corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road tax petition

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road tax petition
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Oct 14 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What he drives is completely not important.

He even did the maths to tell me he's only losing 12 quid.

Must have lost of money if that's fine.
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone else on PH has linked to another Tax petition, which seems to have generated a few pages of replies...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1450413&mid=217033&i=0&nmt=Collectively%2C+can+we+change+the+DVLA+double+taxation%3F&mid=217033

Someone on page 3 has linked your one. I've requited it on page 5 to see if it gets picked up by others.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, I just found it funny that he felt the need to mention it.

You could have 42 bags of oven baked walkers crisps for that
daine
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed!!, done.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly didn't think there would be so many people either couldn't be arsed to do it, or appear to be happy losing money, or have a way themselves to do it which is so complicated that no one even understands the issue.
Jay

7th Oct 14 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just as baffled that people arent bothered by this, I sold my corsa that I'd just taxed that month for £99, weighed it in around the 9th and got a cheque for £75 back about 3 weeks later.
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many does it need ?

GB123
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10,000 signatures for a reply from the specific government department, 100,000 it could be debated in the House of Commons
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I honestly didn't think there would be so many people either couldn't be arsed to do it, or appear to be happy losing money, or have a way themselves to do it which is so complicated that no one even understands the issue.

Tell them that for 2 minutes work they can earn £360 per hour, who can turn down an hourly rate like that?
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree. Signed
Will find your fb link and share it later too

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Im just as baffled that people arent bothered by this, I sold my corsa that I'd just taxed that month for £99, weighed it in around the 9th and got a cheque for £75 back about 3 weeks later.

Someone in that longer PH thread - its not worth the hassle - of typing some things on the internet.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

766 signatures. Not loads but that's improved since I wanted to rant yesterday.

Seen a few random strangers sharing it as well, that's normally good news.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Ian]
Gary
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people buy a car and keep it for years so the tax system will have very little effect on them. Can't see it going anywhere to be honest
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats such a bullshit point of view to have.

I'm not a nurse and I signed 'No to proposed increase in fees for Nurses and Midwives' because I think its unfair to nurses and midwives that they must pay a membership fee to some bullshit quango in order to earn a living.

Its never going to affect me and I've absolutely no financial interest, not even the tenner that I would save eventually if I even drove a car.

Should the rest of the country ignore issues because they won't personally benefit from supporting them? Might renege on my support for non-stun animal slaughter because I'm never going to be a cow.

Probably should stop reading the news about Iraq and Syria while I'm at it. I mean, the welfare of thousands of all those civilians isn't really my first-world worry. In fact while we're there, close Oxfam, fucking dogooders.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact, that welfare state is costing me a bit, better shut that. And i've not been ill much this week. That NHS bullshit is obviously not serving me and me alone.
John

7th Oct 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm never sick, definitely don't get my monies worth from the NHS.
BeetleGav

7th Oct 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't beat an Ian rant!!

Signatures are creeping up nicely now
pow
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 06:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bupa m8
Gary
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Thats such a bullshit point of view to have.

I'm not a nurse and I signed 'No to proposed increase in fees for Nurses and Midwives' because I think its unfair to nurses and midwives that they must pay a membership fee to some bullshit quango in order to earn a living.

Its never going to affect me and I've absolutely no financial interest, not even the tenner that I would save eventually if I even drove a car.

Should the rest of the country ignore issues because they won't personally benefit from supporting them? Might renege on my support for non-stun animal slaughter because I'm never going to be a cow.

Probably should stop reading the news about Iraq and Syria while I'm at it. I mean, the welfare of thousands of all those civilians isn't really my first-world worry. In fact while we're there, close Oxfam, fucking dogooders.

Dafuq? Call bullshit but it's the truth. Most folk don't give a toss about anything that dnt directly affect them.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed
taylorboosh

8th Oct 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is going on here
Ben G

8th Oct 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost at 1,000
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 14 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Dafuq? Call bullshit but it's the truth. Most folk don't give a toss about anything that dnt directly affect them.

Unless they can pour some water over their heads for internet points. The world is fucked.
Ben G

8th Oct 14 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised you can sign using 2 different email addresses
Danny92

12th Oct 14 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

signed and shared on facebook

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road tax petition 23 database queries in 0.1972229 seconds