corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Car
Ellis

User status: Offline
30th Mar 15 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a Corsa I'm afraid to report. After a lengthy battle with my insurance, my beloved, long serving Impreza P1 was written off...

And after a year of hunting for one with the history & spec I wanted, I bought myself an RS4 B7:

It's a 56 plate example with under 60k miles in Sprint Blue. H&R wheel spacers and Milltek resonated exhaust system. Dead chuffed
Jimbothebarbarian

30th Mar 15 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking lush.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 15 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to start selling drugs
Ellis

30th Mar 15 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing however that I forgot in the chaos of buying the car was the personalised reg. I have nothing to prove the registration is mine, do I need any documents? The plate was included in the sale price.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Mar 15 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good choice.

That plate that is on the car is yours to do with what you want.

Assuming it is transferable of course. Which I would guess it is.
Ellis

30th Mar 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian. I've no experience with personal reg plates. Don't intend to remove it but always good to know I'm within the rules.
JonnyJ

30th Mar 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice

Think a black grill surround would look good on that
Ellis

30th Mar 15 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Nice

Think a black grill surround would look good on that

You're not the first to suggest black optics. I'm yet to be convinced but will have a think. First port of call is to replace the resonated centre pipes with non-resonated ones, let her sing a little louder. Finding myself getting cold with the window down listening to it.
MikeF86

30th Mar 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice. Was reading this earlier, looks nice with black grill and wheels slightly darker....
http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1338407&mid=94277&i=20&nmt=My+car+history+up+to+my+new+Audi+RS4&mid=94277
Ben G

30th Mar 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was a nice surprise thought it was gonna be a vag of some mediocre description. Lovely motors.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Mar 15 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd leave it as-is cosmetically, they're at the age now where OE looks good and modded can cheapen it a bit.

In fact - just seen that one in the PH link - far prefer yours.
CORSA NUT

30th Mar 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing you need to do is get it decarboned don't know whether you have a Terraclean company near you but ideally they need stripping down and doing by hand
JonnyJ

30th Mar 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't go for the black badge and darker wheels like the PH one, just the surround myself. Too much black detailing ruins a car.

But as said, looks smart as it is.

[Edited on 30-03-2015 by JonnyJ]
big eck

30th Mar 15 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome cars. Bloody expensive for parts and tax which put me off buying one lol.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i looked at them and m5s. It's just the parts as said that puts me off.
Jambo

30th Mar 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice!
SVM 286

30th Mar 15 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very VERY smart Ellis. Unusual to see one that's not black.

What's the score with the 'resonated pipes'?

What happened to your P1 too?

One of my neighbours has had his from new. Brilliant little car. Hopefully i'll have the space and the money for it, if ever he sells it.
Ian W

31st Mar 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

31st Mar 15 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both

But I think I am at the age where I'd prefer the RS4
Ellis

31st Mar 15 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts are eye wateringly expensive for these which is why I opted for a warranty to at least see me through the first year of ownership. If the DRC suspensions goes whilst under warranty then happy days, if not, I'll just replace with KW V3 coilovers later in life and do away with the system completely.

There are a whole host of known achilles heels on the RS4 B7 but it's a risk I am willing to take. It is quite an engine and I will take a long time to get bored of the noise it produces.

SVM, the P1 was involved in a head on collision. 3rd party driving on wrong side of contraflow. My insurance spent 14 months trying to fix it before admitting defeat and giving me the settlement I proposed initially. I have a case ongoing with the Financial Ombudsman re their conduct during the claim.
Wrighty

31st Mar 15 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame about your p1 pal but B7 rs4 is very nice.
Brett
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice!

What happened to the P1? Pics?
Ellis

31st Mar 15 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have any pictures handy of the damage but the whole offside was mashed including front wheel. We both swerved and he caught me down the offside, thankfully we were only doing about 30mph in either direction. He nearly rolled his Golf and ironically ended up back on the side of the road he should've been on

My insurance selected a garage to repair the car where they seemed to employ Neanderthals. They spent 9 weeks locating a set of Tein coilovers which could be bought from Demon Tweeks etc on next day delivery. They also fitted the the front shocks with a rear and front spring combination. Oh dear.

They gave up sourcing the 18" P1 wheels that I warned them about from the beginning. I had to intervene and source them myself - was only ever refunded for the single damaged wheel.

Returned the car to me on 3 separate occasions with parts missing, damaged or incorrectly fitted. Fuel pishing out over cylinder no.1 was the highlight of their incompetence.

Eventually when it was drivable, it shook violently at anything above 40mph. I measured the positions of the wheels relative to the arches and there was 15mm of difference across the axle.

Then I had it independently reviewed and it was concluded the chassis was not quite aligned correctly and the front sub-frame hadn't been replaced during the repair (was badly twisted).

Eventually got my own way and the car was written off.

Word of advice for anyone in the future; do not accept the insurance 'approved' repair centre if you suspect it is not good. They use scare mongering tactics to make you believe you will be liable for costs if you select your own place - not strictly true as it turns out.

Choose your own trusted repair centre and take any of the small penalties your may incur. It will be worth your while, trust me, 14 months of my life I won't get back.
nathy_87

31st Mar 15 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame to hear about your Scooby, however a very nice replacement.

[Edited on 31-03-2015 by nathy_87]
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 15 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ - sometimes see cars going through the salvage which are previously repair and look fixed - that's enough to put you off buying one!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car 22 database queries in 0.0927789 seconds