corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mazda 3 MPS Aero In Pearl White. ***SOLD***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mazda 3 MPS Aero In Pearl White. ***SOLD***
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jul 15 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So with the mini sold and some money burning a hole in my pocket I bought myself a new car
Was looking at these before the mini. And about a year into owning the mini but never bought one.
Glad I did though. Lovely car. Nice to drive. Not too harsh suspension on it either. And to be fair it's pretty damn quick.

38k on the clock. Full Mazda service history including the 3k service.
All mot's present and accounted for
No rattles
No smoke
No knocks
No bangs
Pulls like a train
Comes with a cork sport SRI fitted and came with the standard air box in the boot
Just had the abs pump replaced at Mazda
Pearl white with a full aero kit paint work in really really good condition. No scratches or dents anywhere.
Slight leak from the rocker box but that's no issue what so ever. And the front wheel baring has a slight groan at about 60mph onwards.

Couple of the dealership photos.

Will be staying like this for a few months while I get some money saved up for it. Then I'll start going at it

[Edited on 10-07-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 21-11-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 22-11-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 02-12-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 16-12-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 17-01-2016 by FlaFFy_91]

[Edited on 15-02-2016 by FlaFFy_91]
BeetleGav

10th Jul 15 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought from the dodgiest garage known! I haven't read the thread yet. Just thought I'd say that first
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Bought from the dodgiest garage known! I haven't read the thread yet. Just thought I'd say that first

Haha apparently so.
See the general chat thread for deets
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gav

Flaffy, you should get your own pics done sharpish so you don't get the generic CP BS from wankers like me every time you post ha

As said, it is lovely looking tho.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Gav

Flaffy, you should get your own pics done sharpish so you don't get the generic CP BS from wankers like me every time you post ha

As said, it is lovely looking tho.

Haha I'll get some tonight when I clean it and get these ones taken down
corsajay88

10th Jul 15 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate works there, id get rid tbh
BeetleGav

10th Jul 15 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

least your honest Brett!

Does look a nice motor, I thought these had a bonnet vent though?

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
least your honest Brett!

Does look a nice motor, I thought these had a bonnet vent though?

Mk2 does
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't even notice the bonnet but how he's mentioned it I want you to put it on there lol will one swap over?

To think you only bought this from not so far away, could've met up for a kiss n a cuddle
CORSA NUT

10th Jul 15 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always loved these...rare in white too

Garage though
--ToM--

10th Jul 15 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad local to me had a white one, went well, he claimed 400bhp, deffo lying, still went well though and looked the nuts, here's hoping it's not a non declared write off that's been repaired on the hush hush like that dealership normally sell lol
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Lad local to me had a white one, went well, he claimed 400bhp, deffo lying, still went well though and looked the nuts, here's hoping it's not a non declared write off that's been repaired on the hush hush like that dealership normally sell lol

400 is doable in them, takes a lot of work though. David hastie has just gone 400/400 on standard internals. So it's doable.
I've had the bumper off today in work to check the front members and everything and it seems ok. Everyone's got me on the paranoid now so I'm not leaving anything to chance.

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Always loved these...rare in white too

Garage though

Don't see a lot of white ones that's why I went for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I didn't even notice the bonnet but how he's mentioned it I want you to put it on there lol will one swap over?

To think you only bought this from not so far away, could've met up for a kiss n a cuddle

I've never seen a mk1 with a scoop. But there's always a first

When It falls to pieces and I go back to petrol bomb the place we can have a snuggle don't worry
--ToM--

10th Jul 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I know it's do able mate just this lad liked to talk wet? My cav handed his arse to him at 280bhp lol, his was white, bloody lovely, I hope you don't find anything mate and it's a good motor I look forward to seeing what u do with it if the mini is anything to go by it'll be lovely
LukesCorsaSXi

11th Jul 15 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a mate with one of these, I regularly attend Jap shows in it. I love it, goes so well too! Good upgrade IMO
Graham88

11th Jul 15 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great cars. You'll enjoy this car

I think Lee tagged me in your pictures on Facebook, but I couldn't comment
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Jul 15 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Great cars. You'll enjoy this car

I think Lee tagged me in your pictures on Facebook, but I couldn't comment

Thanks buddy. Yer he did. Probably can't comment because we're not friends on there. I'll add you now
Looking forward to starting work on it

flybikeslee

13th Jul 15 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car fwennnnnnnnnnnd

like these, considered one before the Octavia but tax put me off. hard pill to swallow even for a month on the black s2000 i had.

wheels and coils first?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jul 15 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
car fwennnnnnnnnnnd

like these, considered one before the Octavia but tax put me off. hard pill to swallow even for a month on the black s2000 i had.

wheels and coils first?

Meh, pay it monthly it's like £43 a month. Same as my insurance. Doesn't bother me to be fair.

Few little bits first to take care of. Wheel baring is abit noisy so that will be done. Pair of rear drop links. Turbo feed restrictor banjo. Forge v2 recirc because there's a boss group buy on ATM and I'd be daft to miss out.

Probably keep the wheels for a fair while. Quite like them tbh. Get them powder coated gunmetal grey or white I think. Not a fan of black wheels atall. They will be changed eventually though.
Probably go for coils, although it's not going that low tbh. Discs pads fluid and braided hoses. Decent set of tyres. Then start looking at power bits.
Dee25790

13th Jul 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do you use for your powder coating?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jul 15 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Who do you use for your powder coating?

A1 powder coating in bootle is suppost to be top notch. My mate Dave owns a powder coating place near Nantwich so he might be doing them for me
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't use a1.. My uncle powder coated some gear that had been blasted there. it was awful. Really half arsed.

My uncle is elite engineering in aintree on heysham road. He does lots of work saving and refurbishing bike and car parts.

I'm not saying to use them btw makes no difference to me just saying that they're there as I saw you're in formby haha

Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want any interior work doing btw the place next door is called seamline automotive and they're shit hot
bigron1988

14th Jul 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A1 are toss , use tilling up by tarleton mate there boss done everyone's wheels round here
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Don't use a1.. My uncle powder coated some gear that had been blasted there. it was awful. Really half arsed.

My uncle is elite engineering in aintree on heysham road. He does lots of work saving and refurbishing bike and car parts.

I'm not saying to use them btw makes no difference to me just saying that they're there as I saw you're in formby haha

quote:
If you want any interior work doing btw the place next door is called seamline automotive and they're shit hot

Thanks mate. I know seamline are cracking.
Interior would always go to inspire automotive though. He's the mutts nuts and he's cheap too haha.

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
A1 are toss , use tilling up by tarleton mate there boss done everyone's wheels round here

I had some bike frames and stuff done a while back and it was shite. Then lee and gaz told me they went good. Didn't know they had gone shite again haha
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyways. A bit of progress.
Cleaned it the other day. Nothing special. Couple of pictures

Read drop links had abit of a rattle over small bumps. Nothing major just enough to annoy me So I replaced them
Old vs new

Nice and quiet now
This weekend I'm working so I will probably just give it another quick clean, go into detail around the grills and lights to get some of the grime out of it and also debadge it if there's time.

As I said above, forge v2 recirc valve is on order as part of a group buy. Won't be here until next month though
And a turbo oil restrictor banjo bolt is on the way to me aswell
Pics this weekend probably.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mazda 3 MPS Aero In Pearl White. ***SOLD*** 23 database queries in 0.1927881 seconds