corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Car
Ellis

User status: Offline
31st Mar 15 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly Ian, be very careful. I've already warned the enthusiast community if you like about this car as I believe it is circulating for auction.

Having had many panels painted during the repair with new wheels and newly fitted new-age Brembo brake conversion, Defi gauges etc, you could forgive yourself for thinking you were getting a bargain. It was absolutely mint at first glance.

As much as I was gutted to see it wrote off (particularly that I was heavily invested in it before the accident) it was for the best. I'm not sure my confidence in the repair would have ever been sufficient enough to drive it in a spirited way again.

I will miss the infamous drum roll soundtrack, the immature dump valve and the outrageous boost but a fitting replacement I think.
SVM 286

31st Mar 15 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis

SVM, the P1 was involved in a head on collision. 3rd party driving on wrong side of contraflow. My insurance spent 14 months trying to fix it before admitting defeat and giving me the settlement I proposed initially.

What a suckfest.
jacko198

31st Mar 15 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about the P1. Do love the Audi though!
Ellis

1st Apr 15 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
SVM, the P1 was involved in a head on collision. 3rd party driving on wrong side of contraflow. My insurance spent 14 months trying to fix it before admitting defeat and giving me the settlement I proposed initially.

What a suckfest.

Indeed. Quite funny how the claim bill, including various semi-luxury courtesy cars, eventually totaled just under £45,000. They spent over £10k on the repair itself when the car was maybe worth £8k top end on the private market. I wanted £7k as a settlement and eventually walked at £6.5k.

They offered me £4.5k at the very beginning so for the sake of £2k they started a year of pain and completely lost their arse. They also asked if I would attend court on their behalf to recover costs from the 3rd party; I wrote a letter politely declining and explained I would not say anything to aid their case. Unsurprisingly I haven't heard any more regarding the court case
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus thats crazy!

Dont know whos more to blame the insurance company or the useless repair centre

shame as I do love P1's. However that RS4 is stunning I keep seriously considering one (love the estates :cool but dont have the guts due to the horror stories Sounds like you have done is wisely though and enjoy it

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SVM 286

2nd Apr 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:

What a suckfest.

Indeed. Quite funny how the claim bill, including various semi-luxury courtesy cars, eventually totaled just under £45,000. They spent over £10k on the repair itself when the car was maybe worth £8k top end on the private market. I wanted £7k as a settlement and eventually walked at £6.5k.

They offered me £4.5k at the very beginning so for the sake of £2k they started a year of pain and completely lost their arse. They also asked if I would attend court on their behalf to recover costs from the 3rd party; I wrote a letter politely declining and explained I would not say anything to aid their case. Unsurprisingly I haven't heard any more regarding the court case

What a useless shower of c*nts.

Insurance companies never seem to change or improve.

They could have written you out a cheque for twenty grand, for a sub ten grand car, the day it happened and walked away quids in. Morons.
Ben G

2nd Apr 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

45 grand Jesus Christ.
Ellis

3rd Apr 15 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be interesting to see what view the Financial Ombudsman takes on the whole situation. My letter to them was as long and contained copies of so many letters that it was to heavy for 1st class mail it cost me nearly £2.00.
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Apr 15 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest who was the insurer or the broker/underwriter

Glad it's all getting sorted and the Audi is awesome!
Ellis

3rd Apr 15 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Out of interest who was the insurer or the broker/underwriter

Glad it's all getting sorted and the Audi is awesome!

It was Privilege I was with at the time. I believe they are part of the wider Direct Line Group of insurers; you would think these guys would be the most competent in the industry.

There are less than a handful of 'engineers' (ahem ) who travel around to value car repairs in the hole of northern Scotland. When there is a problem, sourcing my wheels for example, you can end up waiting weeks for one of them to establish contact with the repair centre and make a decision, or not make any decisions as it was in my case. Just sit and do nothing and hope parts appear out of thin air.

[Edited on 03-04-2015 by Ellis]
Ben G

3rd Apr 15 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with privilege last year. They were good value until they sent my renewal through which was twice the price of the year before, after a years claim free motoring.
Ellis

3rd Apr 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've done that to me a few times in the past, just call them and they soon change it. I think they do it to chance their luck in the event someone doesn't bother to cancel it before it automatically renews.

Makes me laugh, they put me and themselves through 14 months of pain for an annual premium of £192. At least it gave me a chance to try out some hire cars, by some I mean 12 different cars. Nissan Pathfinder was the best of the bunch, Peugeot 107 was probably the worst and just down right embarrassing tbh.
Ellis

1st May 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to dig up this thread. I just happened upon my old car being sold at auction:

Auction Link

Not exactly what you would normally label as a 'write-off' from the condition in the pictures

Unfortunately someone is going to get their fingers burned with it I imagine. It's tragic to see those Defi gauges sitting there; worth a fortune so they are. More upsetting is the head unit which has been with me since I was 16 years old.

So many memories
SVM 286

2nd May 15 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't you have removed your head unit before it went back Ellis.

How much were the gauges?

Is the car actually repairable? Was it just done by mongs, or is it beyond redemption?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be on eBay or autotrader having being "repaired to a very high standard"

Best post it's reg numbers and warning threads on the net.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car 23 database queries in 0.0138059 seconds