing for about 8 years) at the deadline date I was told that there was no tickets left and they couldnt sell me any.

The official reason was they ran out of space, there was physically no space left at Santa Pod.

Which leads me to believe that in the past Future Publishing possibly held back tickets for the 'bigger' clubs so when I put my order in for 100 cars there wasn't an issue, ever, and we got a prime spot because we put on a sick show imo.

Lucky for me/us/whoever 2015 wasn't one of our biggest years and all I had to refund about 45 transactions which would of been about over 50 cars.

willay
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm abit bitter over it all even though I was pretty chuffed not to be going PVS this year, much better shows to go to like Castle Combe and Trax.

What really urks me is the unwillingness to work with clubs, the system they have in place for clubs to get stands at the shows is pretty crap and with some simple tingz they could make it really easy for us.

I'm not saying club stands make the show, but to me a large portion of the show (and most car shows for that matter?) are made up of clubs coming down and showing off their cars.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone want a white corsa E vxr performance pack on the stand
willay
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just the performance pack?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbon pack
willay
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ball sack
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 15 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Need to get the numbers that want to go to PVS to go to Billing

That would be ideal but they don't come over, probably due to VBOA silly rules about needing to pay for membership just to be there which makes the tickets effectively twice as expensive.

Billing is a far nicer show though especially if you're there at night.
Kev_GSI

9th Dec 15 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the VBOA have fucked billing up this year been massive kick offs over camping and hotels as they moved dates and the place is already booked
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 15 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to say I'm not aware of any massive kicks offs, you've done well to be organised enough to have stuff already booked for an event in July, did you sort it after the last show?

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by Ian]
--ToM--

9th Dec 15 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit show full of arse holes imo
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be there again hopefully, won't be booking up until closer the time bloody stupid paying up in December ready for the following year.
I'll sneak onto a clubstand somewhere like I did this year. Found plenty of space and people flogging spare tickets.

Will be a shame to not show with CS but the organisers at PVS have made it so difficult and wouldn't blame you if you decided not to bother with the hassle.

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Generation

9th Dec 15 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last few years I've been PCs has been so different.

Just seems loads of people there looking for trouble, angry because they're hungover or just pricks. Seems to be getting worse every year; and sick of seeing he same cars constantly.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least it doesn't clash with Oulton this year...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS 23 database queries in 0.1855531 seconds