corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer transfers 2015
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Aug 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone on Redcafe did it all, cant find it now

PMSL at this though

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/634364532790439936/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
DC90

20th Aug 15 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Stop banging on about net spend, Its irrelevant when your club is £380,000,000 in debt anyway

Debt or no debt it's irrelevant! Who really gives a fuck
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way, we got mugged off in the transfer window and have no recognised back 4.
ShEp

20th Aug 15 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long and short of it is, they wanted more than United were willing to spend on Pedro, if Chelski want to spend that, then let them

Same with Ottamendi (sp)

It's the media that makes us look stupid, quoting all sorts of bollocks.

Depay is going to shine this season, Smalling has been awesome so far, but we do need a decent CB and a 25-30 goal striker.

I reckon we could do worse than throw a bid in for Van Dijk from Celtic, he'll move to Southampton or another team in the EPL and the top teams will be after him a year later.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed out on Deigo Godin.

Never heard of him.
Cavey

20th Aug 15 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uruguayan Cb, plays in Spain, (Athletico I think) bit of a mentalist, a la Pepe really.

(no wiki involved)

[Edited on 20-08-2015 by Cavey]
Rick Draper

20th Aug 15 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Uruguayan Cb, plays in Spain, (Athletico I think) bit of a mentalist, a la Pepe really.

(no wiki involved)

[Edited on 20-08-2015 by Cavey]

Steve noticed him 4 seasons ago, rates him
Eck
Premium Member

21st Aug 15 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, a lot of Atletico's success in recent years boils down to their defensive sturdiness. Diego Godin (and Miranda) are a massive part of that. Godin pops up with vital goals and is as reliable as they come.
Cavey

21st Aug 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United target Neymar

Me too. Doesn't mean it's ever going to happen though. The press are outdoing eachother now

[Edited on 21-08-2015 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

21st Aug 15 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf
Cavey

21st Aug 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently it's the back page of one of the papers tomorrow
Cavey

21st Aug 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM9dZwZXAAA6VE0.jpg

Mind you apparently De Bruyne has agreed terms with City and Chelsea have agreed a fee for Pogba.

The bullshit machine is in full flow
DC90

21st Aug 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neymar surely people can't take the media seriously with this shit
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 15 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neymar 30+ goals last season as a part of the most deadly strikeforce in history (if I'm not mistaken) They just print any old shite now.
ShEp

22nd Aug 15 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neymar is a bit of a silly one, I believe that's the press taking the piss there.

United havn't "missed out" on any of these players
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 15 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say it's more worrying that you haven't missed out on some players, but LVG "wasn't sure".
Vidal - Wasn't sure on knee. Went on to star for Juventus again and help Chile win Copa America, whilst being in Team of the Tournament. Immediately improves Bayern in several areas.
Pedro - Wasn't sure on his pace. Sorry but that is baffling He's not slow by any stretch of the imagination, but he's also extremely clever with his runs. Letting Chelsea snap him up is madness. Improves their attacking threat greatly.
Rumoured to have stopped the signing of Toni Kroos? Who in their right mind?

Hearing more and more about transfers being canceled, contracts stalling etc over doubts.
But Daley Blind is a CB

[Edited on 22-08-2015 by Eck]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 15 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think I have heard these quotes come from lvgs mouth. Made up "quotes" imo from the press
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 15 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have more faith in him than I do, Steve.
ShEp

22nd Aug 15 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All good and well Eck, but hindsight is a wonderfull thing.

It's easy to sit there and point out how good Vidal has been now but back when united were planning him that wasn't the case.

Pedro might come back and bit us on the arse aswell.

Falcao could have gone to Liverpool last season and scored 35goals, and we would have been mocked there too. but he didn't, the gamble didn't pay off with him.

Di Maria could have gone to Chelsea and scored a shed load of goals and been EPL player of the year, but he didn't, he came to United and stole some wages.

Vidal may well have come to united and been shit too, it's the gamble these guys take.

I guess we all have to have faith in LVG that he will do what he thinks is right, and not what armchair managers deem to be correct.

Look at the difference in Fellaini, massive improvement under LVG, Smalling, again has really come into his own.

I personally would like to see Hernandez given a chance to shine, and it looks like this season may be his chance unless we panic buy.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 15 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When was Vidal playing poorly?
ADM and Falcao could have, but didn't. They came to United and didn't perform. I wouldn't say he stole wages either. He started off fantastically before he started getting shifted about by LVG.
I'm entitled to my opinion in that I have concerns about his decisions. Please forgive me if that makes me an armchair manager
The fact that Romero is currently number one and Daley Blind a CB should be concerning for most fans.

Edit: Smalling is playing very well just now though, and Fellaini seems to be getting back to the player he was at Everton.

[Edited on 22-08-2015 by Eck]
DC90

23rd Aug 15 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair to Daley Blind he's been smashing it at CB

He will get found out when we play a team who are a proper attacking force though!

Cavey

23rd Aug 15 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United will have to.pay a world record £137m for Neymar....

I'd say this was more worrying for United... "Reds boss Louis van Gaal insisted that he did not need to add to his attacking options despite being linked with a move for Barcelona forward Neymar" apparently from the Manchester evening news

Apparently United and Chelsea have been offered Pato (remember him?) for 10m although Spurs want him

[Edited on 23-08-2015 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're taking that from his post game conference where the press kept asking loaded questions to give away a desire to sign players, to combat this he was just saying they don't need anyone else. Have to wait and see I guess
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Blind has actually been decent But as you say, they haven't come across a genuinely high class threat as of yet.
Pato heading back to Brazil was always odd. He didn't exactly play badly for Milan, scoring nearly a goal every two games (remember his goal against Barca?).
And at only 25, he may well fulfil that potential that made him one of the hottest Brazilian prospects. Also, £10m isn't a lot to play really. I'd take the punt.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015 23 database queries in 0.2072539 seconds