corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Little" job in work today

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Little" job in work today
SVM 286

User status: Offline
27th Jun 15 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by craig55
Not trained yet that's one of my next courses in Watford to go on

Not Sean that recall on a leaf yet either

Electronic heater units in them stop working. Pain in the arse to do mate. Proper pain.
Trainings quite good for them. They've got a giant hook hung up just in case anyone gets electrocuted they can pull you off the wires

I didn't even think that voltage was high enough to be dangerous?

A bolt from Xenon headlight hardware can kill you Dave.
big eck

27th Jun 15 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Any other issues these come with??

J10 shape quasqai? Or the new j11 shape?

The new shape one I think.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer there not to be messed with them electric cars. Pretty much the first thing they say to you when you go training is don't touch the Orange wires or you WILL die

Eck, the new ones have got a lot of recalls on them at the moment. A fair few niggly problems.
Radio unit recall
Forward emergency braking recall
Tow bar recall
These a common fault with the steering bearing in the floor where the rack and the Coloum meet.
Couple of common dash rattles too

Sounds like a lot and sounds like there aload of shit but to be honest there a cracking car. The problem we've got with them is they are usually released in another country like France or what ever first. They get all the little niggles and stuff. Then by the time we've got them. There all fixed.
Well this time we were the first to have them. So we've had to find and develop the problems

Any recalls they've got on them are quick and easy and not really a problem as such. Wouldn't let it out me off buying one as there a cracking drive.
craig55

27th Jun 15 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just not the 1.2 s which are burning oil
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just not the 1.2 s which are burning oil

This
But if you bought a 1.2 quasqai you made a mistake anyways. Not enough power in them engines for the car.
craig55

27th Jun 15 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also anything with a cvt box
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also anything with a cvt box

Not had that many cvt problems. Just the recall and I think we've replaced one box before
Other than that I've never had any issues really
craig55

27th Jun 15 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Between t32 and j11 we've done around 20 or more also quite a few j10 and f15 ones it's weird how different workshops have diffrence common faults
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when I jist finished my apprenticeship. First big job was to re shell a Ford Fusion.

The car had gone over a bollard coming off the transporter and bent the whole floor up. Painted the body and luckily being black was fine match for panels and bumpers. I did the whole interior and even though I had cars next to each other bloody hell there was a lot of screws and bolts. So much easier when new. Good job to see when it's done though.

[Edited on 27-06-2015 by Graeme]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 15 at 03:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a brand new shell? I guess it assumed the VIN of the damaged one so it wasn't apparent to whoever bought it?
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was even pdi'd so I presume it would basically be a new vehicle?

Re shelling of cars used to happen pretty often but not souch these days. I did paint a vivaro shell last year but that was for a self insured company.
antnee

29th Jun 15 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah the Corsas come apart, surprised me when I first did a Ford one.

Having a seperate dash loom will be down to the supplier of the dash and how it is fitted. If the dash is sequenced from the supplier and has everything pre-loaded into it, then the loom will likely to be separate.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Little" job in work today 22 database queries in 0.0142610 seconds