corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reliability of 1.0 12v's....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reliability of 1.0 12v's....
Matty W

User status: Offline
25th Apr 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was going down hill, with my foot planted in 5th screaming its plums off
deano87

25th Apr 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had mine for 3 years whilst at Uni. Super reliable and economical.

Clutch, throttle cable, AFM and front springs were all I had to replace.

A few simple fixes usually cure problems i.e. cleaning out breather pipes from revs dropping when pulling up at junctions.
AlunJ

25th Apr 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother's went through a phase of being temperamental with starting and cutting out... it just seemed to self rectify and runs fine now I find them fun to drive in a weird way as they're so challenging to overtake anything
Scotty C

25th Apr 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant AlunJ

Thanks for all the feedback, just put a deposit down on one, as the one I mentioned was sold. This one is a T reg with 73k, with 12 months mot for £540
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
my brother's went through a phase of being temperamental with starting and cutting out... it just seemed to self rectify and runs fine now I find them fun to drive in a weird way as they're so challenging to overtake anything

lmao yeah overtaking does take a bit of 'planning' in them
AlunJ

25th Apr 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother avoids junctions that you have to floor it into
AlunJ

25th Apr 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overtaking - assess if there is a mile long gap in middle lane, drop to third, pray!
DJMartin07

25th Apr 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Was driving my 1.0L 12v for 3 1/2 years and it never broke down once. I never had any real problems with it at all.

Agree, apart from the usual rust spots on them (like all Corsa's), yours run very well, never remember you having any mechanical problems with it. I can't talk on my cars though, but then again I never owned a 1.0l. haha
N3CRO

26th Apr 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
quote:
Was driving my 1.0L 12v for 3 1/2 years and it never broke down once. I never had any real problems with it at all.

Agree, apart from the usual rust spots on them (like all Corsa's), yours run very well, never remember you having any mechanical problems with it. I can't talk on my cars though, but then again I never owned a 1.0l. haha

Was rusty as fuck when I sold it
Don't think its on the road no more though
AlexW

26th Apr 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
I find them fun to drive in a weird way as they're so challenging to overtake anything

I said the same with being fun to drive, You learn to drive without ever braking and carrying more speed into corners. Mine might be a shitter, But its staying with me....... Until it fails the MOT next year.
DJMartin07

26th Apr 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
quote:

Was rusty as fuck when I sold it
Don't think its on the road no more though

Which Corsa isn't dude, i've got my Corsa in the garage having a nice hole welded up as we speak. Plus 3 other problems. Always funny how you go to fix one thing, and find several other problems.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reliability of 1.0 12v's.... 23 database queries in 0.0139351 seconds