corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drink driving and Camper vans..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drink driving and Camper vans..
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 15 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a few mates camped out the other month at a MTB event. Was a good laugh and we got pretty pished. We also saw alot of folk in various levels of camper vans.

This got me thinking, theoretically if I rocked up to a trail centre carpark the night before a ride, parked up and cooked myself some supper put a DVD on and had a few stellas. Could I get done for drink driving?

The reason I ask is we've all read and heard of cases of the police who have done people who being fully aware they've had one too many and opted to kip in their car but got done anyway.

Opinions/thoughts?
DaveyLC

3rd Sep 15 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you just need to show that you have no intention of driving, i.e. the keys are away somewhere (not in the ignition or in your pocket) and you have a valid reason to be stopped over.
DaveyLC

3rd Sep 15 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..Oh and clearly if a copper was to be a c**t about it and you took it to court being able to show you were laying in bed watching TV in the back of your camper rather than sat in the drivers seat of a car with the engine running is a pretty valid excuse
Jimbothebarbarian

3rd Sep 15 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
..Oh and clearly if a copper was to be a c**t about it and you took it to court being able to show you were laying in bed watching TV in the back of your camper rather than sat in the drivers seat of a car with the engine running is a pretty valid excuse

But I know of people getting done even when they've tried to do the right thing and opt to kip in the back of the car. I just wondered if it was different if you had a camper. I like a beer on my days off and as we go out on our days off the idea of going the night before is like a win win for me. Still have a few and still go out the next day on the bike.

I should add though this isn't totally about me being an alcoholic! The new drink driving limit in jockland make it a bit of a risk north of the border.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Sep 15 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a mate who is a lawyer and if he is out on the piss and has to go back to car to get something, he always makes a point of using the passenger door and never the drivers door.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but yet he is out on the piss with his car ......

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
pow
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed at an ex's once (I know ) and after getting half cut at a family BBQ ventured outside to my car (parked on a side street) to get my overnight bag out . A copper came along and told me if I was to open the car door (as the bag was in the back seat) and not the boot he could do me for drink driving. So I gave the keys to him and asked him to remove everything out the car I wanted. Then I took his shoulder number
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1539168&mid=331027&nmt=Drink+%2F+Drive+Position+%2D+Motorhome+in+Pub+Car+Park
Jimbothebarbarian

3rd Sep 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1539168&mid=331027&nmt=Drink+%2F+Drive+Position+%2D+Motorhome+in+Pub+Car+Park

Fascinating read that. Read the thread that was linked about the jock traffic police rocking up to a VW meeting where they're all camping with poptops up camping gear out having bbq's and beer and tried to do them all for drunk in charge! I can only say it seems a bit of a grey area to say the least.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had any problems getting ratted on the continent with the camper

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drink driving and Camper vans.. 23 database queries in 0.0134969 seconds