corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Rob_Quads

User status: Offline
27th Jul 15 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed - It wasn't Ricciardo that drove up behind Nico which is normally the situation that causes these sorts of incidents, Nico pulled across him before he was clear of the him.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 15 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorting out a million pics from 4 different cameras but will post up my report from Budapest in the next day or so, was a proper good weekend

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Jul 15 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Sorting out a million pics from 4 different cameras but will post up my report from Budapest in the next day or so, was a proper good weekend

Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 15 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got distracted by my wedding will sort it this weekend

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Aug 15 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally will get round to this, no more excuses!

I visited Budapest for the Grand Prix this year, arriving mid-day on Friday with 4 mates. Two of which are F1 virgins but the other two have travelled with me previously.

Budapest is a cracking city, and we'd pre-decided not to rush to the circuit for FP2 but to chill in the city and enjoy the F1 from Saturday. This meant we missed the Force India falling apart

We were staying in a rented apartment right on the river, so walking distance of the town. I'd thoroughly recommend skipping through the full photo album here: https://goo.gl/photos/4wtznGHzSekvmYqD6 That way I don't have to clog up an F1 thread with pictures of buildings.

The Album above is a consolidation from 5 cameras, some of them better than others. Mine are from the Powershot SX700 and are prefixed with KT- in the filename if interested.

The city didn't seem to be "captured" by F1 like Milan and Austin were, closer to Spa - in that it felt like nothing was going on.

Onto Saturday, we got a car to pick us up and drop us off - arranged by the owners of the apartment we stayed in. This came to about £100 per day for all 5 of us which was much preferred to standing on a sticky bus when it's 40 degrees outside...

The driver also remained at the circuit all day in the carpark to avoid queuing to pick us up

This is a view from our seats early on Saturday, sat at the final turn we had good visibility of the start/finish straight, the final complex and part of the back straight... oh and two massive TV screens for good measure.

Some spy shots...

Some GP3

Lewis cruising into the pits during FP3

FloViz!

Qualifying was excellent, Lewis visibly so much faster than anybody else and clearly had a much pointier car than Nico. Lewis was able to hug the apex on the final turn so well, yet still seemed to carry speed whereas the rest of the field would take a wider line to carry speed.

Good old 'Nando though

Predictably our boy nailed it

GP2 race was a hoot:

Weird title sponser...

Hoped we'd be hearing more of that anthem tomorrow.....

Back in Budapest, we had a plan to stalk out the fancy hotels for photos - but it was proper pissing it down, so we found a Belgian bar and got absolutely shitfaced.

Me back at the apartment at about 2am wondering how the fuck I was going to get up and enjoy the race in the morning

Fortunately I woke up fine, and felt fine - shame Lewis wasn't drinking at the same place we were, as it seems his Saturday night didn't go quite so well...

Fans lining the gates waiting to see drivers through windows, we didn't...

We did however see a Helicopter hovering about 30 feet about its pad, struggling in the wind - and inside were the BBC crew with Suzy whats her face taking a photo of us all on her phone. Checked her instagram later to see if we made a feature, I don't think we did. EJ was there though looking like a hovering cunt as usual.

GP3 Race first up, some good racing:

Then it was kebab time

I'm guessing these dudes got TV time at some stage?!

Whilst munching down the breakfast kebab, I noticed the commentary boxes were all right above the food places!

One of my Texas Sky mates came out and we called him down to find out if the guys were in town that night, but no - they were due to fly out straight after coverage finished so there would be no Sky drinking tonight

Next up, the Porsches - always make for good racing and today was no exception.

Driver parade:

Love you Lewis <3

How rammed is that pit straight...

These finnish dudes at first were funny.

It did however turn out they were complete cocks. They had the "finnish, look at how much we're drinking" look down to a tee, except they just nursed one can all the way through the race - then started throwing half full cans around the grandstand when Kimi retired. Only "football fan" type behaviour I've ever seen at a Grand Prix.

Race on!

What can I say, you all know the result but it was such a rollercoaster to watch through. When we saw the onboard shots of Lewis in the gravel, I had no idea where he was on circuit and had no idea if he was sliding straight towards the tyres or if he had chance to get back on circuit. Once back on track, I soon started feeling better, he was visibly faster than the field and we got to see almost all of his moves setup on "our" corner, infact he was side by side on a few people during the corner before the DRS even started.

When he got into the place behind Nico, I started timing the gap between Seb, Kimi, Nico and Lewis and Lewis was properly reeling them in. He made 2sec per lap on them all at one stage.

Just as he started levelling and even losing on time - what I perceived to be the perfect event happened. Safety Car At first it was a VSC which I was cursing, but as soon as the LCD displays trackside switched to SC, I was thinking straight of a Lewis win again.

Nico's pace had been weird, and even reading the post-race comments etc, it still didn't make much sense. He was slow as fuck on the primes, and still went option prime prime instead of switching back to options at the end. Apparently he only had eyes on Lewis so simply wanted to match Lewis' mandatory prime selection at the end. The boy could have easily won that race in that car on options.

Anyway, SC leading the full field through the pits was novel.

Race on, let's win this Lewis!

Oh wait, this doesn't look good

Things went from hopeful to disaster again for us Lewis fans, jesus - what a day. Then the most beautiful site ever, and the ONLY time all weekend Nico got any noise from any of the croud.

The croud erupted in cheers and laughs

Well deserved lad, couldn't fault him at all. Great driving on the first lap and didn't put a foot wrong after that.

We got down onto the circuit to catch the end of the podium interviews and to go do some garage stalking...

Went into Budapest that night for some celeb stalking but came up dry, most it seems flew straight out after the race. Our big chance was Saturday night, and the rain blew that for us.

In Budapest airport I had a couple of sightings though, Fischi going down an escalator

Guessed which gate he was headed for (only one flight to Italy within the hour, to Rome) so legged it for that gate, but it was one of those gates that had you loaded onto a bus - and he was gone.

Then, on my way back to the group I spotted a familiar face at Costa. Proper long shot to call it a celeb encounter but to an F1 nerd he's up there with Martin Brundle & Co - he just doesn't get much TV time.

Motorsport Magazine editor Mark Hughes!

Had a nice chat with him, very friendly bloke and had some great insight into the weekend.

That just about covers it, please feel free to skip through the proper album - got it down to 500 pics after removing most duplications and picking the better shots of the cars etc. We had a bit of a circuit wander during FP3 too so there are some shots from other angles.

Nothing booked yet for next year, might have to be a year off - but I doubt it somehow.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

13th Aug 15 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great pics Kyle - really want to go to F1 next year

Thinking Austria as my dad lives in Vienna
Mad Moe

13th Aug 15 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at the Hungaroring when Lewis won in 2013, my first ever GP and probably the most memorable trip I have ever been on, Budapest is definitely one of the stunning and friendly cities I have ever been to.

We're seriously thinking about Spa next year but had heard that there's very little to do outside of the circuit, that wouldn't really bother most of us but there's a couple who crave a proper night night!

[Edited on 13-08-2015 by Mad Moe]
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Aug 15 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Whitter, Austria is certainly on my short list - scenery is stunning.

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I was at the Hungaroring when Lewis won in 2013, my first ever GP and probably the most memorable trip I have ever been on, Budapest is definitely one of the stunning and friendly cities I have ever been to.

We're seriously thinking about Spa next year but had heard that there's very little to do outside of the circuit, that wouldn't really bother most of us but there's a couple who crave a proper night night!

[Edited on 13-08-2015 by Mad Moe]

Yeah Spa is dead, it's like there's nothing going on which is weird as F1 puts that place on the map really It's a town with a pizza place, a chinese and a couple of other restaurants. We went as a group of 11 if I remember right, and rented a massive creepy house with about 9 bedrooms, we had a right laugh on supermarket crates but really nowhere to go other than that.

Spa is a massive camping GP, so the good atmosphere is to be had at the campsites if you're into that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 15 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the ring then set a day aside to do spa, it's not far away
Mad Moe

13th Aug 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I had heard it was very much a camping GP, me and a couple of the lads really fancy hiring a big motor home and making it a bit of a road trip but if that doesn't materialize I suspect we'll end up somewhere like Monza or Catalunya
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Aug 15 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm camping at Spa this year My first GP so hoping for a decent result! Set off a week today.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

13th Aug 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched the 2014 British Grand Prix last night. Loved it. Really sad listening to an interview with Jules Bianchi poor guy.
Rick Draper

19th Aug 15 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell has Kimi kept his seat for next season!
whitter45

19th Aug 15 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My guess would be because no one is available that Ferrari really want
Tiger

19th Aug 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Bottas was looking good for a Ferrari seat.
tom130691
Premium Member

21st Aug 15 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too expensive to take bottas this yer
Mad Moe

21st Aug 15 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate Maldonado brings a load of money to the team but surely it must be outweighed by the cost of all these crashes now!
Ben G

21st Aug 15 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next page please, kyles photos have messed me phone up again.
Ben G

And again
Ben G

And again
Cole

21st Aug 15 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cole

21st Aug 15 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope
Cole

21st Aug 15 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here we go
Cole

bugger
Cole

oh I give up

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0296471 seconds