corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a plate of a car with no MOT - Got it with pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a plate of a car with no MOT - Got it with pics
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
20th Oct 14 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely those bumpers aren't getting any cheaper.

Loads on that to square it up and get the plate for free.
pow
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enough on that to get the plate and the transfer fee. BMW boys love a breaker. Stop being such an old man Dave

[Edited on 20-10-2014 by pow]
Corsa_Sport21

20th Oct 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2
Also the MOT elapsed in the past 6 months and the car owner hasnt changed nor cashed in the tax so can get the plate off without an MOT; just if I can get one with little effort will make the car saleable and the transfer easier

Got a link to where you have read that info?

Was always under the impression that under no circumstances can the plate be removed without the car having a valid mot.
NovaGTE2

20th Oct 14 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Also the MOT elapsed in the past 6 months and the car owner hasnt changed nor cashed in the tax so can get the plate off without an MOT; just if I can get one with little effort will make the car saleable and the transfer easier

Was always under the impression that under no circumstances can the plate be removed without the car having a valid mot.

here http://www.platemaster.com/sell_a_plate_faqs.asp?question=3#question
l88fty
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

I was also under this impression, so it must have changed recently because I spent most of 2011 along with the help of my solicoitors trying to get a plate of a vehicle which had no Tax or MOT as it had been SORN and under no circumstances would they let the plate come off the vehicle until it had T&T again.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hurst is a tough name to get on a private plate. I settled for HST on mine.

I'll use it one day

[Edited on 20-10-2014 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a plate of a car with no MOT - Got it with pics 23 database queries in 0.0111630 seconds