corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » declaring engine.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author declaring engine.
corsajay88

User status: Offline
31st Aug 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
I'm going to sit in Mr Barnes' corner. A police officer can only give you a tug if they suspect you of breaking a law (yes this section of PACE does get abused) so you must aroused their suspiousions initially or they flagged you up as having no insurance.

I don't understand (unless you were travelling in excess of say 100mph) why they would even want to check when engine was in the car and then would 75% percent of police officers even be able to tell espically in this day and age when a 1200cc engine is larger than an XE.

Totting up comes with an automatic 6 month ban unless by some miracle you manage to pursuade the courts otherwise but I'm going to hazard a guess that this isn't the first time you have been caught without insurance.

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by Toby]

Ahem.

S163 of the Road Traffic Act. Nothing to do with PACE. Power to stop a mechanically propelled vehicle, on being required to do so by a constable in uniform. No offences required. You can be stopped without reason, but it usually leads onto S164 whereby you have to provide your driving licence, or give your name and details accordingly so it can be checked.

As we don't know the full ins and outs of the story, there can be a number of reasons that an engine bay might be checked. But if you see an old Corsa B travelling rather quickly and sounding pretty loud, it might be worth taking a look at the engine bay, just in case there's something there that shouldn't be. As someone said earlier, there are a few coppers that know what they're looking at.....

I got stopped under this the other week by two coppers in a riot van. Had a brake light out which I didn't know about. Took offence when I told him I didn't know it was out and that it could've gone at anytime time. Found out later that with my car having 3rd brake light it was all bollocks anyway as legally you need two working which I had
GB123
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All lights fitted to your car must be working, if your car has 3 brake lights all 3 must work.
Ben G

31st Aug 14 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
All lights fitted to your car must be working, if your car has 3 brake lights all 3 must work.

Even for the Mot?
Generation

31st Aug 14 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been stopped few items, one of these times they specifically said "we're stopping you as your car is modified"
Generation

31st Aug 14 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, completely. I didn't have a problem with it, as I had nothing to hide.
Corsa_Sport21

31st Aug 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

Even for the Mot?

MOT is different to construction and use.
Corsa_Sport21

31st Aug 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate was parked up outside a shop in his Nova when an unmarked traffic car pulled in behind him and came over and asked him to pop the bonnet. Was still the standard 1.2 engine which gave him the last laugh. He did have un-declared mods (they called up his insurance) but they went easy on him and let him drive the car away but told him to get it sorted after his insurance company told the coppers they would give him 10 days to declare everything or they would cancel his policy.

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
Ben G

31st Aug 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:

Even for the Mot?

MOT is different to construction and use.

Yep, there was no mention of police/mot though.
Corsa_Sport21

31st Aug 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't need to mention it when his comment was a reply about getting pulled by the police for having a brake light out.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Aug 14 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
My understanding was that there has to be a valid reason to pull you over

Document check would cover most things.

He's also said he was speeding.
GB123
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Even for the Mot?

For MOT if it's there and connected it must work, but if there's doubt about whether it's connected you can be let off:

"Additional Stop Lamps Fitted. Any additional stop lamps fitted and connected must be tested. Where extra lamps are fitted and there is doubt as to whether they are connected, the benefit of this doubt should be given to the presenter."
Andrew

31st Aug 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will only ever get stopped if you have done something wrong or they have reason to believe there is something wrong with your motor.

I've been stopped a few times, each time the copper has been sound. Always has been about my speed and given a warning to slow down... Unless you are driving like a cunt, you shouldn't get done for anything if you are reasonable when pulled over.

If you don't keep your vehicle road worthy, you are asking for trouble.
mattievRS

31st Aug 14 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know you but having admitted to an undeclared conversion and speeding, and previous dangerous driving etc..... I'm glad you've been pulled. I really do hope the police go in dry and bum fuck you hard. You pal, seem like a class 1 cunt.
Ben G

31st Aug 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Shouldn't need to mention it when his comment was a reply about getting pulled by the police for having a brake light out.

This is corsasport, full of pretentious fucktards who enjoy fucking around with things you say. So yes, you need to say what it is you're talking about.
andy_mk3

31st Aug 14 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the testing guide:

quote:
Additional stop lamps fitted and connected must be tested. Where extra lamps are fitted and there is doubt as to whether they are connected, the benefit of this doubt should be given to the presenter.

I never fail cars on the centre brake light, I can't prove that it's wired up.
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
I don't know you but having admitted to an undeclared conversion and speeding, and previous dangerous driving etc..... I'm glad you've been pulled. I really do hope the police go in dry and bum fuck you hard. You pal, seem like a class 1 cunt.

I am a class 1 cunt.
GB123
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
From the testing guide:

quote:
Additional stop lamps fitted and connected must be tested. Where extra lamps are fitted and there is doubt as to whether they are connected, the benefit of this doubt should be given to the presenter.

My last post ^

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by GB123]
Jambo

31st Aug 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In terms of the popo knowing the engine differences, the engine number will be incorrect. This is more likely to arouse suspicion of you being a dodgy dealing car salesman than their interest in the modified vauxhall scene.

Alpina used to scratch off the engine numbers of the original BM unit as it was modified and a copper mate once told me they impounded one because they thought it was a dodgy motor, turned out legit so they let it out. But they do sometimes check these things.

andy_mk3

31st Aug 14 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
From the testing guide:

quote:

My last post ^

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by GB123]

Sorry, hadn't refreshed the thread in an while when I replied
alan-g-w

31st Aug 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
You really are a self important cunt Dom.

A bit 'pot, kettle, black' considering Alan

quote:
... I could have afforded it fine you total bell end.

That doesn't make sense, if you could afford it then you would have declared it and gone legit Alan
So why did you think you were better than everyone else and decide to excuse yourself from something every other driver has to do?

quote:
I've simply done what half the owners of engine converted cars don't do - tell the truth about whether it's declared.

So because others commit fraud, you thought you'd do the same? That just makes you an idiot Alan

Looking forward to your future mentally challenged righteous ramblings Alan

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by Dom]

Ironic that you claim I'm the one here rambling when you're acting like a retard on speed.

You're not even good for a heated debate Dom, you're just looking to cause melodrama and a scene. I'd be watching who I'm calling an idiot as well - read that again in context and try to realise what it actually means... still no...? I meant tell the truth online, not to the insurance... you idiot. Keep getting worked up Dom, see how much of a fuck I give. You're just not worth it.
Toby
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

Ahem.

S163 of the Road Traffic Act. Nothing to do with PACE.

I stand corrected. I thought the same rules applied. Shit out doing Law at A Level nevermind 6/7 years later.

Toby
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they going to nail you for speeding too?
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Are they going to nail you for speeding too?

No they not. The copper was actually alright called me an idiot for not declaring it. Why spend all that money and not do something that's important.
Dom

31st Aug 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...see how much of a fuck I give...

Quite a lot from past accounts Alan
Jamie-C

31st Aug 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
banned! 8points for no.insurance. the compound fees will be more than the cars worth by the time you get it sorted!
6 points

I got 6 and I thought the cop was a cunt

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » declaring engine. 22 database queries in 0.1944692 seconds