corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Idling controls itself

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Idling controls itself
Morsh

User status: Offline
   6th Jan 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there

I am a newbie here, just registered. My Opel corsa Utility 1.8 Sport of 2008 model, at times it revs itself up while its just idling without me pressing the accelerator, at times when i'm on the road, i put the gear on neutral while its in motion and release the clutch pedal, instead of the rev count(needle) coming down to the normal idling, the needle hangs on 2 instead of below 1 were its normal idling is. Its frustrating me and it looks to me like the fuel consumption is very high.

I appreciate any idea in advance

Thank you
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 15 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clutch part sounds to me as if the clutch is slipping.

dont know if that will be the problem with it revving on its own though
--ToM--

6th Jan 15 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the clutch part of it was anything to do with it which it doesn't sound like it does it would be dragging not slipping from his description, two totally different things, plus he said when he puts it into neutral and let's clutch out the revs are still idling high, ain't gona slip in neutral !

Sounds to me like icv, cold start, tps, air leak kind of thing something's making it idle high hence when dipping clutch it's not settling down to normal idle it's holding on at 2k

Any eml?

[Edited on 06-01-2015 by --ToM--]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt see the neutral part somehow. it wont be clutch then

New Poll