corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This ALS ice bucket challenge thing...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This ALS ice bucket challenge thing...
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 14 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another attention seeking craze, the majority of people are only doing it for likes and have absolutely no idea what's meant to be behind it.

I feel sorry for the people who partake In these Facebook trends, absolute scum of the earth.

Saw this earlier

Untitled by Jsn1995, on Flickr

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact I think out of the 30+ ones I've seen on my news feed maybe one has had ALS in the title the rest just call it the ice bucket challenge.

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Jason x]
deano87

22nd Aug 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure some are just buckets of water, also, and an ice cube has never touched it.

The fail videos are the best
M16KE B

22nd Aug 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x

I feel sorry for the people who partake In these Facebook trends, absolute scum of the earth

We've got children being beheaded in Syria yet the people that want to feel part of something (whether to promote a disease or purely for fun) buy chucking a bucket of water over themselves are the scum of the earth? Why so bitter? Get a grip of yourself son.

If it bothers you that much just stay off social media for a few weeks until the fad blows over.

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by M16KE B]
spencer88

22nd Aug 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason X once again proving why he is a bellend!

I think it is fantastic, as long as people are donating.

Charlie Sheens was pretty good
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M16KE B
We've got children being beheaded in Syria yet the people that want to feel part of something (whether to promote a disease or purely for fun) buy chucking a bucket of water over themselves are the scum of the earth? Why so bitter? Get a grip of yourself son.

If it bothers you that much just stay off social media for a few weeks until the fad blows over.

I don't give a shit what's going on in Syria. I don't have to view that on my Facebook.

Forgive me for not wanting to see people tip a bucket of water over their head or down a pint mixed with sick and whey protein.
M16KE B

22nd Aug 14 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by M16KE B

I don't give a shit what's going on in Syria. I don't have to view that on my Facebook.

Forgive me for not wanting to see people tip a bucket of water over their head or down a pint mixed with sick and whey protein.

Dont think you can compare that Neknomite shit (which has absolutley zero to do with my point nor this thread) with a bit of fun in order to raise awareness / donations. Like i said dont look at it - you dont HAVE to view anything on facebook, just scroll past it.
Hammer

22nd Aug 14 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only a miserable cunt that spends all their time moaning on internet forums would chastise someone for raising money and nominating others to raise money for charity.

Is it stupid? Yes. Are some folk using it to attention seek? Yes. Does it work though? Yes.
Ben G

22nd Aug 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe I just like seeing things done correctly and not mis-used by some chavs who want to look hip and current to their buddies.
M16KE B

22nd Aug 14 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing, even the people doing it purely for the likes, as it were, who don't give two fucks about the cause, are inadvertently helping raise money and awareness anyway. Harmless, fun, and for the most part worthwhile.

Scum of the earth indeed.
Dr Pepper

22nd Aug 14 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get annoyed at stuff like this before I grew up.

So some people might do it for the laugh or for facebook attention - well that is a very minor downside of a craze that is raising a hell of a lot of money and awareness for a charity.

Talk is cheap, internet speak is even cheaper - you really need to go and do something positive yourself before you have the right to criticize anyone elses charitable actions(whatever their reasons for performing those actions are)
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never knew what ALS was before this... so although people may be jumping on the bandwagon for the attention, you can't argue that it has risen awareness

pew pew pew pewwwww
Ben G

22nd Aug 14 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

So some people might do it for the laugh or for facebook attention - well that is a very minor downside of a craze that is raising a hell of a lot of money and awareness for a charity.

Talk is cheap, internet speak is even cheaper - you really need to go and do something positive yourself before you have the right to criticize anyone elses charitable actions(whatever their reasons for performing those actions are)

If thats directed towards me then you're just as bad as you have no idea what I do for charity.

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but we always donate our last hours pay every year to macmillan and Gosh which I believe raises about 10k per year. Yet I don't need to post it on the Internet to make it look like i'm doing something good.
Generation

22nd Aug 14 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen a guy fill up a bucket inside a supermarket throw it all over himself and the floor and walk off..

Somebody slips on that, could smash their head open. As I said, is just people trying to out do eachother for maximum
Attention

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Generation]
Ben G

22nd Aug 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bit harsh some poor sods gotta mop that up now.

I like the 50 cent, Charlie sheen style ones which actually say why they're donating, rather than mateys on facebook just saying that they've been nominated without giving any explanation as to what cause it's for.
Dr Pepper

22nd Aug 14 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

If thats directed towards me then you're just as bad as you have no idea what I do for charity.

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but we always donate our last hours pay every year to macmillan and Gosh which I believe raises about 10k per year. Yet I don't need to post it on the Internet to make it look like i'm doing something good.

As I said - people need to make sure they personally do enough for charity before they start criticizing the motives of others that do. That was not aimed directly at you, but the fact you think it was probably says a lot.

There is only one equation that really matters though.....

Which raises more money for charity?

1.You moaning about attention seeking charity facebook nominations on corsasport so you somehow look 'above' social trending(this is full of hypocrisy by the way)

2.You taking part in charity facebook nominations and nominating your friends to do the same

Ben G

22nd Aug 14 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad you think that I feel I made this thread to be ''above social trending'' unfortunately I'm not one to follow crowds and prefer to do my own thing, so thats a load of rubbish.

I made this thread to see if I was on my own in my thinking, which i'm clearly not.

I can see it's raising awareness, but as Generations n has pointed out, people are.now trying to out'do eachother and become the next internet sensation. It's only a matter of time before another bucket full of water gets dropped on someone causing a serious brain injury and everyone will be up in arms about it.
Dr Pepper

22nd Aug 14 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I'm glad you think that I feel I made this thread to be ''above social trending'' unfortunately I'm not one to follow crowds and prefer to do my own thing, so thats a load of rubbish.

I made this thread to see if I was on my own in my thinking, which i'm clearly not.

I can see it's raising awareness, but as Generations n has pointed out, people are.now trying to out'do eachother and become the next internet sensation. It's only a matter of time before another bucket full of water gets dropped on someone causing a serious brain injury and everyone will be up in arms about it.

There are many things that worry and annoy me about Social media and trending .... Charitable acts or related accidents are really not one of them.
Ben G

22nd Aug 14 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good for you
Cole

22nd Aug 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the $50million that's been raised for als/mnda isn't worth having your newsfeed full of these videos I believe it is
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please provide evidence the 50 million raised is a result of the retarded craze.
Cavey

22nd Aug 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They raised $1.9m in the same period last year.
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
They raised $1.9m in the same period last year.

Thanks for the evidence, I've now completely changed my mind and have a completely different view.
Cole

22nd Aug 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Please provide evidence the 50 million raised is a result of the retarded craze.

http://time.com/3159673/als-ice-bucket-challenge-donations/
Dr Pepper

22nd Aug 14 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:

http://time.com/3159673/als-ice-bucket-challenge-donations/

end of argument

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This ALS ice bucket challenge thing... 23 database queries in 0.0165100 seconds