corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » P304 - Misfire on Cyl 4 help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author P304 - Misfire on Cyl 4 help
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Oct 14 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents zafira came up with this code the other day so me n pop set about having a look at trying to sort it..

checked the injectors and they are all ok, checked the wiring to the plugs that seems all ok (spark plug on cyl 4 is wet so it must be working)

narrowed it down to the coilpack (ignition coil) and we bought another, put it on this morning and problem still remained.

the management light comes on along with the traction control light
the water temp never registered much more than 80c
had a wierd cat type eggy smell in the engine bay

any idea?

its a z18se and is totally bog standard.
SportBoy

14th Oct 14 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If plug is wet it will normally be plug,coil or compression.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Oct 14 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i swapped plugs from cyl3 and 4 and the wet cyl4 plug was dry and the cyl3 plug was wet, that leads me to believe it wasn't the plugs.

the coil is brand new so i cant see it being that.. i shall check the compression tomorrow.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Oct 14 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a compression test on the engine tonight and cyl 1-3 had 150psi but cyl4 registered 0psi.

could it be a sticky valve maybe?
johnhara1

19th Oct 14 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valve, Head or Ring.

DERV-POWER

25th Oct 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

burnt out exhaust valve
guessing its a 1.8

New Poll