corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer transfers 2015
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Aug 15 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you crazy bro? we filled some vital positions in midfield we've not had a decent midfield for years, and at right back

I'm happy with our signings so far, deffo need a striker though, less worried about defence, smalling is turning into a bit of a machine. Although injury stand ins I suppose

[Edited on 19-08-2015 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

19th Aug 15 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the talksport figure also take into account players wages? or just spend on transfer amounts?

20mil is still not very much, certainly not "outrageous"
DC90

19th Aug 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We certainly needed a right back and holding midfielder. Did we need two? Probably not, but I'm not complaining.

Blind is going to be caught out eventually, but we won't buy a CB as he's happy with the cover we have.

We need a keeper for when DDG leaves. If he was signing, he would have by now.

If LVG has anything about him he will realise that Rooney alone cannot fire us anywhere close to where we need to be. We need a striker.
Marc

19th Aug 15 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need players a bit like Vidic, Evra and RVP. Hmmm...
Steve
Premium Member

19th Aug 15 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeha fuck david moyes
Cavey

19th Aug 15 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Did the talksport figure also take into account players wages? or just spend on transfer amounts?

I assume just transfer fees. You were joint 5th with West Ham, and (someone else). Only time that'll ever happen.

You needed a centre back or two and a striker, or two, and seem only to be buying midfielders
Steve
Premium Member

19th Aug 15 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We needed those aswell
Rick Draper

19th Aug 15 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United merked again.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 06:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By all accounts City were after Pedro too

[Edited on 20-08-2015 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
From what I have read ddg has been planning this move for 3 years and has declined all offers of contracts he had previously been offered.

On the other side of it, I read that LVG stopped talks of a new contract last year as he wasn't sure on DDG. It wouldn't actually surprise me with what he's doing.
Net spend with wages will be about nil due to selling a World Class player who was making over 200k per week Still think that was stupid. ADM was the star at the start of the season, then LVG started shifting him about.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

25m Schneiderlin
31m Memphis
12m Darmian
14m Schweinsteiger

Not sure how selling ADM for 40m brings it down to 20m though? You're talking about wages as well, Schweinsteiger, Memphis and Schneiderlin won't be on buttons.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to say I agree about Smalling though, in the second half of last season he really started to perform, and it looks like he's continuing that in to this season. But he does get niggles quite a lot and to be honest, there's not a lot of cover at all. Don't know why Blind is starting before Rojo though, as he's not as quick, not as strong or aggressive, and not as good at defending A solid, cool head to help Smalling's development is what's needed. Then someone who will actually shoot. Rooney's hit 14 shots on target in 20 games?
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumours yesterday that Schweinseiger actually cost £9m.

Annoyed about how we have handled the whole Pedro thing. Makes us look silly.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rojo isn't fit
Cavey

20th Aug 15 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently Arsenal are looking at Cavani.

Have united 'withdrawn their interest' yet?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't any

There wasn't any interest in Otamendi

There wasn't any interest in Firmino

There isn't any in Cavani

In fact the only one that I think there was genuine interest in was Pedro.

The media just like to speculate, "oh they need a defender they must be interested in xyz" someone worked out that out of X hundred amount of stories reported by the press only a handful were actually true.

Don't believe everything you read.
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Have united 'withdrawn their interest' yet?

We are happy with Jones and Wilson for these dynamic roles.
Cavey

20th Aug 15 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Steve, that's the exact point I made earlier. Although you must of been interested in more than 1 player this summer, they have a roulette wheel with player names and seem to just spin that every week

[Edited on 20-08-2015 by Cavey]
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Media need to stop clinging on to the past and realise we are no better than any other top 4/CL qualifying team now.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
With the revelation of the real Schweinsteiger fee, #MUFC have actually spent just a net £8 million so far in this transfer window
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfers-how-van-9886338
chrisritch

20th Aug 15 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop banging on about net spend, Its irrelevant when your club is £380,000,000 in debt anyway
Marc

20th Aug 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Stop banging on about net spend, Its irrelevant when the company that owns your club is £380,000,000 in debt anyway
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Stop banging on about net spend, Its irrelevant when your club is £380,000,000 in debt anyway

I was only bringing it up because someone else said we had been spending outrageous amounts
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 15 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfers-how-van-9886338

So he decided against signing Kroos and Vidal, two players of the very highest order?
Please break down the net spend for me, Steve. As I must have missed something.

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015 23 database queries in 0.2284110 seconds