corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » (Finally) Changing light fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author (Finally) Changing light fitting
Doug

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 14 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, following on from my original thread: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=665814

I have actually bought a new light
http://www.johnlewis.com/belid-arc-led-pendant-sand/p231741879

When I opened up the box, the instructions are somewhat lacking.

The 'rose' part:

Then I have these bits in a bag:

Should I assume that the hook attaches to the plastic 'thing' that the wire is looped around inside the rose; and the other bit gets screwed into the ceiling somewhere?

Apparently the cord is adjustable. I assume that I just pull it through and loop it up within the rose and secure it with the plastic 'thing' that it also hangs from?

I figured that the more knowledge I have in advance of getting the step ladder out, the better.
Ben G

2nd Nov 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hook is for the ceiling, which that plastic thing (ceiling rose) sits on. Someones wrote a review and said it.

[Edited on 02-11-2014 by Ben G]
Dom

2nd Nov 14 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also assume that the bracket screws to ceiling and then the light/rose is held up with the metal hook and plastic cable clip.

And yes, you should be able to shorten (assuming that's what you're doing) the cable length by pulling it through the rose and 'locking' it with the cable clip.
If need be, cut the cable if there's too much to keep within the rose.

New Poll