corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Installing Multiple Apps Script

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Installing Multiple Apps Script
Gsi_Ire

User status: Offline
18th May 15 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Folks,

Looking for some assistance in creating a script to install multiple applications, from mutliple drives, without invoking or having to change User Access Control settings.

I have tried to butcher a number of different scripts but I don't seem to understand them well enough to get it work.

So my rather retarded batch file simply reads like follows :

"\\drivex\e$\SoftwarePackages\Silverlight\Silverlight_x64.exe" /q /doNotRequireDRMPrompt /noupdate
"\\drivex\e$\SoftwarePackages\Lotus Notes\Notes7.msi" /quiet
"\\drivey\disks\DRS Software Applications\Office 2013\SW_DVD5_Office_2013w_SP1_W32_English_MLF_X19-34744\setup.exe"
"\\drivexy\e$\SoftwarePackages\Lync 2013\setup.exe"
timeout /T 180
"\\drivef\disks\DRS Software Applications\Acrobat Reader\Adobe Reader V11.0.10\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe"
"\\drivef\disks\DRS Software Applications\DRS Software Applications\Aobe Flash Player\install_flash_player_17_active_x.exe"
"\\drivexf\disks\DRS Software Applications\Citrix\Citrix Version 11.0\Xen App\Hosted Client\XenAppHosted.msi"

I have tried to use code such as https://sites.google.com/site/eneerge/scripts/batchgotadmin and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1894967/how-to-request-administrator-access-inside-a-batch-file

Any suggestions? They are not into deploying using SCCM and the like here

[Edited on 18-05-2015 by Gsi_Ire]
Gsi_Ire

18th May 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, nevermind, I have made a pretty simple process of firing up CMD in admin mode, then running a batch file which creates a task to run my install batch file with the highest available rights, no request for UAC except when launching CMD at the start, then deletes the task at the end. its messy, but works.

Richie

23rd May 15 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely just deploy it via GPO and running the script at SYSTEM is the easiest method here? That stops the computer prompting for UAC.

All you need to do is give Domain Computers read access to the shares you need to install from
pow
Premium Member

23rd May 15 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Push silver light out with wsus, Adobe apps you ca get msis for, office has its own startup script you ca apply using gpo (modify the read permissions on the batch file so only computers that are members of the group can read the file so you can target accurately). Push msis out by group policy
Gsi_Ire

26th May 15 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, that would all make sense if you worked for anyone other than the crowd I do......
DaveyLC

26th May 15 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Push silver light out with wsus, Adobe apps you ca get msis for, office has its own startup script you ca apply using gpo (modify the read permissions on the batch file so only computers that are members of the group can read the file so you can target accurately). Push msis out by group policy

Silver Light?.. SILVER BLOODY LIGHT... That's like suggesting that someone fills their car with 4-Star!
Dom

26th May 15 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Silver Light?

Has it's uses just like Adobe Flash
pow
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to ignore Davey when he chats shite like that

New Poll