corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Quick boring banking question - Regular Savings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick boring banking question - Regular Savings
kz

User status: Offline
5th Jan 15 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yawn

I started my first ever Regular Savings account last year and just forgot about it whilst it worked it's magic. It's now reached it's 12 month period so I logged in to see what interest I got! Surprisingly to me it's just sitting there doing nothing... it hasn't moved to my normal account (or created a new one) and no interest has been applied. I'm with HSBC and their website states:

At the end of 12 months we'll transfer your account balance into your Instant Access Savings, Flexible Saver or Premier Savings. If you have more than one of these accounts we'll pay your savings into the account which pays the best interest. And if you don't have any of these accounts, we'll convert your Regular Saver to a Flexible Saver

Going to give it one more week to see if anything happens, then I'll call them... but just wondering what other peoples experiences have been? Thanks.
Generation

5th Jan 15 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for them.

You should receive a letter when the 12 months period finished. I'm assuming it's a regular saver with Max of £250 a month in it?
kz

9th Jan 15 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this is where my thread disappeared to lol, what has banking got to do with properties

Anyway, I contacted HSBC in the end and it turns out it's one month after the final payment that things start to happen, i.e. money is moved to another part of your account and the interest is applied... fingers crossed!

New Poll