corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Spam

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spam
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
16th Dec 15 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the bt box just need to finish doing the aerial in the loft to get reception.

Yeah router is behind tv. Had upload speed before of 262mb/sec which ain't bad. Will run full speed once I've sent the direct debit form back.

Time for a Chinese then bed.
Nic Barnes

16th Dec 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bed made, looks well tbh. Dressing table was missing a piece so not constructed and there are wardrobes to sort yet. Should have the room finished soon and tidied up.
Marc

16th Dec 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/muppetsport/house/3F79F1E3-E848-4D4E-B798-362B9D93E693_zpszfkzq8og.jpg

Halifax sent a parcel. Very nice of them. That's who the mortgage is through. I bank with them also, and they had the best rates.

I got this too.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Dec 15 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
that plug/socket looks fucking terrible

It'll be behind the TV (unless talking about the one near the fire), so you won't see it. Tbh, the VDSL ("fibre") modem/router would be better somewhere a bit more central to the house for WiFi coverage but at least it's out the way and not in the hallway on show like most builds.

Nic - Freeview PVR functions + standalone on-demand services should continue to work on BT Youview boxes without a subscription; you just lose the BT subscription channels and BT on-demand services.
You can always buy BT branded boxes off eBay/Gumtree for little money (the unbranded Humax boxes hold there value unfortunately), you just have to put up with the BT branded GUI/tv guide etc.

the fire ones,

i'd be fitting a red socket plate, plug and wire if it was me
Nic Barnes

16th Dec 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's how it came. It doesn't fill me full of rage so I'm ok about it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Dec 15 at 05:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should do though
Nic Barnes

17th Dec 15 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way to tidy cables up behind a tv stand? Zip tie together and try and hide the spare coils?
--ToM--

17th Dec 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zip tie em and route them behind the stand leg or backing where it can't be seen, then stand back and admire whilst ironing your curtains.
Dom

17th Dec 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd either use reusable zip ties or velcro straps/ties, saves a lot of hassle when you need to add cabling. Otherwise just coil them up (either behind the stand or tv; tie the coils to the TV if you can) and route them down the tv stand so they aren't visible.

Good excuse to think about mounting the TV on a wall and burying the cabling though
Nic Barnes

17th Dec 15 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose I will be changing tv hopefully next month, and not sure what I'm going to have downstairs. Blu Ray and possibly the android box but maybe that's is. Unsure. Playstation is going upstairs.
Nic Barnes

18th Dec 15 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
that plug/socket looks fucking terrible

It'll be behind the TV (unless talking about the one near the fire), so you won't see it. Tbh, the VDSL ("fibre") modem/router would be better somewhere a bit more central to the house for WiFi coverage but at least it's out the way and not in the hallway on show like most builds.

Nic - Freeview PVR functions + standalone on-demand services should continue to work on BT Youview boxes without a subscription; you just lose the BT subscription channels and BT on-demand services.
You can always buy BT branded boxes off eBay/Gumtree for little money (the unbranded Humax boxes hold there value unfortunately), you just have to put up with the BT branded GUI/tv guide etc.
everything does still work on the bt box Dom you were right so that's great. Can catch up with master chef tonight. Ps4 downloaded 50 gig of gta v in minutes. Liking this Internet.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Dec 15 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is downstairs pretty big but upstairs a little disappointing with size of rooms?
jacko198

18th Dec 15 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Best way to tidy cables up behind a tv stand? Zip tie together and try and hide the spare coils?

Found some of this the other day, tidied up behind my tv with it. Much better

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20281419/

Think it comes in different colours too, mine was grey
Nic Barnes

18th Dec 15 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Is downstairs pretty big but upstairs a little disappointing with size of rooms?
nah upstairs is decent. I don't have a family, or much clutter so it's probably actually bigger than what is needed.
Nic Barnes

18th Dec 15 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
quote:

Found some of this the other day, tidied up behind my tv with it. Much better

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20281419/

Think it comes in different colours too, mine was grey
yeah that in black perhaps would be good. Off to IKEA tomorrow for items for the bathrooms so will have a look. Cheers.
Nic Barnes

18th Dec 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of comfort for the living room. Back seats from my van. Feels like home now. Space for ikea shopping in the van now.
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Dec 15 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about getting some shorter curtains so they don't cover the heater?

MX5 Project Thread
Nic Barnes

19th Dec 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly. Enough heat in the house as it is so doesn't really affect it. It's so efficient actually have the heating off most of the time.
Nic Barnes

19th Dec 15 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of junk bought from ikea and some wardrobes as well for me to build tonight.

Is moving always like this? Loads of mess in every room, can't tidy and sort it due to buying new shiny things which take up more space? Have hardly emptied any boxes. Bought a completely pointless table from IKEA as it was £8.
pow
Premium Member

19th Dec 15 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha everything okay in domestic bliss? When my ex moved out of my place she made a right fucking mess of everything by literally opening the front door and throwing stuff in that was mine from her parents garage.

[Edited on 19-12-2015 by pow]
--ToM--

19th Dec 15 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish my missus would walk out on me save me the hassle of having to do it to her.
Neo

19th Dec 15 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We moved last Saturday, she's unboxed most her clothes and I've sorted the kitchen and lounge as we had most stuff at our flat but yeah, boxes of half emptied stuff everywhere.
Nic Barnes

19th Dec 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday night. And watching the dancing on bbc........

This will cure half the boxes that are left so this is actually a real good thing. Might start having the bedroom sorted tomorrow.
Nic Barnes

19th Dec 15 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there. Centre panels of the sliding door will eventually be teal coloured like the feature wall, either painted or get vinyl fitted on it.
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 15 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impossible to photo until the rest of the room is sorted out but it looks great imho. 2 sliding panels then an opening mirror door at the end. Insides to build tomorrow.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll