corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
16th Sep 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to notice in a dealer ship parts department all sorts of invoices from eurocarparts, so them buying parts in from eurocarparts?

Is that unusual? Reminds me of when i bought clutch kits, got one from VW about £260, then a few years later bought one from eurocarparts, about £100-£120, both items identical Sachs parts, same box and packaging.
DaveyLC

16th Sep 15 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Euros stock lots of OEM items.
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably for trade in sales cars?
3CorsaMeal

16th Sep 15 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, pretty sure they were parts for cars they are working on.

I only went to get some oil, when it turned up i instantly knew it was the stuff i had been looking at online for cheaper
sxibeast

16th Sep 15 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local Peugeot dealership gives you the option of Eurocarparts stuff or genuine parts. Apart from drop links, i just use the eurocarparts stuff. No extra charge and we get the invoice to show cost to show they aren't adding a bit extra on top.
DaveyLC

16th Sep 15 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Yeah, pretty sure they were parts for cars they are working on.

I only went to get some oil, when it turned up i instantly knew it was the stuff i had been looking at online for cheaper

All OEM parts are over-priced at the dealership, that's how they make money in the parts debt.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This all needs regulating to be honest. Always had an issue with the prices dealers charge for parts. Not everyone is savvy enough to know you can get the same bits online, its almost verging on a con targetting the unwary.

[Edited on 16-09-2015 by Steve]
DaveyLC

16th Sep 15 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Editted
ShEp

16th Sep 15 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL Lots of people with all sorts of makes use main dealers, main dealers cannot just get a pattern part from euro and flog it at main dealer prices it doesn't and can't work like that.

You are buying inferior quality parts buying them from motor factors, weather both clutches are made by the same company or not.

Steve you're just a typical internet retard, nobody can tell you or educate you on anything as you can quickly Google it and claim to already know, so I probably won't even get into it with you.
DaveyLC

16th Sep 15 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The proper OEM stuff is normally made to a higher standard, the OEM Suppliers can be held accountable for failures so they either 'make them better' or just charge more and take the gamble
Dave

16th Sep 15 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bollocks. Are you telling me, for example, a Continental timing belt from Audi is better quality than a Continental belt from ECP?

Granted there are pattern parts that could be inferior but if you do your homework you'll be buying exactly the same part in a different box.
tom130691
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still under the impression most of the pattern parts such as the above clutch example are made from old OEM tooling, with lower material props or the tools are now out of service life and slightly out of the OEM quality controls,

Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anger levels 8.5 in here
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was out of 10 btw, same scale IMDB uses.
ShEp

16th Sep 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
Im still under the impression most of the pattern parts such as the above clutch example are made from old OEM tooling, with lower material props or the tools are now out of service life and slightly out of the OEM quality controls,

You're right, quality control is much more stringent on OEM stuff.

and Dave, you buy and fit a continental belt from ECP if it snaps, they will happily replace the belt, who deals with the engine problems from the aforementioned snapped belt? Not continental, Have a belt fitted at the dealers and who deals with the problems then...?

You're all blind sided by the likes of Steve sitting at home in their pants comparing parts numbers on the internet, Yes the part number is the same, but the quality isn't.

It really doesn't put me up nor down though, if you're happier spending less then you do what you feel is right. But don't tell me that I'm wrong, when I know I'm not
ShEp

16th Sep 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Anger levels 8.5 in here

8.5 is just about your IQ without the use of Google.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive found this doing stuff on the megane. Renault wont sell you ball joints for the 225/r26 but need a whole bottom arm at £150

Find an espace ball joint and it will press and and out for the grand sum of £5 each side.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

You're right, quality control is much more stringent on OEM stuff.

and Dave, you buy and fit a continental belt from ECP if it snaps, they will happily replace the belt, who deals with the engine problems from the aforementioned snapped belt? Not continental, Have a belt fitted at the dealers and who deals with the problems then...?

You're all blind sided by the likes of Steve sitting at home in their pants comparing parts numbers on the internet, Yes the part number is the same, but the quality isn't.

It really doesn't put me up nor down though, if you're happier spending less then you do what you feel is right. But don't tell me that I'm wrong, when I know I'm not

They are the same. If a company makes the part they arnt going to have another tooling mech to sell to another arm it wouldnt be cost effective at all. Its the same product boxed differently patten parts are different though.

A TRW drop link from Audi would be the same a TRW drop link from GSF
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 15 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naive people in here
gazza808

16th Sep 15 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked in quite a few factories producing car parts, from shock absorbers (kyb to name kne brand) to hubs, to drive shafts and cv joints.

And I can tell you for a fact alot of parts come off the same machine same person operating it same material just goes to a different suppliers, you even notice on some parts from the likes of gsf the oe part number has been ground off after manufacturing.

Ps so shep your wrong

[Edited on 16-09-2015 by gazza808]
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a pie factory near me. Make meals. Some get boxed as cheap brands, others as marks and spencer finest. Exact same product. If you ate the one in the posh company box you would say it tastes better. It doesn't, it's the same.

Same applies here as it does to the pie factory.
3CorsaMeal

16th Sep 15 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't fit a pie to my car. No matter what box it came in.
ShEp

16th Sep 15 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so GSF hire a man on a grinder to grind off part numbers,

[Edited on 16-09-2015 by ShEp]
Joe

16th Sep 15 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had many sensors come from euro that are exactly the same as the Vauxhall one I've just taken off, just with a ground off bit where the part number should be. Even had genuine parts sent from them a couple of times in the original GM box.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts 22 database queries in 0.1052959 seconds