corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Re-sitting GCSE

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Re-sitting GCSE
Aaron

User status: Offline
18th Oct 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know if you want any past exam papers. I work in secondary schools and academies, and can easily get them. TBH, they're probably downloadable from the exam board website anyway
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Oct 14 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
you could always ask a local college if they'll let you pay to sit it in November.

They'll probably say no - the pass rate is important to them and they don't typically take risks on people they've not taught.

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
a) its only free if you're unemployed
b) as an employer - it isnt

Not strictly as easy as that - there are various structures of course and eligibility requirements for waivers where either the government or the college itself will cover all or some of the cost. It comes down to the individual college and what they are offering, quite a few different ways to approach it.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
when I did mine the people who hadn't got a good enough GCSE just had to do something alongside their apprenticeship, key skills rings a bell.

Which is another approach but this is only the case if they've enough confidence that you'll pass and also the funding structures, timetables etc. allow it. That can sometimes come down to the number of hours you study as it can bring more income in to add bits on to a main course or sometimes it would be a cost and need covering somehow.

[Edited on 18-10-2014 by Ian]
GB123
Premium Member

18th Oct 14 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

They'll probably say no - the pass rate is important to them and they don't typically take risks on people they've not taught.

Good point actually, didn't think of that
taylorboosh

19th Oct 14 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
It's a walk in test, with no courses required? Are you sure?

Yes mrs did it a couple years ago
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Oct 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://sunderlandcollege.ac.uk/adult/test-the-city/

No mention of which qual.

Is this place near to you?

Palmer's College, Chadwell Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 5TD 01375-370121

They're on the AQA list as accepting private candidates.

Probably need to do some tuition and you'll also need some time for controlled assessment and some way of authenticating the coursework. So not a walk in test, but private entry is probably the way to go to get it quickly.
Generation

19th Oct 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian! palmers college isn't far from me. I will give them a ring tomorrow for some more information.
taylorboosh

19th Oct 14 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
http://sunderlandcollege.ac.uk/adult/test-the-city/

No mention of which qual.

Is this place near to you?

Palmer's College, Chadwell Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 5TD 01375-370121

They're on the AQA list as accepting private candidates.

Probably need to do some tuition and you'll also need some time for controlled assessment and some way of authenticating the coursework. So not a walk in test, but private entry is probably the way to go to get it quickly.

Not sure how good a qual but teeside uni were willing to take it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Re-sitting GCSE 22 database queries in 0.0119879 seconds