corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today?

New Poll
  <<  111    112    113    114    115    116    117  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What have you done to your car today?
Norcy91

User status: Offline
14th Nov 16 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Gone and purchased some winter tyres! First frost this morning and it was quite interesting driving with Super Sports all round. First time I've ever purchased winter tyres!

Which winter tyres have you gone for? I could do with some for my 130i!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 16 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
Gone and purchased some winter tyres! First frost this morning and it was quite interesting driving with Super Sports all round. First time I've ever purchased winter tyres!

I went for the Pirelli SottoZero, about £600 for a set
Ben G

15th Nov 16 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Do you live in the alps?
Norcy91

15th Nov 16 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I went for the Pirelli SottoZero, about £600 for a set

Ouch! I thought it was bad enough for me when I priced some Avon winters up at £320! they do seem to last a few years though with them not being used all year round
3CorsaMeal

15th Nov 16 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been out in the fiesta, its a great car, can imagine the ST is fantastic. Glad i got the 1.0 though.

Now i can concentrate on the corrado, audi was becoming s ballache and spent about £2k+ on it in the last few months and it still needed more doing to it imo

Jed D

15th Nov 16 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Jed hows project hammerite coming?

its not tbh, barley touched it, been buying few odds and sods though. working too much to touch it

Jed D

15th Nov 16 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not really an amazing deal. It's about right..scrap value

be cheaper than your monthly payments though
taylorboosh

16th Nov 16 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That seat is cool as fuck, always wondered on their comforthough
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not really an amazing deal. It's about right..scrap value

be cheaper than your monthly payments though

What monthly payments?
3CorsaMeal

16th Nov 16 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

child support for that kid you had with the Spanish girls
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:

Do you live in the alps?

Its not just snow that winter tyres help with. It helps when the temperature drops as well
Robin
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear people who say 'winter tyres are a waste of money' haven't ever tried them.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Jed hows project hammerite coming?

its not tbh, barley touched it, been buying few odds and sods though. working too much to touch it

What happened with the one you attacked with an angle grinder?
A.J

16th Nov 16 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Winter tyres are brilliant. I used to be one of those people that called my mates pussys for having them when we only get like an inch of snow if we're lucky lol. But since having a set myself I can see I was clearly missing out.
Ben G

17th Nov 16 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I swear people who say 'winter tyres are a waste of money' haven't ever tried them.

Had mine 4.5 years and not once have I needed winter tyres. Maybe I have one of those super rare BMW'S which don't crash everytime it goes around a bend?
Robin
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a difference between not needing them and them not being better.

There's also a difference between 260bhp and 500bhp.
Ben G

17th Nov 16 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a friend in work who regularly brings his v10 m5 in on a mix of rainsport/continental tyres. He seems to manage fine.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, all the industry testing must be wrong.
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you live in the alps?

Serious question....

I've never had winter tyres either, taking my Leon to the alps in February for a skiing holiday... Should I invest?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Had mine 4.5 years and not once have I needed winter tyres. Maybe I have one of those super rare BMW'S which don't crash everytime it goes around a bend?

I get Robins point here Ben. You don't run your Z4 on Linglongs or Fulda tyres do you? You don't need your Vredestein or Goodyear etc, but they're better than the Linglongs.

Winter tyres are the same.
GB123
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Serious question....

I've never had winter tyres either, taking my Leon to the alps in February for a skiing holiday... Should I invest?

I don't know about winter tyres but it's a legal requirement to have snow chains in your car with you in case you need them there
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Serious question....

I don't know about winter tyres but it's a legal requirement to have snow chains in your car with you in case you need them there

Crikey good shout. According to the AA in Italy, winter tyres are mandatory and chains need to be carried. Didnt even know those rules existed!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
GB123
Premium Member

17th Nov 16 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure if winter tyres were compulsory or not but I knew you could be fined if you didn't carry chains, especially if you're in a British car they're more likely to check I imagine
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Nov 16 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand why people get winter tyres. It's like the debates we used to have here over winter wheels (which would usually be fitted with "summer" tyres)

I imagine this is similar for Ben but Living in southern England we won't really need tyres for winter as we have only had laying snow about 5 times since I passed my test in 2005! Goodyear Eagle F1 with their excellent wet weather grip are fine for me all winter.

If I lived up north with shitter weather, colder winters and more hills it would be a different story I'm sure.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DaveyLC

18th Nov 16 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People fit winter tyres so they can talk about it on the Owners Clubs...

Where's the wanker emoji when you need it?

<<  111    112    113    114    115    116    117  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today? 23 database queries in 0.0410838 seconds