corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay Bullsh*t

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay Bullsh*t
Neo

User status: Offline
11th Aug 15 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hate eBay, probably sold 200 items on there in the last year and had probably 30 total numptys

Today's is no exception. Sold some part worn tyres, were practically brand new however came on my car when I bought it and were some total shit Chinese brand. Sold for stupidly low money, think after posge I got about 12 quid. Wasn't too fussed as I wasn't ever going to use them.

So now 2 weeks on he says he's been to have them fitted and the fitter won't as they are apparently cracked, damaged and obviously heavily worn. Now he's demanding a full refund including postage and to cover his postage cost to return them. Queue Rediculous dispute demanding xyz.

I've asked "please show photos of the apparent cracks and damage". Hes now replied 4 times and each time says "you're not a professional, I won't show you photos".

Fucking numpty. I think he's gone to have them fitted, the fitter has said they are a no name brand and now he's trying it on. Total knobcheese.

[/rant]
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 15 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What brand are they out of interest? And what age?
Neo

11th Aug 15 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BCT and dunno exactly, took them off my car couple of months ago, probably only a few months old before I took them off. Worst case scenario they are now 13 months old at the longest.

I went over them the day before I shipped them and there were no cracks/marks or anything on them. they still had the little spikey bits on them.
Dee25790

11th Aug 15 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put dog shit in a box and send it to him. Unrecorded, unsigned for, will help to cover you traces. Won't help the dispute but will relieve some frustration
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Aug 15 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gone are the days of easy eBay sales. I use it to buy stuff only now as it's too much hassle as a seller. Full of chancers.
Neo

11th Aug 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it goes well it's been fine, you can tell when people are going to be a pain, asking stupid questions or making a first offer of £15 on something at £150. This guy asked for loads of photos and asked about 10 questions even though everything was in the eBay ad.

However much I bitch about eBay I'll keep using it, gumtree is a waste of time and Facebook groups are full of dreamers wanting to pay £10 for a ps4, 50" Tele and half an hour on your missus.
Brett
Premium Member

11th Aug 15 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buyer always ends up winning a dispute. You'll end up losing what it cost you to post too.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Aug 15 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been selling the budget tyres off my golf, as I put something decent on.

I was only wiling to let people pick them up due to this very issue coming up. Still get loads of messages asking me to post them though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

11th Aug 15 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exactly why I don't sell anything on ebay anymore. Not worth the grief. I'd go fucking apeshit Balboa.

Ask him to send you a photo of the 4 digit date stamp on the sidewall. Should not be cracking if they're only 13 months old, unless they've been under a UV light all that time.
Bonney

11th Aug 15 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I've been selling the budget tyres off my golf, as I put something decent on.

I was only wiling to let people pick them up due to this very issue coming up. Still get loads of messages asking me to post them though.

Exactly why I put everything I sell on there as collection only.

Can actually show the person who is buying them the faults and what is what and if they are happy they take it away, think out of the last 10 items I have listed on there as collection only every one has walked away pleased with what they have got with no comebacks.
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 15 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Should not be cracking if they're only 13 months old, unless they've been under a UV light all that time.

cheap Chinese, it's very common.
Ben G

11th Aug 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had shoddy nangkangs on and they didn't crack. They were a very hard compound though, judging by the lack of wear and grip.
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nankang are probably slightly more towards the middle of the budget Chinese stuff really.

Bct, yellowsea sunew etc, awful for cracking. Even after a few months. just crap tbh.
--ToM--

11th Aug 15 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find contis crack like fuck the amount of cars come in for mot with them on and there split to shit
3CorsaMeal

11th Aug 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one that has had the same tyres for over a year is a poof imo. May as well get the bus.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Aug 15 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have BCT's on my daily ... they are cheap but I find they are better than the Yokohama Prada Spec II that I used to use. Dry grip is similar but wet grip is 100% better

Had them on for about 10 months .... no sign of cracking yet

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Ben G

12th Aug 15 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me more about your designer tyres...

[Edited on 12-08-2015 by Ben G]
P1CK4D

12th Aug 15 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just had a shitty dispute with a guy off ebay where I was the seller. And Paypal favoured me and I didnt lose a penny. I'd advise giving them a call and speak to a real human at Paypal.
sxibeast

12th Aug 15 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had this issue selling tyres before. Bloke bought near enough bald tyres, advert said they weren't road legal, puts them on car he's trying to flog cheap and can't get an MOT because the tyres are knackered.

Asks for full refund and petrol costs to cover him bringing them back! Got told to swiftly do one and said where he make like to stick his new bald tyres.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Aug 15 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it with tyres as well.

I think the main problem is that if you're buying part worns on the internet, its because you're too cheap to buy new but expect too much to go to a part worn place.
Neo

12th Aug 15 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
I just had a shitty dispute with a guy off ebay where I was the seller. And Paypal favoured me and I didnt lose a penny. I'd advise giving them a call and speak to a real human at Paypal.

will do
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Aug 15 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Any one that has had the same tyres for over a year is a poof imo. May as well get the bus.

Do you enjoy your gay bus rides?
Neo

12th Aug 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like he's see sense

Did a quick google on him and found he has had an Evo 6 and a 330d msport in the last couple of years.

Funny how he's claiming to have no knowledge of cars...
Nic Barnes

12th Aug 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a lot of, if not most, people on here that have bought cars yet have zero knowledge or common sense when it comes to vehicle basics.
Ellis

13th Aug 15 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many people buy cars without knowledge of them. Applies to other items too. I bought some shoes at the weekend. Didn't know that much about them but they do fit over my feet.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay Bullsh*t 23 database queries in 0.1051371 seconds