corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » declaring engine.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author declaring engine.
Generation

User status: Offline
30th Aug 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't have to get one of mine authorised.

Engine changed 4 times, needed proof once.
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
I heard that its a pain to get the conversion down properly as a 2.0 dont you have to get mechanics to authorise it or something?

I sent a letter someone who had never seen my 1.8 conversion knocked up for me with the documents to the DVLA with the new Engine Number/Capacity information. A new V5 came back with the correct information on it, and no questions atall from the DVLA during the whole process.

Insurance didn't want to see any documentation atall regarding the conversion, everything was done verbally with them.

Easy peasy.
Corsa_Sport21

30th Aug 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never declared mine to DVLA, but did have it insured as a 2.0 with all mods declared.

Reason being, the re-sale market for a non declared car was far greater.
Corsa_Sport21

30th Aug 14 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you could still get it back though if you wen't with a trailer??
Generation

30th Aug 14 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So wrong tax then. There was me thinking you were perfect

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by Generation]
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
So wrong tax then. There was me thinking you were perfect

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by Generation]

Not necessarily, could have been a 1.6 to start with.

MX5 Project Thread
big eck

30th Aug 14 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the chance you take. I done it years ago with my old corsa gsi. Was stopped by a motor bike cop and he checked everything, under the bonnet, inside the boot etc and I was fined for having illegal spaces number plates. Bum was twitching a bit when he told me to open the bonnet but he just looked at it for a few secs then closed it lol. Things you do when your young.

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by big eck]
alan-g-w

30th Aug 14 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Don't see how you can excuse yourself for committing insurance fraud because you couldn't afford the insurance - common sense would suggest you wait 'til you could afford it

You really are a self important cunt Dom. Where did I state I couldn't afford it? I've worked full time since I was 16, I could have afforded it fine you total bell end. I didn't see myself making any excuses, nor condoning it? I've simply done what half the owners of engine converted cars don't do - tell the truth about whether it's declared.

Honestly, you're just a sensationalist wanker sometimes.
Jamie-C

30th Aug 14 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
banned! 8points for no.insurance. the compound fees will be more than the cars worth by the time you get it sorted!
6 points
Joey 1.6 sport

30th Aug 14 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sticking this on for johnny86
johnny86
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long are you likely to be banned for 6 months?
Dom

30th Aug 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You really are a self important cunt Dom.

A bit 'pot, kettle, black' considering Alan

quote:
... I could have afforded it fine you total bell end.

That doesn't make sense, if you could afford it then you would have declared it and gone legit Alan
So why did you think you were better than everyone else and decide to excuse yourself from something every other driver has to do?

quote:
I've simply done what half the owners of engine converted cars don't do - tell the truth about whether it's declared.

So because others commit fraud, you thought you'd do the same? That just makes you an idiot Alan

Looking forward to your future mentally challenged righteous ramblings Alan

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by Dom]
Ojc

30th Aug 14 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you don't even have a license or start with
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm sure you don't even have a license or start with

Shut up you bellend. Your just a negative disease riddled cunt. It's like your following me around talking shit. Fuck off and die some where
Nic Barnes

31st Aug 14 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just says no insurance not that you had a different engine. I reckon this story has been elaborated for Internet points.
Toby
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to sit in Mr Barnes' corner. A police officer can only give you a tug if they suspect you of breaking a law (yes this section of PACE does get abused) so you must aroused their suspiousions initially or they flagged you up as having no insurance.

I don't understand (unless you were travelling in excess of say 100mph) why they would even want to check when engine was in the car and then would 75% percent of police officers even be able to tell espically in this day and age when a 1200cc engine is larger than an XE.

Totting up comes with an automatic 6 month ban unless by some miracle you manage to pursuade the courts otherwise but I'm going to hazard a guess that this isn't the first time you have been caught without insurance.

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by Toby]
Dave

31st Aug 14 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what actually happened was you were driving a car with no insurance, a traffic cop with NPR spotted you and seized the vehicle, then you invented the rest for cool story bro.
Ojc

31st Aug 14 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Barnes nail on head, cars been impounded for no insurance, nothing else, none of this elaborate wrong engine bollocks.

Ojc

31st Aug 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
So what actually happened was you were driving a car with no insurance, a traffic cop with NPR spotted you and seized the vehicle, then you invented the rest for cool story bro.

Bingo. Johnny, this website has seen all manner of elaborate stories over the years and it's easy to pick out the bullshitters straight away. Nobody cares anymore, just be yourself
Gary
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
banned! 8points for no.insurance. the compound fees will be more than the cars worth by the time you get it sorted!
6 points

Gary
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i go done for no insurance (un declared mod) they don't differentiate between no insurance and invalid insurance.
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving fast and originally got stopped for speeding . There is no reason for me to lie. I don't know any of you lot I don't need to make up a story.

No I haven't been done for no insurance before I been done for dangerous driving and speeding.

Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 14 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My understanding was that there has to be a valid reason to pull you over, not necessarily an offence caused but a valid reason for suspicion or concern, of course most of the time one can be invented anyway.

Edit. just read some quick google searches that suggest that you can be pulled for any reason, or by truly random means, but not for zero reason or weighted means, eg. every white car

[Edited on 31-08-2014 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

31st Aug 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I was driving fast and originally got stopped for speeding . There is no reason for me to lie. I don't know any of you lot I don't need to make up a story.

No I haven't been done for no insurance before I been done for dangerous driving and speeding.

ok kid, I was just questioning it. No dramas.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » declaring engine. 23 database queries in 0.1009459 seconds