corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Total Vauxhall

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Total Vauxhall
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Oct 14 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not having a go but I sent them an email to see if I could get my cavalier in the magazine and got this reply

I could be wrong but i thought the magazine was for vauxhalls not just tuned vauxhalls ?

Surley they would do better if they featured all the cars not just highly modified ones ?
SVM 286

24th Oct 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The name of the mag should be a bit of a give away.

Surely they should feature the entire gamut with a name like that.

Either that or rename themselves as 'Extensively Tuned Vauxhall Monthly' or similar.
taylorboosh

24th Oct 14 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id message practical performance car or similar
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find most car mags just want bagged cars with a full show interior and that's it nowa days.
Find it sad as something as mint as yours, which you don't exactly see many of, miss the chance to get a spread while other shitty cars get in there all the time.
davegreen
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is very difficult to get a car featured. took me 3 years of badgering, emails, letters, photo's, shows, etc to get my corsa featured.
the car has to stand out from the rest by a long way, although some of the recent feature cars have been lacking in that. another zlet corsa c or astra vxr that's had a map
TV has lost its way since the early days.
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reply

Dans reply

In fairness he did reply to me politely
taylorboosh

25th Oct 14 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for a classic car mag
johnny86
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think total vauxhall are cunts tbh.
Jarkle

25th Oct 14 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I think total vauxhall are cunts tbh.

What, because we wouldn't feature a car? Seems like a massive overreaction to me.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 14 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you've got an email alert set up Jamie
Generation

25th Oct 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to say, I agree with TV on this.

Your car is lovely and is in lovely condition and I respect that.

However if I was walking past and saw it featured it wouldn't tempt ME. Yes it's xlean, and done to a high stanadard, but unless I'm mistaken it's standard, that just doesn't excite the majority of people out there.
taylorboosh

25th Oct 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like a feature on it - not a cover car though
jamied

25th Oct 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Got to say, I agree with TV on this.

Your car is lovely and is in lovely condition and I respect that.

However if I was walking past and saw it featured it wouldn't tempt ME. Yes it's xlean, and done to a high stanadard, but unless I'm mistaken it's standard, that just doesn't excite the majority of people out there.

Have to agree with you on this
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 14 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also have to consider whether an advertiser is tempted by a mag whose feature cars are a labour of love inside a bodyshop for months fitted with in the most part, standard parts.

I might be talking shit but I would think aftermarket and tuning products have to be present to some extent in order to attract that type of reader.

I love a resto as much as the next man, but there's a limited business case for it.
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is personal preference really, the cavalier isn't standard but it's close to standard in my eyes it's how a cavalier should be done.
It's lowered all round on koni shocks and springs
Laguna splitter
Bailey dump valve
And wind deflectors
Fair enough it isn't a 400bhp monster or whatever but to me I thought it was bob on.
I think the point is made though on what needs to be a feature car.
Doesn't really fuss me in all honesty I love the car how it is and will keep it as it is I've my corsas to keep me busy
Jambo

25th Oct 14 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a lovely car, but I am not surprised they do not want to feature it.

Maybe if they did a Cav turbo special and needed a resto one.
Jarkle

25th Oct 14 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one thing that I want to make clear is that this isn't a personal slight, and we recognise that it's a lovely example of a great car. As Dan's already covered though, we need to try to appeal to the majority, and the majority want modified feature cars. That's also why ZLET Corsa Cs get featured - we get a couple submitted each and every week so they're obviously very popular - we'd be insane not to feature them.

That's not to say we won't feature a restored Vauxhall, but it does have to have had some tuning work as well. (The Arden Blue Firenza on the cover of the September issue is a good example)
I'm so happy to listen to any suggestions and put them to Dan (I'm a freelancer now, so don't have any active control over what goes in), but there really is no need for childish insults and name calling.
Cheers, Jamie
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss the slightly older TV Days where the staff weren't so fussed about whether they featured either Standard cars or Modified ones. They would have been all over this TBH.

Also, the magazine is getting pretty dull nowadays. I flick through them, not really reading much now, and I've been buying them monthly since 2006.

There isn't any harm in chucking Standard/Restored models every couple of issues - it'd do the magazine favours IMO.

It's now very 'samey' just like going to PVS or similar. Astra VXR, Corsa VXR, Coilovers, set of 3SDMs blah blah. Yawn.

[Edited on 25-10-2014 by djgritt]
Jarkle

25th Oct 14 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I miss the slightly older TV Days where the staff weren't so fussed about whether they featured either Standard cars or Modified ones. They would have been all over this TBH.

Also, the magazine is getting pretty dull nowadays. I flick through them, not really reading much now, and I've been buying them monthly since 2006.

There isn't any harm in chucking Standard/Restored models every couple of issues - it'd do the magazine favours IMO.

It's now very 'samey' just like going to PVS or similar. Astra VXR, Corsa VXR, Coilovers, set of 3SDMs blah blah. Yawn.

[Edited on 25-10-2014 by djgritt]

TV has always majored on tuned Vauxhalls, that's how it's been since the very start. The truth is that we actually feature a far greater variety of Vauxhalls now than we ever did five or six years ago, especially the older stuff. Seriously, there would've been no way in hell we'd have been able to get away with a Firenza, a Manta or something similarly old school on the cover 'back in the day.'
The magazine isn't all '3SDMs and VXRs,' not by a long way. Comments like that a frustrating as it's just not true; scan through some issues from the last year, you'll see Novas, Cavaliers, Mantas, Mk1 Astras and lots more on the cover – they outweigh the VXRs in fact!
--ToM--

26th Oct 14 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Total vauxhall guys were spot on with me, if I'm totally honest I didn't think they would be interested in my car (let mk2 cav) but a mate suggested it so I asked the question and a week later it was being photod ended up with around 8 pages iirc I was made up, also at the time it was less modified than it is now Aswell

Only thing I can fault is that I got picked to the post for the "main" front cover car by a Vxr haha but was still on the front

Also got tickets to Pvs this year so thanks again guys
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Oct 14 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder how long the mag will last now Future have sold it, will we even get a PVS 2015? Since that was a Future event. I can't knock any of the cars in the mag, at the moment.
LukesCorsaSXi

29th Oct 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Tuned' cars. This months episode features a 1.2 Corsa B. Massively tuned that mate.
Nic Barnes

29th Oct 14 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they wont feature my vw t4 either. i know the pain.
scoob
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about an astra 150cdti x pack with a working gear box. Rare as fuck
andy_mk3

1st Nov 14 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should change the name to Total VXR

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Total Vauxhall 22 database queries in 0.1904929 seconds