corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
16th Sep 15 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will all be made in fuckin China anyway.
gazza808

16th Sep 15 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
so GSF hire a man on a grinder to grind off part numbers,

[Edited on 16-09-2015 by ShEp]

Is that all you can say about the fact your wrong,

I've seen the parts coming off the lines with my own eyes,
Built/maintained/installed some of the machines on the lines (hence me being there)

it's well documented all over car forums about the identical parts with part numbers ground off.

Gsf or the supplier may do it I'm not a private investigator and honestly don't care.

you honestly have no idea.

Take the blinkers off.
Or pay main dealer prices for everything,
I honestly don't care lol.

Probably the same sort of person who believes a service is better at a dealer rather than an independent garage at half the price.

Dave

16th Sep 15 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Cambelt tensioner for my old S3, you could see where the Audi logo that was cast into the casing had been machined off. It's not hard to imagine that one lot goes off to Audi, the other has the logo machined off and goes to motor factors.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Sep 15 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local Ford Indy quoted me £78 + vat for an 02 sensor for a Focus from ECP. Was proper pissed when I told him I could get the same (Bosch) sensor via click and collect with a discount code for £78 all in. Called them up to rant and they told him his trade account is what pays the boys wages and that Joe Bloggs prices are always cheaper than trade when doing it click and collect with a discount code.
ShEp

16th Sep 15 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:

Is that all you can say about the fact your wrong,

I've seen the parts coming off the lines with my own eyes,
Built/maintained/installed some of the machines on the lines (hence me being there)

it's well documented all over car forums about the identical parts with part numbers ground off.

Gsf or the supplier may do it I'm not a private investigator and honestly don't care.

you honestly have no idea.

Take the blinkers off.
Or pay main dealer prices for everything,
I honestly don't care lol.

Probably the same sort of person who believes a service is better at a dealer rather than an independent garage at half the price.

Quite the contrary considering I run an Independent garage
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
16th Sep 15 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of local dealers use us, much less hassle than the know it all weekend mechanics and most of them pass on the savings to the customer, quoting somewhere between aftermarket and oem prices.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No. The OE supplier produces 100 parts, 100 come off the production line with Audi part numbers. 60 go in Audi boxes with those part numbers on, 40 go in zf/lemforder/Bosch/whatever boxes with the part numbers removed, it's all done as they're packaged.

Some OE suppliers (Mann filters for example) produce he same part for motor factors in a Mann box as they do for Mercedes in a Mercedes box but don't stamp it with a Mercedes part number.

The Mercedes one will have hu711/1x printed on it and so will the Mann boxed one, he only difference is the Mercedes one has a logo on, the Mann one doesn't. Other than that they are identical.
gazza808

16th Sep 15 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another prime example is vag sump sealant...

You can buy the vag branded tube in a nice silver box for 13quid

Or you can use dirko branded tube and box for 5 quid.

Both exactly the same. Same factory same line different packaging.

Tps even told me to go buy dirko!

So what makes the vag branded one any better?
--ToM--

16th Sep 15 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Dirko on my vxr timing case when I did my chains.

Best sealant in the world ever.
3CorsaMeal

16th Sep 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder how much a corsa vxr would be from ECP. If they ground all the badges off etc.
Mattb

16th Sep 15 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The biggest problem with main dealer parts prices is greedy manufacturers.

Prices are dictated to us by Audi, they no doubt pay the same price for stuff as all the parts suppliers throughout the country, maybe less.

I work for a main dealer, and i wont buy parts through our parts department, for the reasons already discussed. The only thing extra you get for your money at a main dealer is a warranty that covers both parts and labour.
Although im sure that most are unaware that if a part fails you are entitled to have any consequencial damage rectified and labour covered too wherever you buy parts from.

Going back to the original post, we wouldnt normally have stuff from euros etc unless its for a non franchised trade in
Jimbothebarbarian

16th Sep 15 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't usually comment on this kind of thing, but..

I used to work for Pirelli and as others have said parts are made by the same person on the same machine.

My job used to be checking stuff on various fancy machines. The best ones are sent off as OE equipment then the ones with minor abnormalities are sent off for your kwikfit ant the like. Then the shitest stuff goes off to discount places.

So yes in some cases parts come from the same place but quality can vary significantly.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 15 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
buy and fit a continental belt from ECP if it snaps, they will happily replace the belt,

Have a belt fitted at the dealers and who deals with the problems then...?

the part number is the same, but the quality isn't.

The part would be identical? If you pay them to fit then you have more comeback but I can also guarantee that if you took it home and fitted it yourself, you'd be told to do one by both the factors and the main dealer.

quote:

Yes.

Edit - not GSF but still yes.

[Edited on 17-09-2015 by Ian]
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Sep 15 at 06:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
Im still under the impression most of the pattern parts such as the above clutch example are made from old OEM tooling, with lower material props or the tools are now out of service life and slightly out of the OEM quality controls,

You're right, quality control is much more stringent on OEM stuff.

and Dave, you buy and fit a continental belt from ECP if it snaps, they will happily replace the belt, who deals with the engine problems from the aforementioned snapped belt? Not continental, Have a belt fitted at the dealers and who deals with the problems then...?

You're all blind sided by the likes of Steve sitting at home in their pants comparing parts numbers on the internet, Yes the part number is the same, but the quality isn't.

It really doesn't put me up nor down though, if you're happier spending less then you do what you feel is right. But don't tell me that I'm wrong, when I know I'm not

They are the same. If a company makes the part they arnt going to have another tooling mech to sell to another arm it wouldnt be cost effective at all. Its the same product boxed differently patten parts are different though.

A TRW drop link from Audi would be the same a TRW drop link from GSF

Agree they can come off the same line but the OEM parts will be checked to a higher standard, say 1000 parts come off the line and is say 50 of them are 0.5mm out of spec in one area, he OEM wont take them, I doubt they will be scrapped they will go to the likes of GSF ect

yes some parts at gsf will be the same quality as OEM but there is no guarantee of that..
Robin
Premium Member

17th Sep 15 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not true either
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Sep 15 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow people are stupid!!

Nic Barnes

17th Sep 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of shit pmsl
Nic Barnes

17th Sep 15 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to safety check seatbelt pre-tensioners for Aston martins. I also used to test them for Vauxhall, as it was the same part used. Nowhere on production or checkin was it known who it was for. It was after that they got designated to whatever order.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 15 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it's just cheaper for euro car parts to hold the stock of parts than it is the dealers? I'd have thought that's the reason behind it
MikeF86

17th Sep 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dealer margins are set by the manufacturer. We have targets to meet for purchasing/selling and figures we are expected to hit also. Hence, the higher price.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Sep 15 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically nothing to do with quality.
MikeF86

18th Sep 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On some items. Exhausts arena big one, cheap middle pipes etc are usually a shit fit/finish
DaveyLC

18th Sep 15 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still believe the quality of tooling and materials can vary from one manufacturer depending on the customer.

To be an OEM supplier the vehicle manufacturers will clearly demand much higher quality control and much finer tolerances as they need to honour a warranty on the car and its components.

If you are buying aftermarket on a tight budget you generally don't give a shit.

You can even see on the Euros site they offer premium versions of parts from the same supplier so there is clearly a difference.
Benn

14th Oct 15 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every dealer buy motor factor parts.

One of my places bigger spending customers in the Ford deal. They buy everything from us.

Love our cheap oil.
Jack-

14th Oct 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts from eurocarparts go on sales cars or non franchise cars

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealers buying parts from Eurocarparts 22 database queries in 0.1165881 seconds