corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone bought from Sofaworks?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone bought from Sofaworks?
kz

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 15 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just logged into my online account and have seen my ETA is 28th May... 12 weeks after our order date. When ordering they stated their maximum delivery time is 6 weeks. Although after looking on their website it seems if they're more than a week late they'll refund £50 which is something I suppose, but I'm still not happy if that's right.

Anyone had similar? Would love to hear some (positive) experiences lol...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was 12 weeks
johnhara1

22nd Mar 15 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought ours from them last year.

It was the last one (their display item) almost £1000 cheaper and they gave it an overhaul before it arrived. i.e. they has some minor grazes in the leather fixed.

It arrived on time and they through in 3 boxes of leather cleaner/conditioner. A year on and we still have plenty left.

I'd use them again.
evilrob
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How has the sofa been when it eventually arrived, Mark? I'm the market for a new one and like the look of a few of their ranges.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only had it a month rob
MarkM

22nd Mar 15 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Had mine over a year now no issues. Paid over 2k for a 4 and 3 seater and a foot rest thing so I'd expect not to have any issues.
kz

22nd Mar 15 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
mine was 12 weeks

Were you told it'd take that long/?

We were told 6 weeks is the maximum time it should take... they hinted that in reality, most get delivered in around 4 weeks. We specifically went with them as they told us they are guaranteed to be quicker than their competitors (who quote 10-12 weeks) I wonder if they've breached their terms we could get a refund and go to IKEA. At the moment we're sitting on garden furniture!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told 12 weeks
Aaron

23rd Mar 15 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours was 6. It arrived just before Christmas. Salesman was a bit of a cunt though, as he assumed that it was perfectly acceptable to add their cover protection to the price of the sofa without asking us first. Needless to say that he was firmly told to remove it before I signed on the dotted line...and even then he whinged about it.

[Edited on 23-03-2015 by Aaron]
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my sofas are from there, salesmen are salesmen just deal with them all in the same way. 12 weeks mine took, I had to delay their delivery in the end as the witch took off and the house was empty and they really helpful.
kz

23rd Mar 15 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was told 12 weeks

That's interesting as they say they'll always only be 6 weeks... even on their website there's never anything which states more than 6 weeks delivery!

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Ours was 6. It arrived just before Christmas. Salesman was a bit of a cunt though, as he assumed that it was perfectly acceptable to add their cover protection to the price of the sofa without asking us first. Needless to say that he was firmly told to remove it before I signed on the dotted line...and even then he whinged about it.

Yes they tried this on the phone too! Really annoying... they were like the total's is £925 I was like wot m8, it should be £750! Can you breakdown the price for me, and there was the bullshit lol.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the store the just refused the protection and they took it off, no real fight just some bloke chatting breeze

[Edited on 23-03-2015 by pow]
Ben G

23rd Mar 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reason why they changed their name from csl to sofaworks?

A store opened locally a while back branded as csl then the name suddenly got change but it's the same shop.
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 15 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes a LONG time to ship shit from China.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Mar 15 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
#

So they can give you a free Neil and make everything OK.
Ben G

23rd Mar 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get it
evilrob
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
#

So they can give you a free Neil and make everything OK.

evilrob
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
only had it a month rob

Ah right. Initial impressions?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are still in their fucking bubble wrap in a storage unit
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:
only had it a month rob

Ah right. Initial impressions?

seems pretty decent so far
kz

23rd Mar 15 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really get why it takes more than 3 days to build one, and 3 days to ship it... I guess they only employee blind people with arms missing.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Mar 15 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because they dont just make one for you? there are other customers in the world you know. or do you not understand how businesses work?
kz

24th Mar 15 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it different to every other kind of business? My bed took 5 days to arrive, and my TV stand and coffee table took just under 2 weeks.

If you say, they have to build them from scratch... why? Do they think no ones going to buy one? I'm about to order a new TV as well, do they literally just set out the engineers to solder all the parts together after I've ordered? No, they have stock, because they forecast how many they're going to sell.

You may say there are many more options when it comes to sofas. But they're not completely custom made, there's a few colour options to choose from, that's it. Someone is going to buy one... have one in stock ready to send out then when that one sells, make another! I don't actually believe Sofaworks are shipping worldwide, but if they are, then it just means more potential customers to buy that product, so even more reason to have one in stock.

Anything more than a couple of weeks is simply a bad financial forecasting department. I did find a couple of companies that offer shipping within 72 hours... we just didn't like their designs, but it obviously can be done.
DaveyLC

24th Mar 15 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will all be down to Margin, Sofa's aren't exactly compact stock so handling is complex and storage is expensive.

[Edited on 24-03-2015 by DaveyLC]
pow
Premium Member

24th Mar 15 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course Sofas are shipping worldwide You start to notice when you're shopping around that a few companies have exactly the same style in a few ranges which means they are basically reselling

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone bought from Sofaworks? 22 database queries in 0.1664989 seconds