corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of an engagement ring?

Poll: Cost of an engagement ring?
Kinder egg toy 6 (8.22%)
Under £50 5 (6.85%)
£51-£100 3 (4.11%)
£101-£200 1 (1.37%)
£201-£500 13 (17.81%)
£501-£1000 7 (9.59%)
£1001-£1500 8 (10.96%)
£1501-£2000 11 (15.07%)
£2001-£5000 11 (15.07%)
By the power of Greyskull! 8 (10.96%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cost of an engagement ring?
Gaz

User status: Offline
29th Jan 15 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the ring she wanted (obviously some time after she blatantly hinted at it). Therefore whether it had been £50 or £50,000 it would still have been the right one.
antnee

29th Jan 15 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent £800, which got a decent sized rock. Although she had a payout from an accident and now has a massive stone which cost around 3k.

Our wedding rings cost less than £150 for the 2 though
RichR
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £2,900 for a custom ring. Learned a lot about diamonds though.
GB123
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't think of a bigger waste of money than spending a few thousand pounds on a piece of jewellery.
Balling
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never understood why the cost should matter.

I bought her the ring I liked the best and thought was most her style. Didn't look at the price on any of them.

Same goes for our wedding bands. We drew up a design we loved and had them made.

Why on earth would you consider the price? Just make sure it looks good and fits. Anything else is completely irrelevant.

Balling
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
I paid £2,900 for a custom ring. Learned a lot about diamonds though.
Like this:
http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/diamond-de-beers-marketing-campaign
???

RichR
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the ring I liked, didn't get an ostentatious sized diamond but got the very highest clarity that I could in my budget - had it independently valued for insurance at more than I paid so doesn't particularly fuss me.
johnny86
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £1000 for hers
ARD1

29th Jan 15 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paid 7.5k for a ring i designed, then she decided it had to many diamonds so we redid her ring and used the shoulder diamonds to put in her wedding band
GB123
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be spending 1500quid at the very tops. She'll prob loose the fucking thing anyway same as any other jewelry I've bought her.
baza31

29th Jan 15 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought one from Sierra Leone off some black dude with whip marks all over his back .

Jambo

29th Jan 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent month and half wages (at time) set a budget and went hunting.

Picked out a 1922 vintage ring that was instantly the one we both wanted. (Bought the ring after proposal)

Didn't spend the whole budget and Mrs negotiated a big discount out of nowhere. So all good.
Andrew

29th Jan 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £400 for the engagement ring.

It's what you are willing or can afford to pay.
N16K

29th Jan 15 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Never understood why the cost should matter.

I bought her the ring I liked the best and thought was most her style. Didn't look at the price on any of them.

This, not married or engaged. Live life without needing numbers or the internet to direct you!
Corsa_Sport21

29th Jan 15 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
I bought the ring she wanted (obviously some time after she blatantly hinted at it). Therefore whether it had been £50 or £50,000 it would still have been the right one.

Exactly what I done. It's the ring she wanted, cost about half a weeks wages, but she was extremely happy. It does look like a more expensive ring than what the price would suggest though.

boylers11

29th Jan 15 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a cheap one with a mahoosive fake diamond in for about £20, as I proposed half way round on a ride at Disneyland Paris and didn't want to risk dropping a real one! When we got home, we went and designed one together, choosing a pink sapphire and a few diamonds.
When the jeweller unrolled a velvet scroll of £50k worth of precious stones to choose from, it's was a very surreal moment!

She only wears it for special occasions, but wears her 7 diamond wedding ring every day.
My eyes watered when I was paying for both, but assuming our health and stuff permits a 50 odd year relationship, it's peanuts in the grand scheme of things, especially for one of the biggest events of yours/her life.

At the end of the day though, price is irrelevant, it's the thought and memories that really count
taylorboosh

29th Jan 15 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid about £500 ish - i still think thats a lot for a fucking ring - the wedding is costing us about £8k which again is a lot of money..... But she wants it so meh - fuck going all mental for one day and a certificate - what a waste....
Russ

29th Jan 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boylers11
I bought a cheap one with a mahoosive fake diamond in for about £20, as I proposed half way round on a ride at Disneyland Paris and didn't want to risk dropping a real one! When we got home, we went and designed one together, choosing a pink sapphire and a few diamonds.
When the jeweller unrolled a velvet scroll of £50k worth of precious stones to choose from, it's was a very surreal moment!

She only wears it for special occasions, but wears her 7 diamond wedding ring every day.
My eyes watered when I was paying for both, but assuming our health and stuff permits a 50 odd year relationship, it's peanuts in the grand scheme of things, especially for one of the biggest events of yours/her life.

At the end of the day though, price is irrelevant, it's the thought and memories that really count
Dee25790

29th Jan 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got engaged at 19 and spent a little over £70 on a ring.. Split A couple of months before we had planned to go to Gretna. No longer with her and made up I didn't spend anymore
boylers11

29th Jan 15 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by boylers11

Lol and by that, I didn't mean I spent £50k! That was all the stones to choose from!
GB123
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way I could marry somebody so materialistic and approval seeking of their family/friends, that they're willing to let me spend thousands of pounds that could be better used for literally anything else than on a piece of rock.

The whole 'creating memories' thing is a load of horse shit too, would be far better off going on holiday with the money if that's what you want.
boylers11

29th Jan 15 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all personal opinion and what you attach sentiment to I guess.

You can go on holiday any time, whereas hopefully you only get married once.

[Edited on 29-01-2015 by boylers11]
spencer88

29th Jan 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 inch.
boylers11

29th Jan 15 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was bigger than that when your Mum last measured it

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of an engagement ring? 25 database queries in 0.2022841 seconds