corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Gardening "rules"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gardening "rules"
--ToM--

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 14 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically my house is the end house of a row of 3 of the same style house so has extra land compared to the other two so to the left of it I have a larger garage and a kind of "second" front lawn then a sandstone wall which on the other side is some swanky flats with landscaped gardens etc

Iv not long moved here so sllthough tidying up the majorly overgrown front garden massively it still isn't totally perfect and I have only concentrated on areas nearer to the house so the "second lawn" had been left for now while I concentrate on the inside , anyway the missus came out today to find the swanky flats gardener in our garden ripping ivy off the sandstone wall admittedly it was growing over the top of the wall onto their side but I'm under the impression he is allowed to cut it upto the wall and that's it not enter my garden without asking then proceed to rip it all off my wall and then fuck off and leave a big pile of shit for me to clear which now makes my front look even more untidy than it did before lol

Therefore I have launched it all back over the wall and am awaiting someone coming to tell me off for it,

If he had knocked and said I'm going to rip it off is that ok I would of chucked him a few quid and asked him to get rid of it Aswell I'm just not happy that he did it without asking and entered my garden without asking and left me with a mess

Am I in the wrong throwing it back? Or well within my rights?
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Nov 14 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have done the same. Go find a old couch and washing machine and stick them in your garden. That'll teach em
Ben G

3rd Nov 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he shouldn't be touching anything that's on your property.

Perfectly fine to cut stuff back that's hanging over.

Glad you threw it all back over. The guy sounds like a right knob.

Why did your missus not say anything?
Andrew

3rd Nov 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a management company that deal with the flats gardening. You need to be contacting them.

I would be pissed off if i come home to a pile of bushes on the front garden that i have been paying a management company to trim.
--ToM--

3rd Nov 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one !! My plan was to remove the ivy at some point anyway and tidy it up properly but only got the house 4 months ago and with our first baby due in 2 months inside has been a priority I just don't get why he didn't nock to check I would of said it was fine aslong as he got rid, when I moved in I had a big fire in the back garden in a oil drum to burn a load of garden waste that was left by previous owner and I nocked next door to tell them they were fine.

The missus is really shy and timid lol she wouldn't of dared say anything apparently when she came out the front door he walked off and sat in his van then obviously once she had driven off came back and finished his mess off !
--ToM--

3rd Nov 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pik you can see the ivy in the background basically it was all ripped off and left in a pile where my bmw is parked in this picture! (I sometimes park it on the grass to get the cav in and out the garage)

And another one I took when I chopped some of the overgrown conifer tree away so it wasn't blocking half the driveway off anymore!! But you can see how much of it there is!! Quiete pissed off really as the wall underneath isn't very pretty due to him ripping the roots out it's pulled loads of sandstone out

Brett
Premium Member

4th Nov 14 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's fair enough tbh if you're making the area look a state. He's done most of the work for you.
Rob_Quads

4th Nov 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that if its your tree that is over hanging then he has the right to cut it back and its your responsibility to get rid of it.
Ben G

4th Nov 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not on about the tree, he's on about the ivy on the wall.
whitter45

4th Nov 14 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if i was your neighbour I would have done the same - maybe not up rooted the ivy but certainly cuts it right back so it wasn't even on top of the wall

He has done you a favor IMO as ivy is horrible so I would be wanting rid anyway
--ToM--

4th Nov 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How am I making it a state? As I said in my first post iv been tidying the garden up that picture with bits off tree everywhere is one of my "before, halfway through and after" piks I started the job took all the cuttings to the tip the same day and left the garden looking better than it did before.

I also understand the ivy looks shit and as iv allready said its on my list of jobs to do but isn't a priority one my problem was entering my property and ripping it down without asking and then leaving it all over the grass so I cannot take it to the tip untill the weekend therefore leaving my land looking worse than it did before. Should of just nocked and asked if it was ok to do it IMO

I'll see if I can find a pik of when I first got the house just to show you guys
--ToM--

4th Nov 14 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was when I got the keys lol and it even tidier now than the above piks do I'm certainly not making a mess

Breathecosse

4th Nov 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Am I in the wrong throwing it back? Or well within my rights?

He does have a right under common law to cut back overhanging foilage that encroaching upon his property provided that he does not go over the boundary between his land and your. However, He should discuss this with you beforehand to avoid claims of damage and perhaps seek a written agreement that he was allowed to cut the overhanging Ivy. As the ivy belongs to the land on which they originally grew; He has to return anything he cuts back to you unless he has agreed beforehand to dispose of it.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Nov 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
How am I making it a state?

Maybe the wrong words to use I just pictured some overgrown horrible looking growth that's bothered someone enough to trim it back. I've had problems with other peoples gardens growing through the fence into mine before because they can't be assed maintaining there's and it really bugs the shit out of me
--ToM--

4th Nov 14 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha I get what you mean, this house had been left for ages so when I got the keys it was majorly overgrown as you can see and inside was even more horrible!! Slowly getting there! Spent a weekend trimming tree and grass to make the front a bit more presentable as all the other houses in the road look really nice lol, annoyed me when he just left a load of crap all over the grass although it doesn't look very nice still, it's 100 times better than it was lol
spencer88

5th Nov 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
There will be a management company that deal with the flats gardening. You need to be contacting them.

I would be pissed off if i come home to a pile of bushes on the front garden that i have been paying a management company to trim.

Not necessarily.

There 'could' be a management company in place if all of the flats are leasehold and there is an owner of the ground lease who has hired a management company. That is also if the garden is communal.

If the flats are privately owned with one of them with the freehold, management company less likely.

New Poll