corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone bought from Sofaworks?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone bought from Sofaworks?
kz

User status: Offline
24th Mar 15 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not convinced! They're a UK company with no stores anywhere else... no mention of international trading or deliveries. But whatever, it doesn't have that much to do with it lol.

I guess what you're referring to is the makers of the sofas rather than the trading company... I've personally not seen my model anywhere else, but if you're right then you're just helping to make my point!

[Edited on 24-03-2015 by kz]
DaveyLC

24th Mar 15 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stock comes from the Far-east though.. So they either have to predict demand and then have a run made and store it here at massive expense or make an order ever X number of weeks as demand grows.. Its not hard to understand!

Its a win-win situation for them, they only have to manufacture what they have actually sold and they have minimal stock in storage.
kz

24th Mar 15 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I totally understand it's win-win for them! Was speaking to mum about this earlier and she said it never used to be like this 'in her day' lol, and that it's a modern thing. I guess one company decided to start doing it this way (to maximise profits, rather than customer service) and all the others just followed as they wanted to be making big bucks too... a real shame. Anyway, currently waiting for a call back which was meant to be yesterday and surprise surprise no call!
Bonney

29th Mar 15 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They import all their stock from China. When I was driving the container lorries this was one of our larger customers along with dfs, next, matalan, new look, asos, and quite a few others.

From what I remember when I unloaded there it was all taken off the container, put on trolleys then left to sit in their head office warehouse near Warrington then sent to their other hubs or delivered straight from the warehouse.

Another thing I was told, they have an outlet on eBay where they sell all their slight seconds and returns for a lot less than in the shop with immediate delivery.
DaveyLC

30th Mar 15 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Oh yeah I totally understand it's win-win for them! Was speaking to mum about this earlier and she said it never used to be like this 'in her day' lol, and that it's a modern thing. I guess one company decided to start doing it this way (to maximise profits, rather than customer service) and all the others just followed as they wanted to be making big bucks too... a real shame. Anyway, currently waiting for a call back which was meant to be yesterday and surprise surprise no call!

Yep, Customer service doesn't pay the bills.. Comet learned this the hard way!
kz

30th Mar 15 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well little update, apparently the delivery date was a system error, I wonder if it would have changed if I never complained though! Got it brought forward 5 weeks... still the way they word it is still very sly. On the phone he said, your delivery date is now 20th April. Then afterwards I get a confirmation email saying it'll be delivered to their warehouse on the week commencing the 20th April honesty is obviously not the best policy lol.

[Edited on 30-03-2015 by kz]
baza31

31st Mar 15 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not turn up with a van any more? Seems a lot of hassle buying sofas nowadays.
kz

7th Apr 15 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can to Ikea, but that's about it I think.
Bonney

18th Apr 15 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DFS you can collect from the store too
Twiggy

18th Apr 15 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have had ours about 2 months now and all good. we told 12 weeks but came in about 8 weeks
kz

18th Apr 15 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our is now booked in for a delivery on the 29th! Just hope it bloody fits now...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not measure before ordering?
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing the game makes it more fun.
kz

19th Apr 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly I like living life on the edge.

Nah you can measure all you want but working out if it'll fit round the top of stairs in the hallway etc. is near on impossible unless you make a life size template!
kz

30th Apr 15 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well here it is, only two weeks late lol... not the end of the world I guess. Got a single seater opposite it too

pow
Premium Member

1st May 15 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like that room

Have you christened it yet

[Edited on 01-05-2015 by pow]
Ben G

1st May 15 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magnolia walls, brown carpets.....I take it this is a rental property or one that has just been bought from the most boring bastards in the world.

Rug is lovely as is the sofa.
pow
Premium Member

1st May 15 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like the plain walls jazz up with the acfessories and furniture look. Paint a wall a deep purple or pink and you'll be changing it again in a year IMO. I hate painting
Ben G

1st May 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who paints walls purple and pink?
kz

1st May 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, yeah it's rented. Done what we can with it! I like it, just hate the lighting, but don't think it's an easy job to change those over.

That picture needs lowering and centring, it's just on the existing hook at the moment!

One more thing to come yet and that's my new TV can't wait... release day is middle of May so still a little while yet unfortunately.

Oh, and as for purple

Ben G

1st May 15 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not paint though looks nice mate. Feature wall looks like something i'd puke over in the shop, but looks brilliant on the wall.

Light fittings are easy to change. Done a few now. I just take a photo of the wiring before I unscrew everything, that way I have a guide to where it all goes.

[Edited on 01-05-2015 by Ben G]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone bought from Sofaworks? 22 database queries in 0.0156271 seconds