corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How to go about the first stage?

Poll: How to go about the first stage?
Bank AIP 1 (100%)
Online AIP 0 (0%)
Advisor 0 (0%)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to go about the first stage?
kz

User status: Offline
12th Oct 14 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been wanting to get off the starting block with the missus for a while now but she was on minimum wage so it was hard... she's just got a new job which is a £10,000 pay rise for her! So after 3 months (I believe that's what most places want to see?) we're finally going to make the search begin.

I've heard many conflicting stories about how to go about doing things... I'm sure there's people on here that have tried different methods so I wondered if you could offer some advice.

a) Go into bank and get a AIP

b) Do a AIP online

c) Have a meeting with an independent advisor and do everything they recommend

Also, I know everyone's situation is different... but a quick check on HSBC's calculator recommends we can look for property's up to the value of £250,000. I'm telling the missus that out original aim of £175,000 really isn't going to be stretching ourselves, but she's very cautious and wants to spend as little as possible (something I don't agree with, I think it's better to get the best you can afford within reason!) did any of you guys struggle with payments?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Oct 14 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely would recommend Nationwide. I used them in branch for my remortgage and they were a breath of fresh air.

You can play abound on the moneyadviceservice website to get an idea of costs etc. it's a government website and the mortgage comparison tables show rates from all lenders. You will be able to see your monthly payments etc clearly there and you should be able to get a good idea of what banks you should be booking to see.

Edit: here is the link you need.
https://compare.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/mortgages/Step1

[Edited on 12-10-2014 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
kz

12th Oct 14 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funnily enough Nationwide are the only people we've previously approached, purely on recommendations. However the lady I spoke to came over completely arrogant and tbh quite condescending... it really put me off! However my girlfriend did calm me down and said you can't judge a whole company just on one person. So perhaps I'll try again. I'll have a look at that website tomorrow when I've got a chance, cheers!

New Poll