corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Lukes Astra VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lukes Astra VXR
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
15th Mar 15 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Good to see you've got another thread going , keep an eye on your gearbox m32s are naf. My mums has just gone on her zafira 32k and she drives like a 90 year old

Mine seems fine atm, car doesn't really get driven hard so hopefully it'll last. Hopefully i'll be keeping this thread up to date as I seem to let me C's and other VXR ones die off haha.
LukesCorsaSXi

21st Apr 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, car went boom.
New engine needed, bottom ends gone, low compression in all 4 cylinders. Been quoted 2k+ to get the engine out, check the extent of the damage, rebuild plus any parts that I may need, rings, pistons etc...

So went on the hunt for a new engine. Found out that Bo Nielsen has just retired from racing his Time Attack Astra and had a spare engine that he planned on forging for his own car. Will be ripping my old engine out and selling to to a company that rebuilds engines...(Most companies want engines with no outer damage as they can rebuild everything on the inside)

Pics of new engine. Engines on 12k atm, but hasn't been used since it was taken out of the original car it left the factory in. Bo fully stripped the engine for me to show me all the internals, built it all back up with fresh gaskets/sealant etc, and while it's out ive also had the timing belt and pulleys changed. Waterpump is almost brand new that's on it so gonna leave it for now, will double check it when the engine arrives but for now I won't be replacing it.

andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What caused the engine to go bang? Wasn't it a low mileage engine?

April 08 feature car
Generation

21st Apr 15 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not under some sort of warranty? A friend recently got a brand new gearbox and turbo fitted and supplied by Vauxhall for free
LukesCorsaSXi

21st Apr 15 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
What caused the engine to go bang? Wasn't it a low mileage engine?

I believe before I bought it, it was mapped by Regal (no limiter on it), i've been driving it and it's developed quite a bad knock. Not sure if they chucked some thick oil or something through it to sell it as it wasn't this bad when I first bought it. Engines on 20k mate.
LukesCorsaSXi

21st Apr 15 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Is it not under some sort of warranty? A friend recently got a brand new gearbox and turbo fitted and supplied by Vauxhall for free

The garage are refusing to pay for anything. I got it from a garage near Mansfield who are a bunch of absolute wankers. They are basically trying to tell me that i've blown the engine up because I fitted a cross over delete pipe onto the engine. Once the engines in, I will be sending them the bill, and if they don't pay i'll be taking them to court.
--ToM--

21st Apr 15 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that's some awful news this looked like a total minter
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Apr 15 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Fuck that's some awful news this looked like a total minter

Body work is perfect mate. Will be even better with the new engine in!
--ToM--

22nd Apr 15 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye no doubt, but I'm sure a car of that milesge etc will have demanded a bit more of s premium that the average mile vxr? Such s shame it's happened good job your making s good situation out of a bad one I would definately take legal proceedings
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Apr 15 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh aye no doubt, but I'm sure a car of that milesge etc will have demanded a bit more of s premium that the average mile vxr? Such s shame it's happened good job your making s good situation out of a bad one I would definately take legal proceedings

I will be doing. And I'll be taking some pics of the engine going in etc, really can't wait. It's getting dlivered at the end of the month, it's gonna be like having a new car! Car is then going upto RnD Motorsport in York to have a safe map put on it as I don't trust the one that's currently on it.
Generation

22nd Apr 15 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What proof do you have in court that they've said they won't help?
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Apr 15 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What proof do you have in court that they've said they won't help?

I sent them a letter asking them to fix the car, which they palmed off to a solicitor who has written back saying the car was of satisfactory condition when sold and they refuse to do any more repairs on the car. (Already been back for a new manifold, and a boosting issue)
Generation

22nd Apr 15 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicely done! Glad you've got written confirmation
--ToM--

22nd Apr 15 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There fucked
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Apr 15 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nicely done! Glad you've got written confirmation

quote:
There fucked

Hoping so lads. Would love to get the money back that I've spent on the engine. Need to source an engine stand, although I may not need one if we're just swapping the engines over and bolting everything back on straight away.

Need some way of transporting to crate from off the lorry onto my back garden... anyone any ideas?
craig55

22nd Apr 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skate boards

And hope your planning to have map checked once new engine is in then could also use as evidence
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Apr 15 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig55
Skate boards

And hope your planning to have map checked once new engine is in then could also use as evidence

It'll be going straight to be mapped, so I will ask Dan to get the config of the current ECU to show its not standard.
--ToM--

22nd Apr 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carry it mate two of you will lift it no problems there not heavy
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Apr 15 at 05:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Carry it mate two of you will lift it no problems there not heavy

I asked Bo and it will delivered on a lorry with a pallet lift, so gonna get them to bring it round the back garden and stick it on an engine stand
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on lad. Gutted It's happend mate but atleast your making the best of it.
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Apr 15 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Spot on lad. Gutted It's happend mate but atleast your making the best of it.

Can't let it get me down mate. Got the money to get it done so instead of moaning about might aswell just take it as life experience. Hopefully when the new engines in i'll have a few months of trouble free motoring. Oh wait... I own a VXR.

In other news, I need new brake pads... £200 a set, lovely!
--ToM--

24th Apr 15 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the pads so expensive? Can't be that big can they ? My vectra are bigger than standard Astra but I know u got 888 there only like £60 for all 4 corners lol
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Apr 15 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much you selling your engine for btw?
random dav
Premium Member

24th Apr 15 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£200... what pads are you buying forthat price? I got some fronts for $11 they are ace

[Edited on 24-04-2015 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
LukesCorsaSXi

24th Apr 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why the pads so expensive? Can't be that big can they ? My vectra are bigger than standard Astra but I know u got 888 there only like £60 for all 4 corners lol

Alcon 4 pots off the 888. Mate if you can find me the pads for £60 hit me up! Only place I know that does them is Ears Motorsport @ £200

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Lukes Astra VXR 24 database queries in 0.2002931 seconds