corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Total Vauxhall

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Total Vauxhall
Warren G

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 14 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
it is very difficult to get a car featured. took me 3 years of badgering, emails, letters, photo's, shows, etc to get my corsa featured.
the car has to stand out from the rest by a long way, although some of the recent feature cars have been lacking in that. another zlet corsa c or astra vxr that's had a map
TV has lost its way since the early days.

Im glad it wasnt just me, It took me 2 years

Ignored emails, in the end I just kept emailing them until I got a reply
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
it is very difficult to get a car featured. took me 3 years of badgering, emails, letters, photo's, shows, etc to get my corsa featured.
the car has to stand out from the rest by a long way, although some of the recent feature cars have been lacking in that. another zlet corsa c or astra vxr that's had a map
TV has lost its way since the early days.

Im glad it wasnt just me, It took me 2 years

Ignored emails, in the end I just kept emailing them until I got a reply

having said this, I showed Jamie my latest car, the z22se supercharged corsa c at PVS this year and he keeps asking how long before they can feature it. "not until its closer to being finished" is my answer.
so maybe they are a bit better than a few years back.
MatthewR

2nd Nov 14 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
It is personal preference really, the cavalier isn't standard but it's close to standard in my eyes it's how a cavalier should be done.
It's lowered all round on koni shocks and springs
Laguna splitter
Bailey dump valve
And wind deflectors
Fair enough it isn't a 400bhp monster or whatever but to me I thought it was bob on.
I think the point is made though on what needs to be a feature car.
Doesn't really fuss me in all honesty I love the car how it is and will keep it as it is I've my corsas to keep me busy

A lowered Cav with wind deflectors and a legauna splitter would not tempt me to buy a mag tbh mate.
steve_turbo

2nd Nov 14 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I emailed about my Saab powered MK3 astra GSI and got a reply within days saying they would love to feature it!! I'm now in contact with the photographer so when it's all finished he will come do the full feature.
They couldn't of been more helpful to be honest I just need to pull my finger out and get the car finished and ready for the feature.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
quote:
It is personal preference really, the cavalier isn't standard but it's close to standard in my eyes it's how a cavalier should be done.
It's lowered all round on koni shocks and springs
Laguna splitter
Bailey dump valve
And wind deflectors
Fair enough it isn't a 400bhp monster or whatever but to me I thought it was bob on.
I think the point is made though on what needs to be a feature car.
Doesn't really fuss me in all honesty I love the car how it is and will keep it as it is I've my corsas to keep me busy

A lowered Cav with wind deflectors and a legauna splitter would not tempt me to buy a mag tbh mate.

Me neither.

If it was COMPLETELY standard and immaculate, yes, it might be worth a feature but a lightly modified car really isn't.
taylorboosh

2nd Nov 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would buy it to read about that - but i read it regardless
Mieran

2nd Nov 14 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I think if you're still rolling on standard wheels then its not worthy of a mag feature!

--ToM--

2nd Nov 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A cav turbo should only have standard wheels fitted anyway anything else just isn't right
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 14 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never managed to get my corsa featured
taylorboosh

2nd Nov 14 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I never managed to get my corsa featured

Fuck off
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 14 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really didn't.
taylorboosh

2nd Nov 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On what grounds?
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It shouldn't be so much about the mods it's the condition of it
smcGSI16V

2nd Nov 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nics car was never featured as it never had stupid wheels and silly suspension. Didn't fit for the niche market.

I am so bored of total vauxhall and the crap they have published over the last year, I haven't even read the latest one since it was delivered and I am cancelling my subscription.

[Edited on 02-11-2014 by smcGSI16V]
smcGSI16V

2nd Nov 14 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It shouldn't be so much about the mods it's the condition of it

Wrong.

It should just be a very good car. Whether that be bonkers mods and power/real clean stock/bit of both/uber rare.
A 1.2 corsa d with ill fitting coloured wheels, terrible suspension and cobra buckets should never make a feature. But they do.
Generation

2nd Nov 14 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't have stupid wheels and suspension and got featured. Loads of cars in the mag don't
Jarkle

2nd Nov 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't focus on cars with 'silly suspension and wheels', they make up a fraction of the features in the mag. The last few covers have had an old school Nova, a twin engined Corsa B, a Firenza with old school Compomotives, a supercharged Coupe and a fairly OE-looking GSi. None of these are especially low, none have stretched tyres, they're just fantastic examples of various aspects of the diverse Vauxhall scene.

The same goes for VXRs - yes we feature them as they make up a considerable portion of the scene, but they're vastly outweighed by the older cars. We haven't had one as the cover car since July.

I'm sorry if you feel the mag staff are hard to contact, but then we're a team of two and both of us also work on other magazines at the same time. I always endeavour to reply to emails promptly.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I deserve a feature IMO
steve_turbo

2nd Nov 14 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh it doesn't matter what's in the mag you can't please everyone all the time especially in the modified car scene which changes all the time.
I've always thought the mag has a decent mix of vauxhalls but if there is a car in that's I'm not interested in I don't read about it and find the one I am interested in!
We've only got one mag unlike the ford/vw scene I'd rather we kept it than slate it for it to disappear and have nowt!!
--ToM--

3rd Nov 14 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
I deserve a feature IMO

Contact them then instead of posting that you deserve one on here all the time
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 14 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wind deflectors
taylorboosh

3rd Nov 14 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That blue b is - whilst nice, no more modified... Sport interior, Gsi kit, lowered and wheels...

Are any of the above considered mods nowadays?
taylorboosh

3rd Nov 14 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that gte is like something from barry boys tbh
Jarkle

3rd Nov 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
And that gte is like something from barry boys tbh

As others have already pointed out, we have to try to appeal to as many readers as possible, and we've had a lot of positive feedback about that Kadett GSi. It's hardly Barry Boys material though, there's not a combat kit in sight!

Please feel free to email in your cars for a feature, though you do have to understand that we can't feature everything out there. There are all manner of cars in the works for the coming issues, and of course you won't like all of them, but then again that's the nature of a scene that contains everything from HA Vivas to VXRs.

This is the email address to send feature submissions to; totalvauxhall.ed@kelsey.co.uk
taylorboosh

3rd Nov 14 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was buzzing my vec c gsi got put in local heros a few years back mate...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Total Vauxhall 22 database queries in 0.1023259 seconds