corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf R Estate

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf R Estate
Dave

User status: Offline
24th Oct 14 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are on lease, not hp.
Toby
Premium Member

24th Oct 14 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but Whitter is suggesting that when the lease is over. Pay the balloon payment of XYZ and sell the car on yourself, generally the car will be worth more than the outstanding balance on the car which is how the finance/lease companies earn there money as I'm sure you know. The unfortunate thing for most is having the cash flow to be able to settle the finance in order to sell the car privately.
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lease goes straight back with no balloon option, 99% of the time.
whitter45

24th Oct 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right different story then
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 14 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, tempted to get one at those prices.

What is the actual waiting time for delivery? Says 24wks on one of those sites. Maybe that's normal when getting a brand new car, never done it, but cant be assed waiting that long.

[Edited on 24-10-2014 by Brett]
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless it's a company ran lease deal for non company car employees, they sometimes offer a lease buy-back option at the end of the hire.

My ford s-max family waggon is through one of them, iirc if I were to buy the car at the end, including the 4yr hire & "interest" and 4yrs maintenance tyres and tax it works out around 2k less than the cars rrp. I know no-one pays list price at ford but it's still majorly beneficial to lease.

This golf on the other hand, it had to go back after 24months, but in that time it's cost less than the depreciation to own for a until such time that i'm bored with it and want a change.
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

March 2015 for mine, which works very well as mrs is still on maternity leave until then so don't need it.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Oct 14 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ
whitter45

24th Oct 14 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most VAGs are now built to order unless one is in the system

Lead times vary by model but GTD's are taking up to 7 months, Audi A3 saloons could be up to 8 months depending on Spec

gav93

24th Oct 14 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow those golf r's on that lease are very tempting..... I wouldn't even have the urge to modify it the slightest either which would be a first for me!

going to look into the t+c's
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Options add loads to leases as well, another good point for consideration. If you go mental ticking options then a lease probably isn't for you.

I've just ordered tornado red without any options as I'm not wanting to drift away from it being a performance bargain. However if they phoned up with a limestone grey with dsg and 19's became available on their system then I'd have to have it I think
NovaGTE2

24th Oct 14 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
You can get deals for as many miles as you want usually up to 30k pa. This will be a 2nd car so I just took the minimum and if I go over its only 6ppm. So another 1000 miles will be £60, not really a problem.

Is there a max you can go over on yours? I would like a lease but my annual mileage changes so often it could be 20K one year and 8K the next!
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not too sure, but I can't see them restricting the use too much. I'm certain if you got a 20k lease deal and handed back with 30k you would give them 600-700 quid and that would be that.
Colin

24th Oct 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only place I can see an issue is if you took a maintenance / tyre package then quadrupled the mileage agreed
whitter45

24th Oct 14 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Options add loads to leases as well, another good point for consideration. If you go mental ticking options then a lease probably isn't for you.

I've just ordered tornado red without any options as I'm not wanting to drift away from it being a performance bargain. However if they phoned up with a limestone grey with dsg and 19's became available on their system then I'd have to have it I think

agree and that's because options add nothing to the second hand value except a sunroof in which you can recover the cost of the initial outlay (so I am told anyway)

If you look at residuals even the higher standard spec models lose more money than the lower spec ones
Jambo

24th Oct 14 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DS3 goes back in June. Tempted to get one of these as the replacement so lead time is ideal really.
Dave

24th Oct 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some great lease deals about, although this is one of the best I've seen. When they are this cheap it's usual one off offers by a particular leasing company, the company you deal with is almost always acting like a broker, and once they are gone they are gone.

I'm in a 120d at the moment, Sport spec, full maintenance 2yr 10k per year for £204 +£1500 initial rental. It's a case of the right deal coming at the right time but I'd definitely look at leasing again.
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car companies have to do these deals tbh, they know 5-10yr car are too reliable/good value and don't want you buying them instead. They can't compete with there own previous cars.
gav93

24th Oct 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the age restrictions on these if there are any , im 21 would I be able to lease that have a f/t job etc..
GB123
Premium Member

24th Oct 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have to pass their credit check
SVM 286

24th Oct 14 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/10/16/everyone-on-the-internet-has-a-golf-r/#.VEecq_nF-WM

Brilliant.
SVM 286

24th Oct 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
They were knocking them out on a 2yr lease for £200 p/m recently, regardless of how you feel about leasing that's incredibly cheap.

I'm assuming you give someone two hundred pounds a month for two years and at the end they take the car away from you yes Dave?

Alright in the short time I suppose, but fairly terrible after the 24th month.
Dave

24th Oct 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, that's what it amounts too, you're renting a brand new decent spec 1 series for £60 a week if you include the deposit.

Last car I bought second hand but when you consider the value it lost in the time I had it, plus the cost of maintaining it I'm not sure in my case it worked out much cheaper, plus you have the hassle of getting it fixed, unforeseen expenses etc.

On the flip side my van has lost about £2000 in four years, never broken down/failed an mot so clearly it can go either way.

[Edited on 24-10-2014 by Dave]
Jambo

24th Oct 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something not usually banded bout with lease deals etc, is that monthly sum includes the tax. Also newer cars (model vs older model) are cheaper to insure, and the more modern stuff is FAR better on fuel. I would rather give Citroen/Lease company money for a car than shell for money for fuel.

My DS3 does 40-43mpg around town. Even an old Corsa sport 1.4 couldnt get close to that.

When you add up, insurance, tax, MOTs, repairs, servicing, brakes, tyres, insurance. On the right lease deal the figures add up IMO.

But as Dave quire rightly says, the thing is the right deal at the right time. I didn't set out to buy a DS3, and wasn't even considering a convertible. However it came in so cheap with 90% of all the options I wanted that I couldn't say no.
Ben G

24th Oct 14 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
They were knocking them out on a 2yr lease for £200 p/m recently, regardless of how you feel about leasing that's incredibly cheap.

I'm assuming you give someone two hundred pounds a month for two years and at the end they take the car away from you yes Dave?

Alright in the short time I suppose, but fairly terrible after the 24th month.

No different to renting a house is it?

I don't understand why people are so anti-lease/finance.

People rent suits, hookers, games and all sorts yet cars are taboo.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf R Estate 22 database queries in 0.1933441 seconds