corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » O2 3G/4G Reliability

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author O2 3G/4G Reliability
James

User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone else have issues with the stability of the 3G/4G connection on O2?

I often lose both 3G and 4G, to get it back I have to put the phone in flight mode and then out of flight mode and then 3G/4G comes back.

I work in central London and live in a reasonably big town so it's not like I'm in rural locations.

I'm on the brink of moving provider. I guess there's a small chance it's my phone (iPhone 5S), so wanted to see if anyone else has similar problems?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Feb 15 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever have that issue on the train in London i have zero issues on ee
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Feb 15 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always have 3G, don't get much 4G unless I'm in Bristol but I only live in a small city

Did you get your iPhone 5S when it was brand new out? They had a problem with the receiver or something similar on the bottom of the phone
andy1868

11th Feb 15 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines okay, same phone and provider and I'm in a semi-rural location. I do however have the exact same problem on my work phone which is a Samsung Alpha on 3 really annoying
Reecemac

12th Feb 15 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get 4g almost all of the time except for at work. I'm dead center in the City of London, I blame the tall buildings. Don't even get data in my office.

[Edited on 12-02-2015 by Reecemac]
Dee25790

12th Feb 15 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same I've got a 5s on O2 and Althoygh it's not terrible I don't get 4g all the time sometimes loose 3G too and quite a lot when I'm on the Internet even on 3G/4G it's slow as f*ck!
MarkM

12th Feb 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James mines the same. In liverpool I get 4G all the time. In Manchester when working I have to do the fight mode to get the 3/4G back.
Mad Moe

14th Feb 15 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3G/4G reliability with O2 is so bad in pretty much all of the North East, with the exception of Newcastle City Centre, I've made my mind up to switch to EE at the end of my current contract.
deano87

15th Feb 15 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always struggled with O2 3G on my HTC One S, but I think that was more the phone than anything else.

My Xperia Z3 Compact on EE 4G however is fantastic. Does sometimes do weird things like put people through to voicemail even though I'm not on the phone and have full signal.
Marc

15th Feb 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines always been fine.
JayCarr

23rd Feb 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines always dropping out at work in central London. It's annoying as hell. Does it outside of London too though.

A lot of the time I'll have 3G or 4G showing on the screen, yet nothing will open or load etc so have to put it in flight mode then back out again. That's with O2 on an iPhone 6.
Cavey

24th Feb 15 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only issue on my Z3 compact is in the inbetween areas, where as said, switching between 3g and 4g seems to drop the connection, and then reconnect, rather annoying when listening to iPlayer radio, I could always just sign into a 3g network, but meh, i'll survive

New Poll