corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b 1.2 Sxi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b 1.2 Sxi
CORSA1.48V

User status: Offline
13th May 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at getting a Sxi corsa b whats the standard spec like ?, do they have sunroof or air-con ?

Any Comments bout them would be greatful

Cheers
dannycorsa c

13th May 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no air con maybe a sunroof most dont have lecy windows
Mikorsa16v

13th May 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quicker than your 1.4 8v if its SPi.
air con is avavilable in some,
mine however has full tilt and open sunny,
rev counter, airbag, EPS etc
markandrewrollason

13th May 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya,

Ive got a corsa b 1.2 16valve sxi, this is my first car but i have drove others and i would say its very good at acceleration, its got everything the same as a sport/sri apart from electric windows i think (plz correct me if im wrong) mine is standard at the mo but with a filter, exhaust and other engine mods !!! i think it has a lot of room for improvement, its also insurance friendly and the later models s,t,v,w,x reg i have heard they have the same engine in them as the new corsa c sxi ??? also the body styling is exactly the same as the sport/sri with spolier, sports seats which are very comfy, sunroof, air con etc etc i would look to pay around £3000-£4000,

Get in touch if you require any more infor on the sxi,

Cheers,

Mark
CORSA1.48V

14th May 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Is it an Ecotec engine + have you got any pics ?

Virtue

14th May 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My SXi (X Reg but B shape) is my first car, but has the following:

aircon, electric mirrors, manual windows, vauxhall sports seats, full exhaust system (Sebring, cat-back), K&N air filter, etc

Easy to modify - falls under group 3 on insurance too, and it is quick on acceleration (although exhaust system and K&N help alot).

Mine cost £4800, with 26k miles on the clock, spotless.

cheers
Gambit

14th May 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think if you get air con then you dont get a sunroof & vice versa
Adam_lee

14th May 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got neither? But i think mine is older than yours. Mines a T reg. They started putting more gear on em to shift em ready for the corsa C so late models have a little extra.
Plymouth_Corsa

14th May 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all corsa b's, no matter what reg, are 65bhp. They were then given a better ECU and a few other bits to release a further 10bhp and more torque for the corsa c model. The SXi was created because they had so many sport parts probably, so they made a compromise, nippy small car, sporty looks with cheap insurance...worked well!
puchos

14th May 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an S reg sxi which doesnt have air con or sunroof but all the extra trimmings. got a bfo cone, rage back box, lowered and new sri corsa wheels on and looks sweet. does me!
markandrewrollason

15th May 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines a T reg they brought out T & V in 1999 so mine was in the first 6 month's ov 1999 ill see if i can put some pics up on here (not done it before so bear with me) plus its only standard but it will give u a good idea of what ur working with, id look for one with a soonroof rather than air con ! from reading above mine obviously doesent have air con but i have a sunroof. Take a look at www.autotrader.co.uk and register and u will be able to search for the exact corsa u want including trim i.e sri,sport,sxi etc also the colour and u can even specify what mileage u want it under, mine cost £3200 and had done had just over 38,000 on the clock it was a good buy ! Oh and yes and it is an ecotec. Hope that answers all your questions

[Edited on 15-05-2003 by markandrewrollason]
markandrewrollason

15th May 03 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 15-05-2003 by markandrewrollason]
Corsa666

15th May 03 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunroof is an extra that u have to pay for wen u buy one brand new...trust me I know
ArdenSXi

15th May 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 99 V Arden blue sxi, its my first car and so far its been great, looks exactly like a Sport, hadles well with a suspension kit, good spec (elec/heated mirrors, pas, spoiler, sports seats, aircon or sunroof, alloy wheels) , it keeps up with the 1.4 8v Mpi SRi's and is not far away from a 1.4 16v Sport/SRi. Thats all with group 3 ins.
The only thing i would say thats not so good about them is the lack of grunt from the engine (ie induction roar from 1.4/1.6 16v).
Apart from that its a great wee car.

New Poll