corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa D 1.4 Misting up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D 1.4 Misting up
Jambo

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 15 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A colleagues Corsa D 1.4 (2011) is misting up lots recently. So much so you regularly have to defrost the inside of the car.

He assures me there are no obvious leaks, panels fit fine, no puddles and pollen filter is brand new.

Anyone know of any common issues with these?
random dav
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say there has to be a leak somewhere. Also if the heaters are on then the surface of the carpets may dry giving the impression its not leaking and underneath may still be wet. Its needs checking after a downpour or using a hosepipe.

WRLFC !

Project cars
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People always complain about this at work. I just tell them to use the air con in the winter. Keeps everything mice and clear.

Problem is people getting in and out of the cars with wet shoes et, de icing, breath etc. Produces a lot of condensation and the moisture never goes away unless the car is used a lot.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Stuart H

25th Jan 15 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 61 plate sri that has the same problem. No leaks etc. only happens really badly in winter as said it's wet shoes that cause it. Pain in the ass.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 15 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wet stuff in the car is enough, heaters on with the window down a bit is a good approach. Dehumidifier overnight is the best news if he has access to one.
Munchie

26th Jan 15 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I normally put dehumidifier in car overnight to remove the additional moisture. just put the rear seats down and stand the machine in the boot

New Poll