corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nexus 6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nexus 6
John

User status: Offline
15th Oct 14 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.google.com/nexus/

Looks good and just as expected. Too big for me though
Rob_Quads

15th Oct 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a nice bit of kit along with the Nexus 9.

Wasn't quite expecting it to be $649
Andrew

15th Oct 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite fancy the Nexus 9. They recon it will cost around £250.
Cavey

15th Oct 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm slightly annoyed at it being 5.96" big. Don't want that so might have to go for the galaxy alpha Although it'll use the moto speed charger which will give 6 hrs from 15 mins apparently.

Android 5 announced too, ETA to full battery is a nice little addition.
John

15th Oct 14 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lollipop will keep me entertained for a bit. Not any phone I want now have avoided putting an android L ROM on so its new when it comes out officially.
Rob_Quads

15th Oct 14 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Quite fancy the Nexus 9. They recon it will cost around £250.

If its $399 I can see it being more like £300 or even a bit more possibly. £250 would be exactly on the same price with the current exchange rate and that never happens.
Andrew

25th Oct 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ordered an iPad Air 2 16GB. Just being a tight arse trying to get the best tablet for less money. Been looking for a while now what to replace my iPad 2 with after breaking the screen.

The A8X chip looks immense!!
JonnyJ

27th Oct 14 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

size won't be an issue for me. Had to borrow my brothers Note 2 since my battery exploded out of the back of my 4 and it's taken no time at all to get used to the size.

Seems pretty expensive though, one of the good things about nexus phones in the past was they were brilliant quality for the price.
Balling
Premium Member

27th Oct 14 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear larger screens is progress for the sake of progress. I flat out refuse to believe that the general public prefers a 6" screen to something 1-1,5" smaller.

It's a desperate attempt at hiding the lack of innovation while also keeping out dated models on the market a bit longer.

I predict that in a couple of years "nano" style phones will be all the rage. Same technical specs but in a smaller form factor with a 4,5" or similar screen.

Dave

27th Oct 14 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sort of agree, it's an easy way to show the general public that your new phone is "better" than the outgoing model. However, do you not think the size is something you'll get used to fairly quickly? For years I always had small simple Nokias, 6700 type, and when I first got an iPhone it felt way too big but now it feels fine. I imagine if I was to get a 6 it'd be a similar thing, then if you had to use a 4 it would feel too small.
Rob_Quads

27th Oct 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem of too big comes when it does not fit in my pocket. I made a cut-out of an iPhone 6Plus and it just was too big for me. It stuck out many pockets and when in my normal jeans pocket would jab me in the hip when I sit down so it was too big. The iPhone 6 is about as big as I would want to go for this reason. I am sure while using it the iPhone 6Plus size phones are better to use but at the compromise of portability.
Cavey

27th Oct 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason they're getting bigger is because people are watching more on them, spending more time on the internet and playing games which are better with a larger screen. - I do most of my browsing on the phone now, and use SkyGo and TVCatchup quite a lot to stop the missus bitching about me having sport on TV, so can see why a larger screen would be advantageous.

Personally I would prefer a smaller screen, my Nexus4 is fine for me, but i'm sure i'd adapt to a larger screen quickly enough. Luckily I wear faitly baggy jeans, and my work trousers have massive pockets so no issue there for me.
oceansoul

27th Feb 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does any one have the N6? I need to replace my Nexus 4 soon and was going to get the N6 but i'm put off by the size and the price. I'm just not sure i can justify £500 odd for one. I might get the Nexus 5, is this now considered "old"? Decisions, decisions.
Cavey

27th Feb 15 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave up and went for the z3 compact, same size as the n4 and a lot quicker. Would of preferred this spec in an n4 casing, but oh well

New Poll