corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today?

New Poll
  <<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What have you done to your car today?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
14th Oct 16 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not sell dash?
Generation

14th Oct 16 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damaged.
RichRu

15th Oct 16 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
How you getting on with it ant?

Yeah spot on matey still plodding away with it, under the arches looks mint now with all the new parts etc. Managed to source more rare GM parts too, How's yours?

[Edited on 14-10-2016 by anthcorsa]

U know how to find the rare parts don't ya lol ain't really touched it..took it for MOT last week I'm going to be taking the speedlines off and putting the originals back on then ill be looking at selling it after Christmas..I've got something else in mind and don't have the room for this..I might change my mind but that's my plan ATM lol
anthcorsa

15th Oct 16 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I check eBay all the time for stuff. Ah mate that sucks, hope ya end up keeping it like, should you sell the speedlines I may be tempted to buy them from you. yours is a decent example too tbh so you should see a good price for it
boylers11

16th Oct 16 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needed to tidy the garage today, so gave it a quick start up

https://youtu.be/A3v2eQ1JXOA
Shelly
Premium Member

17th Oct 16 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
Just a nice touch to finish off a bay

Have you done anything to your engine bay or is it standard? Really nice colour purple that

It's on the list of things I need to do over the winter.

Engine bay, RARB, spacers and I want a Dap splitter from Regal

http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/RSS_DAP_Front_Splitter_for_Astra_H_VXR.html

[Edited on 17-10-2016 by Shelly]
Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a front wing off ebay to replace my damaged one. Turned up with the edges bent out of shape. Fucking idiot couriers.

First undamaged one to come up for sale for months, and they fucking damaged it

[Edited on 17-10-2016 by Ben G]
Ian W

17th Oct 16 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Bought a front wing off ebay to replace my damaged one. Turned up with the edges bent out of shape. Fucking idiot couriers.

First undamaged one to come up for sale for months, and they fucking damaged it

[Edited on 17-10-2016 by Ben G]

Seller probably should have packed it better, it's not like couriers not giving a shit is a new thing.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Oct 16 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won a track day, booked the track day.

Going to take the M5 on Silverstone GP
Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah this is exactly what I was worried about and even messaged the seller beforehand to make sure it would arrive dent free.

There was only a bit of bubble wrap and cardboard on the edges. Surely as a seller sending fragile car parts through the post, you'd make sure your £120 item isn't going to get damaged in transit?

Oh well, looks like they'll have to sort it out. Paid via PayPal and on my credit card, so should be covered.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Oct 16 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter how well you pack stuff, the courier will find a way to fuck it. I've got a headlight just come back, didn't even get as far as being exported as it must have already been rattling in the box by the time it got to the airport. And they look like pillows when they're in the box. I don't post panels these days.
Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's a market for perfectionist couriers tbh.

Bought a full interior a while ago, £375. Turned up on a pallet, very well packaged, no damage despite coming from the Scottish Highlands.

This one was from Doncaster. 30 stone bloke delivered it and clearly tried to eat it

Couple of pics:

What a waste of a good panel.
JayCarr

17th Oct 16 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few last minute checks before a trackday tomorrow

Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

17th Oct 16 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I think there's a market for perfectionist couriers tbh.

Bought a full interior a while ago, £375. Turned up on a pallet, very well packaged, no damage despite coming from the Scottish Highlands.

This one was from Doncaster. 30 stone bloke delivered it and clearly tried to eat it

Couple of pics:

What a waste of a good panel.

That's shitty. Is that a wing for the z4?
Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
Generation

18th Oct 16 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I scrapped car with all panels aprt frommbonnet. Seller ends up with nothing but grief. Shut for you but at least you're covered. Can't you just get debts in yoirs removed and sprayed?
RichRu

18th Oct 16 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
This is why I scrapped car with all panels aprt frommbonnet. Seller ends up with nothing but grief. Shut for you but at least you're covered. Can't you just get debts in yoirs removed and sprayed?

I've probly missed something but Why you ended up breaking your car mate?
Ben G

18th Oct 16 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Possibly, but the dent is on the diagonal swage line, so would be hard work to get it perfect.

Raised a dispute through eBay after back and forth contact with the seller and ever since I've had no reply whatsoever. Very odd behaviour.

The seller is a big breakers company, so not some one man band. Not quite sure what's going on, but they have until the 26th October to reply.
Generation

19th Oct 16 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my birthday fyi
Generation

19th Oct 16 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichRu
quote:
This is why I scrapped car with all panels apart from bonnet. Seller ends up with nothing but grief. Shit for you, but at least you're covered. Can't you just get dents in yoirs removed and sprayed?

I've probly missed something but Why you ended up breaking your car mate?

Bought a new car, old car worth more in parts
JM_16v

19th Oct 16 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a power commander 3 for the Rush
Ben G

19th Oct 16 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulled out the headlight control switch to see what I can do to make it black instead of grey.

Weirdly, the mileage is recorded in this unit and causes a tamper dot in the speedo if replaced without coding, so i need to mate a Facelift black front with my pre-facelift rear.

Looks easy, but contains an electrical board within the front casing. No doubt I'll break this
A.J

19th Oct 16 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Locked my keys in it
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Oct 16 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maintenance.

I read on a forum message board upon the world wide web that these 1.9 CDTi engines have a habit of gunking themselves up a tad, and that some bits can be cleaned out to improve operations, so decided to have a go.

Firstly - what is referred to as the Boost Sensor - removed and found reet ganky, so cleaned out/off;

Secondly - EGR can also get reet ganky, so whipped that off to check over/action if needed - not that bad but gave it a clean out whilst it was off, including removing the solenoid;

Generally a clean engine bay, even under the covers - pretty impressed with that if I'm totally honest.

Thirdly - been getting a droning noise, like a buggered wheel bearing. Decided to look at the hubs to identify the variant I would need (you get the Hub assy when you replace them so need the correct ABS connection) and found another issue which is most likely the cause of the noise rather than the wheel bearing...

Inner CV boot has split, grease all over the close vicinity of it. No idea how long it's been like it, so will get a whole Driveshaft assy to swap out instead once I identify the Gearbox exactly as it could be an M32 or F40...

Also, signs of some play in front ARB bushes so will pick a pair up. May also do the Shock Top Mounts too as they are also cheap.

<<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today? 22 database queries in 0.0431368 seconds