corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bentley Continental GT Convertible for the weekend

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bentley Continental GT Convertible for the weekend
Rob E

User status: Offline
15th Oct 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a modern wet clutch ZF auto gear box, its a lot more advanced than your typical hydraulic box. BMW and land rover use it a lot too. It changes gear in milliseconds
karisma_corsa

15th Oct 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place I used to work at made the inserts for each side of the dashboard.

Symmetry is easy on the eye and often said to be more attractive
Ronson

16th Oct 15 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A colleagues brother works for Bentley, apparently you have to pass an extremely hard Bentley driving test before they consider letting you drive one.

Not surprised when they make them 520 bhp
Rob E

18th Oct 15 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by karisma_corsa
Place I used to work at made the inserts for each side of the dashboard.

Symmetry is easy on the eye and often said to be more attractive

The aluminium substrate parts? Did you guys used to do the brushed aluminium finished ones?
Rob E

18th Oct 15 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
A colleagues brother works for Bentley, apparently you have to pass an extremely hard Bentley driving test before they consider letting you drive one.

I had to do a medical and two driving tests before I was allowed to drive one on the roads. After the two tests you then have to still do a couple of hundred "assisted miles" where someone else who is already qualified to drive.

There are further tests to drive prototype driving and an even further test for high speed which are supposedly pretty tough. Won't apply for my job role though but I'd love to have a crack at them if I get the chance
antnee

18th Oct 15 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson

A colleague of mine worked for them in the past, (I'm sure Rob will confirm) but he said part of the test you have to understand what the motorists around you are doing as they may be looking at the Bentley so you extra aware.
Rob E

18th Oct 15 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True. The test also takes place on the narrow Cheshire lanes around the HQ. When I did mine, I was driving a LHD mulsanne, which is like the Titanic! I was bricking it driving that around the back lanes, especially with the wheel on the wrong side!

Driving one is quite wierd due to the way almost everyone reacts. Everyone just stops and stares or just turn their nose up at you, they never let you out of junctions etc.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bentley Continental GT Convertible for the weekend 22 database queries in 0.0087459 seconds